Bestival 2016 Headliners?

jackarmy

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, Bestival's headliners are always pretty unpredictable: The Cure, Stevie Wonder, Elton John, Chic (again), and Missy Elliot were all completely out of the blue!

that's true, although unfortunately the first three you mentioned were all fantastic surprises, but the latter two were both pretty disappointing. hoping they can bring it back to the glory days in 2016 and stop making what are clearly last minute headliner bookings

that's true, although unfortunately the first three you mentioned were all fantastic surprises, but the latter two were both pretty disappointing. hoping they can bring it back to the glory days in 2016 and stop making what are clearly last minute headliner bookings

Aye, I do wonder if more money is being spent on other areas of the site. The Port can't be a cheap operation to run. The Thursday night headliners have also been getting bigger the last 2 years...

There was a distinct lack of good bands across the lower part of the line up this year. Especially compared to 2011 which was probably my favourite line up to date across the whole weekend. That being said, more chill and explore time isn't exactly a bad thing, but I found there weren't enough things for me to bother getting up for sometimes

There was a distinct lack of good bands across the lower part of the line up this year. Especially compared to 2011 which was probably my favourite line up to date across the whole weekend. That being said, more chill and explore time isn't exactly a bad thing, but I found there weren't enough things for me to bother getting up for sometimes

yeah i definitely found this. in fact, the earliest act i ever wanted to see was about 4pm (and even then, it was a casual interest rather than a must see). worked out in my favour in the end as i found it hard to get up early most of the time, but after going to Glastonbury where there are must sees from 11am it definitely seemed to be lacking

Aye, I do wonder if more money is being spent on other areas of the site. The Port can't be a cheap operation to run. The Thursday night headliners have also been getting bigger the last 2 years...

well RDB (for some reason) apparently threw a lot of money at Missy Elliot to get her to play, so the money's definitely still there for headliners - it's just being thrown at the wrong acts it seems

Oh come on, Missy was fucking brilliant.  And her first UK show in five (not six) years.  And I saw that last show, five years ago, and it was disastrous.

granted i only caught the second half of it because i decided watching all of Todd Terje's set would be the better choice, but what i saw was just awful - she spent more of the set that i saw talking and throwing out Reebok trainers than she did doing any actual songs. as a mid-day act she would've been a fantastic booking, but as a headliner, not a chance. she couldn't even fill her hour and fifteen minutes