2016 Acts

MusicMatters2U

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

LOL, Stereophonics headlining! Since when are they suddenly not subs? 

Since they are co headlining.

When you think of there fan base, arena tour and cardiff stadium then co headliner is pretty spot on. Stereophonics/Faithless will certainly be attractive for the average iow punter I would of thought.

1 minute ago, thetime said:

When you think of there fan base, arena tour and cardiff stadium then co headliner is pretty spot on. Stereophonics/Faithless will certainly be attractive for the average iow punter I would of thought.

You're the only one I have seen not think it's junk. Co-heading is still heading, lets not start this because they have a dance closer now, that's like saying Biffy weren't heading. Cardiff if their home city and like I just put in that other post you've downed, it's not like they haven't been booked to sub over the years doing arena's as well.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

You're the only one I have seen not think it's junk. Co-heading is still heading, lets not start this because they have a dance closer now, that's like saying Biffy weren't heading. Cardiff if their home city and like I just put in that other post you've downed, it's not like they haven't been booked to sub over the years doing arena's as well.

He didn't even suggest co-headlining was below headlining.

You asked when they stopped being subs and he answered that that happened when they became co-headliners (ie. today).

christ you've gotta hope they've got something really special lined up for that final headliner (something of Guns N Roses proportions) otherwise they've really dropped the ball headliner wise this year (especially in comparison to last year where they pretty much wiped the floor with Glastonbury... headliner wise, anyway)

14 hours ago, thetime said:

Given that they have not-Queen on Friday night, I reckon they're inspired bookings to get in a crowd.

• 2 weeks later...

Line up is looking pretty bad this year. Of course, we don't know who is playing when, but other than Queen and the old school punk bands, there's nothing really exciting me. Sure, a few acts I would watch but no must sees. Pendulum will no doubt be headlining the big top one of the nights, but a DJ set is a poor cop-out. 

I go every year with friends and family as it's my 'local' but I'm really not excited about it at all at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...