Rugby World Cup 2015

zero000

Yes it was a poor line out from Scotland but equally a very poor decision from the referee- should never have been a penalty to kick- scrum at worst.  Yes I know that in theory you shouldn't use TMO for these kind of decision but for such a critical point of a match.

I think its important to make judgement from an emotional perspective.  While I support the existence of the TMO, I think as time have gone on the referees have used them as a safety blanket for decisions that they should be able to make themselves.

I personally think increasing their scope would be detrimental for the game with referees referring everything in fear of getting things wrong.  When it comes to penalties the officials will sometimes be wrong, sometimes it works in your favour and sometimes it doesnt.  It sucks when the mistakes happen at crucial times, but I think theres a little overreaction going on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Yup. I'm no fan of rugby, but he's about the only non-UK based player I've become aware of, and he looked a monster on the field in the few matches I've watched.

10 hours ago, The Nal said:

Very sad about Jonah Lomu. RIP.

Yeah, the first global superstar, probably only Jonny Wilkinson and Dan Carter who've got to that level of non-rugby stardom.  

An absolute monster of a man on the field, witness not bothering to run around Mike Catt in '95 and running straight over him instead.

Aside from that, he always came across as a thoroughly decent bloke too. 

In this current age of increasingly soulless rugby (at least in England, with the money grabbing, pay for success clubs like Saracens and Bath) he's a massive loss.  RIP Big Man