dirty_dog

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Surely not headliners. They're no bigger than Slowdive.

I hope you're right. However I've just checked with the only yardstick I know, which is the venue they're playing in Manchester on their upcoming tour. They're playing Academy 1, all of last year's played the Albert Hall, which is less than half the capacity. But it's worth pointing out that isn't an exact science, Hot Chip and SFA sold it out very quickly, and Beck is doing the Albert Hall in June, he's definitely bigger than lush.

Shame, a decent headliner would have pulled me in. The undercard is pretty good, if Glastonbury didn't have Floating Points and Kamasi Washington I probably still would have gone. Bring on Sufjan, Joanna Newsom and Paul Simon for 2017!

I'm going to steward this year I think. There's a couple less acts than normal I'm looking forward to so hopefully won't miss too much, although I haven't done any research so am sure I'll uncover some more acts I'll like. 

Apparently the Far Out tent is getting a lot bigger this year which is good as it's been overflowing a lo these past couple years. 

Edited by Chawk

• 4 weeks later...

No Glasto luck despite trying everything, so our first Green Man this year - and taking my daughter to her first festival. She is 17, mildly autistic and visually impaired and very excited. It just seems to be a very inclusive festival which I hope will work for her.

As for the line up it looks pretty good to me, no massive acts but then they are rarely my thing. Battles, King Gizzard, Grandaddy, Edward Sharpe, Fat Whites (who I've  missed twice at Glastonbury) Kamasi, Keiran Leonard and Melyr Jones. Plenty to see and a wide selection of ales... What's not to like?

Reading this thread some people seem a little disappointed, I looked at a lot of alternatives and this seemed to be the best by far on balance.

6 hours ago, scrippit said:

No Glasto luck despite trying everything, so our first Green Man this year - and taking my daughter to her first festival. She is 17, mildly autistic and visually impaired and very excited. It just seems to be a very inclusive festival which I hope will work for her.

As for the line up it looks pretty good to me, no massive acts but then they are rarely my thing. Battles, King Gizzard, Grandaddy, Edward Sharpe, Fat Whites (who I've  missed twice at Glastonbury) Kamasi, Keiran Leonard and Melyr Jones. Plenty to see and a wide selection of ales... What's not to like?

Reading this thread some people seem a little disappointed, I looked at a lot of alternatives and this seemed to be the best by far on balance.

If this is your daughter's first fest, then I reckon Green Man is a much much better one than Glastonbury to test the waters and see how she likes it. Glastonbury is very full-on compared to Green Man, and bigger and easier to get lost in.

Looking at how the stages have split up and spread out, the line-up is actually really appealing to me now. I was unhappy with James Blake and Laura Marling to begin with, but both of them have turned me around recently, and I reckon they'll both be great headliners. I saw Laura supporting Neil Young on Friday and she nailed it, I'll be seeing James Blake as my Saturday night Glastonbury headliner, as his new album sounds streets ahead of his previous work to me. B&S don't know how to put on a bad show, but Granddaddy would seem to be the exciting choice for a lot of folks. Then there's some absolutely unbeatable runs of acts on some stages; Suuns > Flo Po > Kamasi on the Far Out Friday and Slow Club > Songhoy Blues > Julia Holter > Warpaint on Mountain Sunday are both pretty astounding. Then you've got gems like Beak>, Haiku Salut and Deep Throat Choir dotted around. Fat White Family, Blanck Mass and Charlotte Church are fantastic late night choices.

Ack, I really wish I was going this year now!

Hello,

Just recently bought my tickets for Greenman 2016.... yey!

Off with the better half and Son ( He's 3, and it's his first festival ). Hoping to camp in the family field.

Although could only get my hands on a Orange parking pass. This means we have to walk across the whole site, with our gear to get to family camping.

No Biggy if we have too.

But if there's anyone out there who's not bothered which car park they use. And would be willing to swap an Orange pass for Blue. It would really help us out.

Cheers Guys.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2016 at 6:48 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

If this is your daughter's first fest, then I reckon Green Man is a much much better one than Glastonbury to test the waters and see how she likes it. Glastonbury is very full-on compared to Green Man, and bigger and easier to get lost in.

Looking at how the stages have split up and spread out, the line-up is actually really appealing to me now. I was unhappy with James Blake and Laura Marling to begin with, but both of them have turned me around recently, and I reckon they'll both be great headliners. I saw Laura supporting Neil Young on Friday and she nailed it, I'll be seeing James Blake as my Saturday night Glastonbury headliner, as his new album sounds streets ahead of his previous work to me. B&S don't know how to put on a bad show, but Granddaddy would seem to be the exciting choice for a lot of folks. Then there's some absolutely unbeatable runs of acts on some stages; Suuns > Flo Po > Kamasi on the Far Out Friday and Slow Club > Songhoy Blues > Julia Holter > Warpaint on Mountain Sunday are both pretty astounding. Then you've got gems like Beak>, Haiku Salut and Deep Throat Choir dotted around. Fat White Family, Blanck Mass and Charlotte Church are fantastic late night choices.

Ack, I really wish I was going this year now!

Thanks for the recommendations and apologies for not responding sooner - having not missed a Glasto for some years, I had to avoid Efests over the last few weeks! Couldn't stand the constant reminders!

All in, Green Man sounds great and the organsers have been very accomodating in an effort to meet my daughters needs. Looking forward to it. D

On 6/28/2016 at 4:25 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Glastonbury made me really really fucking wish I was going to Green Man this year. Ghandi's Flip Flop confirmed to me that they'll be there, lovely fit for the festival.

Why did Glastonbury make you fancy Green Man more? Is it just the Ghandi's Flip Flop thing (reason enough for me), or was it something else too?

Just now, Dr Glasto said:

Why did Glastonbury make you fancy Green Man more? Is it just the Ghandi's Flip Flop thing (reason enough for me), or was it something else too?

Ghandi's flip flop is reason enough alone, this is true, but it was also amazing performances from James Blake and Kamasi Washington, along with having to miss so much that Green Man has like Charlotte Church, Floating Points, Meilyr Jones, White Denim and Beak>. Also forgetting to buy one of those candle powered boats... again!

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Ghandi's flip flop is reason enough alone, this is true, but it was also amazing performances from James Blake and Kamasi Washington, along with having to miss so much that Green Man has like Charlotte Church, Floating Points, Meilyr Jones, White Denim and Beak>. Also forgetting to buy one of those candle powered boats... again!

There's plenty of time for candle powered boats - the year they're not there is the year the festival ends!

Yeah I've got a renewed interest in Green Man now too, having had a fantastic Glastonbury in the end (very nearly didn't make it due to not being able to get tickets). Working the festival meant I missed a lot of the music so I'm hungry for more, although James Blake was indeed amazing (was lucky enough to be working just near West Holts when he was on). I've plumped for Latitude as my other festival, but now I'm getting greedy and Green Man is looking increasingly appealing! Need to find some pennies down the back of the sofa methinks.

And then there's Ghandi's Flip Flop, which I (shamefully) didn't actually make it to at Glastonbury this time...

2 minutes ago, Dr Glasto said:

There's plenty of time for candle powered boats - the year they're not there is the year the festival ends!

Yeah I've got a renewed interest in Green Man now too, having had a fantastic Glastonbury in the end (very nearly didn't make it due to not being able to get tickets). Working the festival meant I missed a lot of the music so I'm hungry for more, although James Blake was indeed amazing (was lucky enough to be working just near West Holts when he was on). I've plumped for Latitude as my other festival, but now I'm getting greedy and Green Man is looking increasingly appealing! Need to find some pennies down the back of the sofa methinks.

And then there's Ghandi's Flip Flop, which I (shamefully) didn't actually make it to at Glastonbury this time...

I've got Latitude and Blue Dot coming up so that's enough for me, but I still feel strongly that I should go to Green Man even though there's no way I can afford that. I'm pretty in love with the End Of The Road line-up as well. I wish I would win the lottery, then I could quit my job and live in a tent between various festivals until September.

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I've got Latitude and Blue Dot coming up so that's enough for me, but I still feel strongly that I should go to Green Man even though there's no way I can afford that. I'm pretty in love with the End Of The Road line-up as well. I wish I would win the lottery, then I could quit my job and live in a tent between various festivals until September.

Hehe, yeah I've dreamed of doing a whole summer of festivals since I was a nipper. One of these years I'll actually do it. A Lottery win would certainly help.

I'd work the festival if it wasn't for the fact I've got hardly any leave left. Pesky jobs getting in the way of summertime festival fun! 

• 2 weeks later...