Glastonbury 2016 camper vans

onzlo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, it does unfortunately.

I emailed the guy in charge of ticketing to ask if CV tickets would be available in April, and he said "My strong belief is that all campervan passes will be sold before April".

That's a shame. I can agree with names on the ticket if that's the best way to stop touts, but the timing acts against those who are waiting for the resales. I hope they rejig the timing for next year.

That's a shame. I can agree with names on the ticket if that's the best way to stop touts, but the timing acts against those who are waiting for the resales. I hope they rejig the timing for next year.

I can't say I'm mad keen on them all being sold early, but it does make the most logical sense to do them all early, I think.

Its not a complete loss, if you don't get a ticket this month, there were some campervan passes available in the secret resales, don't know how many but they came up for sale at least twice. The odds aren't great i must admit, but there is still a chance.

I agree that this looks bleak and it was a big concern for me, really wanted to get the tickets on Sunday so that will also be able to get the van pass sometime this month, if they hadn't of changed the process for the van passes i wouldn't have been quite so concerned. Watched the secret resales this year for the first time and managed to access each one, so was pretty confident about getting a ticket then if required. 

Hopefully the lack of any possibility of reselling the campervan passes or folks buying additional ones for friends who may want to go will reduce the overall demand as it seems that by time the festival came around there were very few people who didnt manage to get a pass either through the exchange system on here or from ebay - hopefully this suggests that real supply capacity and demand are quite closely matched.

In a few weeks i guess we will know! :)

but it does make the most logical sense to do them all early, I think.

How so, I can't see that?  With the purchase being in April previously, they've all been supplied in time, with availability both for October and April buyers. Yes, they've gone quickly and people latched on to East just to get one and then hope to swap it, but at least they had a better chance than now. I'm focussing on a wider availability to all the purchasers rather than those who just get tickets in October.

Following this with interest, and any updates on the official site. We weren't lucky in getting tickets, I'm not worried as I'm confident for the resale (she says!) but it'll be interesting to see how this new system plays out, will there be any left over for the resale or not? I hope so.

Following this with interest, and any updates on the official site. We weren't lucky in getting tickets, I'm not worried as I'm confident for the resale (she says!) but it'll be interesting to see how this new system plays out, will there be any left over for the resale or not? I hope so.

there might be a handful, but I'd say your chances of getting one will be minimal.

Don't forget that they'll be plenty of people who've already got tickets who won't get the campervan pass they're wanting in as few weeks, so will also be trying in April.

Edited by eFestivals

Any thoughts on roughly when the tickets will become available, other than late-October as per the website, or is this a new date and system compared to last year for Worthy View Camping? Thanks.

there might be a handful, but I'd say your chances of getting one will be minimal.

Don't forget that they'll be plenty of people who've already got tickets who won't get the campervan pass they're wanting in as few weeks, so will also be trying in April.

Do you think the CV tickets will be a bit like the main sale then, hard to get and gone in 30 minutes? I know they sold quickly last year but I was able to login at 9ish and buy one with minimal fuss. I was assuming that although many are aware they will go on sale sooner this year, many will not be and if anything it might be easier?

There seemed to be so many people last year who were still oblivious they had been and gone weeks after the sale finished.

Why do I get the horrible thought that by doing this they'll "encourage" people getting tickets in the resale to buy coach tickets too?

Large coach ticket resale followed by smaller normal resale (where you're going to have to camp as there will be little/no chance of getting a CV ticket) - and they'll use the excuse that the CV is over-subscribed so coach is the way to go.....

Could this be the start of coach only resale in April?

My concern with the CV ticket sales is the confusion over the idea that they are linked to the "lead booker".

In last years general sale I was the lead booker for our GA tickets - this was for my own party and that of a colleague, so both needed tickets for the campervan fields. When the CV tix went on sale we were able to buy them in our own right and travel independently. This year I am again the lead booker for both groups but now all the talk is about CV tickets being linked to the lead booker, does this mean that I will have to buy two CV tickets and both parties travel down together, or will my colleague be able to buy her own CV tickets again as she did last year?

I'm guessing that there will be more clarification when they release details of the CV tickets sale.

Edited by Pear_Cider

My concern with the CV ticket sales is the confusion over the idea that they are linked to the "lead booker".

In last years general sale I was the lead booker for our GA tickets - this was for my own party and that of a colleague, so both needed tickets for the campervan fields. When the CV tix went on sale we were able to buy them in our own right and travel independently. This year I am again the lead booker for both groups but now all the talk is about CV tickets being linked to the lead booker, does this mean that I will have to buy two CV tickets and both parties travel down together, or will my colleague be able to buy her own CV tickets again as she did last year?

I'm guessing that there will be more clarification when they release details of the CV tickets sale.

I'm thinking the 1 person who buys 2 or more tickets will need to be in that convoy to get everyone in, BUT alternatively, you should each be able to buy 1 ticket each (and therefore be the lead booker of your own ticket) and arrive separately.

I'm thinking the 1 person who buys 2 or more tickets will need to be in that convoy to get everyone in, BUT alternatively, you should each be able to buy 1 ticket each (and therefore be the lead booker of your own ticket) and arrive separately.

Thanks Carlos...I hope you're right :D

So the lead booker is the lead booker for each CV pass and not the lead booker in the general sale last Sunday.