Thursday Coach tickets

Abensie

I am an old hat at ticket day but this year, for the first time, i am tryign to get coach tickets (i'm off on holiday on 4th and probably won't be able to do the Sunday rush).

How does that work with the times and pick up points?  Do you need to choose the station and time you want when you put inthe order?  And, if so, can you book like 4am on Wednesday to get there before the gates open or are there very limited time slots for the official coaches?

thanks peeps! x

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You get to pick the location and the day for all locations aside from London and Bristol - you can pick times for those locations. All others are just picked for you - I am guessing they have more coaches on from Bristol and London then other cities :)

If successful - you get an email usually in May confirming the coach time and location.

You pick up your ticket on the coach as the driver hands them out - this can either be at the start of the journey or at a service station on route, depending on the driver.

I've done the coach several years running now - mainly because I can't bear the thought of waiting until the sunday to buy tickets. I go from Brighton and they are generally pretty early - 8 o'clock in the morning. Don't know if they are the same elsewhere though. 

I'm coming from London so it's easy for me to say but I really don't think it's so bad getting a later coach if it means the difference between going or not going. I reckon it's worth the sacrifice.

I used to get a lift from someone who lived near the site and would be there before gates opened. Now I don't even leave London until 8am so get there much later. I've changed camping spots but actually prefer my new one. And it means I know I'm going. The first time they did the early coach sale I didn't get one for me - just a mate - figuring I'd wait until Sunday. I was unlucky. I got one in the resale in the end but I'd never take that chance again.

Now missing out on a Wednesday and getting a Thursday is a different ball game. But I think I'd prefer that to not knowing until April if I was going or not. I dunno though.

Good luck :)

I think they are like every hour on the hour. Not sure what time they start but maybe 6am?

Good luck! Easy trip to the O2 for you :)

Cheers, yeh I just found it, first was 4am last year. Presumably the earliest ones will be most popular so I reckon I'll try for 10 or 11, nicely outside of rush hour!

did they go round the m25 or through central london?

Annoyingly they go through central London which takes about an hour. We've gone at rush hour though - 8 - so that wouldn't have helped. The drivers are required to stop for 45 minutes too. So we've got in about 1 to 2 PM on site for the past two years. Slower than national express but not too bad.

Be interested to know how you get on at that time. Bet there's not a lot in it.

Annoyingly they go through central London which takes about an hour. We've gone at rush hour though - 8 - so that wouldn't have helped. The drivers are required to stop for 45 minutes too. So we've got in about 1 to 2 PM on site for the past two years. Slower than national express but not too bad.

Be interested to know how you get on at that time. Bet there's not a lot in it.

Ugh I've done that journey through London many times.

I'm not fussed about getting on site early on the Wednesday really. Even arriving early evening wouldn't bother me. I think I might try for that camplight thing, if I get a coach ticket, everyone seems to rave about it

Ugh I've done that journey through London many times.

I'm not fussed about getting on site early on the Wednesday really. Even arriving early evening wouldn't bother me. I think I might try for that camplight thing, if I get a coach ticket, everyone seems to rave about it

My friends did it and raved about it. They were right at the top of Pennards just opposite the tipi field. Great location. Bit busy and noisy for me I think but they had no issues.

I don't think of it as glamping; it's quite a sensible way to reuse old tents and encourage people to take public transport. I'm too tight to pay for it though and like I say the location although amazingly central doesn't appeal. I couldn't sleep there.

My friends did it and raved about it. They were right at the top of Pennards just opposite the tipi field. Great location. Bit busy and noisy for me I think but they had no issues.

I don't think of it as glamping; it's quite a sensible way to reuse old tents and encourage people to take public transport. I'm too tight to pay for it though and like I say the location although amazingly central doesn't appeal. I couldn't sleep there.

Ah that's good, more positive reviews! The main reason I'm considering it is because my festival tent is now beyond repair, and camplight is just as cheap as buying a new tent so why not. Thankfully my hearing is so fucked I can sleep through anything!

I'm with Zoo Music Girl on this one - I have caught the coach a couple of times over the last couple of years & drove one year in between that. I used to arrive on site as gates opened but I can't see the benefit in that anymore. I have got coaches that have set off at 8am and arrived on site at 2pm, I have also arrived on site at around 6.30pm. I have changed camping spots for this and prefer the new camping spot over the old one.

Also heard rave reviews about Camplight - people enjoy the location, it's price and the fact they don't have to carry stuff everything across the site, just clothes and booze! Makes for light packing :)

Cheers, yeh I just found it, first was 4am last year. Presumably the earliest ones will be most popular so I reckon I'll try for 10 or 11, nicely outside of rush hour!

did they go round the m25 or through central london?

I have been the last 3 times on coach and we have always gone the m25 on the way out. Usually leave between 7-8am and haven't hit anything too serious (apart from the usual rush hour traffic) 

I have been the last 3 times on coach and we have always gone the m25 on the way out. Usually leave between 7-8am and haven't hit anything too serious (apart from the usual rush hour traffic) 

ah right, cheers. Must be just down to the driver then. It is a lot less miles driving through london so I'm surprised they arent all told to go that way really (though the constant stop-start probably eats it up)

Well twice we've gone through London rather than via m25 but yeah the drivers are a bit hit and miss. We had to direct ours on the way back as he had no idea where he was going! And the first of those went all the way through Bristol too for some reason.

Yeah Sheffield lady - I totally agree. If I get there too early I just get utterly spannered by lunch time and am ruined by Thursday! Heading out for the first wander by early evening on Wednesday seems to suit me better at my age and stamina!

I'm glad it wasn't just our coach driver who got lost - accept he got lost on the way to the festival and went to the shuttle bus site. Despite there being signs directing him towards the coach drop off. 

Exactly what I tend to do now - get there for a Wednesday evening wonder, watch the sunset and find some tasty food. Last time I went early doors on the Wednesday, I had to take a nap on the Thursday afternoon. I'm starting to feel a little older but no wiser! I keep telling myself I'm only 27.