2016 Acts

MusicMatters2U

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Last Shadow Puppets are a good shout for IoW 16 now!

Radio X news: The Last Shadow Puppets' New Album Is "Recorded" And Ready For 2016

Other bands/artists who are touring or have new album's out who I'd like to see (or I can imagine being announced) are New Order, David Bowie, Blossoms, Richard Ashcroft, Gorillaz, Suede, Kurt Vile, Guy Harvey, Will Smith, Garbage, Editors, Bloc Party, Foals, Maccabees, The Sunshine Underground, Stone Roses, Chvrches, Muse, Coldplay, and the Chemical Brothers. IoW get a few of guitar bands on, but feature a few pop and electronic music acts in the line-up too.

tumblr_lw00in3j371qiw2ddo1_1280.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Going with Chase & Status and The Libertines.

I think that is the best bet atm but I'm not sure The Libs on a 3rd year of touring would be that big a deal? Their new album didn't do that well really and it was rubbish. I will say it will do nothing to steal a march on Reading as they already had them, I can see it being someone that people would maybe want at Reading.

1 minute ago, craigb said:

Doesn't Giddings avoid booking bands with dates in London over the summer. Especially headliners and bands high up the bill 

He's said previously that he doesn't want to book acts with big London gigs after they had three in 2013 but then again they booked Fleetwood Mac last year.

19 minutes ago, craigb said:

Doesn't Giddings avoid booking bands with dates in London over the summer. Especially headliners and bands high up the bill 

Absolutely not.  Tom Petty (Royal Albert Hall), Bruce Springsteen (Hyde Park), Stone Roses (2 x Finsbury Park), Bon Jovi (Hyde Park), Fleetwood Mac (4 x O2 Arena) and Blur (Hyde Park) in the last four years. Also you could add KOL (MK Bowl) and The Prodigy (Ally Pally in May) depending on your definitions of London and Summer.

Just now, mrtourette said:

Absolutely not.  Tom Petty (Royal Albert Hall), Bruce Springsteen (Hyde Park), Stone Roses (2 x Finsbury Park), Bon Jovi (Hyde Park), Fleetwood Mac (4 x O2 Arena) and Blur (Hyde Park) in the last four years. Also you could add KOL (MK Bowl) and The Prodigy (Ally Pally in May) depending on your definitions of London and Summer.

Ok maybe I need to reword it - Giddings as previously said in interviews he tried to avoid bands with big summer gigs. Looks like he's not doing a very good job  

Yeah that sounds more like it. Probably hasn't got the weight to throw around and insist that sort of thing. If Bruce Springsteen/Bon Jovi/Fleetwood Mac are coming the the UK you can be damn sure they're going to milk it for all they can and no limey promoter called Jeff Giddington is going to stop them.