Early Finish

flannel

Why did the dance tents shutdown so early on Sat? I'd just seen the last but one band on Philosophers and was just about to get my rave head on when all the tents shut and I had to watch the last act on the main stage and make do with the ghetto blaster at the fire.  Seems a bit odd - surely there can't be any neighbour issues with noise as it's in the middle of nowhere.  Also bit peeved that I missed Ratpack.

Anyway, first time there and will be making it a regular fixture - it makes a great end to the festival year and as a really good vibe.

Not sure, shut at 1am on the Saturday too plus they had power issues on the Sunday it seems.

It was an ok festival, to be honest I had no intention of going back as I believe it is very overpriced at £90 plus the extra for Thursday if you want.

Compare to other £90-100 festivals, and you get a lot more value than you do at Alchemy.

I was lucky to get offered a free ticket very late, and although I did have a great time, I just feel there wasn't enough to keep me occupied at times.

Also I don't like the new site/layout, it was too square and just felt like a long field instead of having any character like the old site with the woods etc.

Probably won't go next year, will see what's on the line up first for sure. Also they really need to improve the toilets, a lot of them had broken doors, no lock, filthy etc.... for £100 I would prefer them to bring back the normal portaloos as they go to the effort of having composting loos, yet have no sawdust for people to use when they go in!