Green Man Festival 2016

dirty_dog

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bear in mind that there's still one more headliner to announce- Wild Beasts are playing on Thursday, so I think it's a bit quick to judge it so soon as there's loads to come. 

Highlights for me-

Wild Beasts, UMO, White Denim, Floating Points, Cate Lebon, Fat White Family, Ezra Furman

Looking for a family friendly festival to take my five year old to after doing Glastonbury and Farr on my own...

Enough on the line up to keep me interested. What goes on outside of the main stages/after hours? We did Latitude as a family last year and liked the mix of smaller stages/areas with decent acts. 

1 hour ago, cdm22 said:

Ah, it didn't say Wild Beasts were the Thursday headliner. That makes more sense! Still hoping for PJ Harvey or Sigur Ros to make up for the other two. James Blake has played 3 or 4 times already and i have no interest at all in Belle & Sebastian.

Thursday - Wild Beasts! That's going to be quite a squash in the far out tent! I wish they'd put them on the main stage - still at least that means there's an opening for another decent headliner

58 minutes ago, OBface said:

Looking for a family friendly festival to take my five year old to after doing Glastonbury and Farr on my own...

Enough on the line up to keep me interested. What goes on outside of the main stages/after hours? We did Latitude as a family last year and liked the mix of smaller stages/areas with decent acts. 

Yes, Green Man has replaced Shambala for us as our family festival - it has a good kids field and an amazing science field that my kids spent a lot of time in. Its chilled out and doesnt suffer from a lot of youth ket action which is a massive plus for us. It does rain a lot though.

8 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Yes, Green Man has replaced Shambala for us as our family festival - it has a good kids field and an amazing science field that my kids spent a lot of time in. Its chilled out and doesnt suffer from a lot of youth ket action which is a massive plus for us. It does rain a lot though.

See Shambala is very local for us so is an option... What made you switch to Green Man?

The aforementioned kids on ket was getting a bit too much for us at Shambala. That whole Secret Garden Party vibe. A shame really as I love the Green area and the enchanted woods are really special and miss them at Green Man. Plus we have a 12 year old now and although he liked the woodland climbing section at Shambala he also wants to see some 'proper' bands.

At Green Man because of the terracing at the Mountain Stage you can sit and watch bands of an afternoon with the children - it makes a massive difference. 

Plus there's more space in the family camping field as opposed to Shambala. Green Man is a lot more difficult to get to though.

Both are good but very different.

1 hour ago, glastobuds said:

Thursday - Wild Beasts! That's going to be quite a squash in the far out tent! I wish they'd put them on the main stage - still at least that means there's an opening for another decent headliner

You never know they might change it and have them on the main stage.This is the first time they've billed the Thursday act as an out and out headliner after all.

Edited by Chawk

2 hours ago, Chawk said:

Someone on the official GM forum asked about PJ Harvey and the response was:

' We tried very hard but she's not extending her tour beyond the dates she's announced :( x '

Rules her out of EotR as well, a lot of hopes were pinned on her on their board.