Bestival 2016 Headliners?

jackarmy

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

I'm thinking someone yet to announce any Summer dates. 

Will Smith, The xx or Gorillaz.

They do seem to have a recent thing for hip hop headliners so I'd go with Will Smith.

man i'd hate if they got Will Smith and i wasn't there! i'm not sure how likely he really is, but am struggling to think of another hip hop headliner who it could realistically be

I like the line-up a lot. Looks like I will continue my completely accidental pattern of go two years in a row, skip two years; go two years in a row, skip two years; go two years in a row. Presumably I'll then be back in 2019.

Edited by Homer

In fact, this is what we know about day and stage splits so far:

MAIN STAGE
Friday: Major Lazer
Saturday: The Cure, Ride, Wolf Alice
Sunday: headliner TBC, Years and Years
unknown day: Caravan Palace, Craig David's TS5

BIG TOP
Thursday: Hot Chip
unknown day: Richie Hawtin

On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 0:41 AM, LondonTom said:

Its orite I guess, apart from the Cure, nothing to exciting. A shame, but think i need a bit more to make the trip, I really wanna go again but at £200 and the effort to get there, I've got to get value on acts I like.

For me: Animal Collective, Bicep, Camo & Krooked, Damian Marley, Eats Everything, Kitty Daisy & Lewis, Kurupt FM, London Elektricity, Shy FX, Skream, The Human League, Wolf Alice, The Cure, Hot Chip. Which isn't bad but it needs a bit more

Also I am struggling with the idea of Major Lazer being a headliner, I just don't get them live. Its a novelty afternoon act and I wouldn't have really thought them big enough.

Not enough for me either.

Hot Chip is the highlight for me but being on the Thursday night there is literally zero point in even attempting to get near the Big Top.

Think I'm going to stick with Glasto this year.

The Big Top was fine for Underworld last year. It was alright to work your way in and then thinned out as their set went on. I imagine Hot Chip will be slightly be more popular but wont get the sort of crowd Jamie XX did, for example. 

The Cure, Hot Chip, AnCo, Ghostpoet, Human League, Jagwar Ma, Ride, Skepta, Wolf Alice is a good start for me. Hoping Massive Attack are the final headliner but not holding out much hope. Guessing they wont have two (technically three) repeat headliners in the same year.