• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Primavera Porto is amazing. 

Brilliant city too. 

PJ Harvey could play there but would predict her for here or Greenman. 

'Field Day are honoured to announce PJ Harvey for a London exclusive in 2016 on Sunday the 12th June'

Doesn't say festival exclusive 

Edited by Nick07

2 hours ago, lamstonite said:

Do bands at green man normally not do end of the road then?

Be gutted if that's case as it would mean we're missing out on batttles Julia holter and floating points

yes those are the three that i would have liked to be at eotr. not too fussed with green man,s anouncement. saying that i would have been happy with james blake. 

On Monday, January 11, 2016 at 9:03 AM, lamstonite said:

Thinking of bands with something to promote, Animal Collective have a new album out soon. Deerhunter have a new album out. Would love to see Battles and PJ Harvey too.

Oh, and Radiohead have a new album out soon too...

i reckon the headliners will be three out of beck, super furry animals, the national, john grant, band of horses and animal collective

i reckon mercury rev, bob mould and father john misty will play. 

I dunno. It seems right that he'd headline but he's been seemingly under-billed at festivals for ages. Even this summer he's not top, maybe not even second top of the bill at Field Day while easily selling out RAH the week after. Hard to place but surely he'll be there one way or another.

Some mainland Europe festivals have made small announcements but not many EOTR type acts that I can see. M83, Lush, Thee Oh Sees, Daughter and Beach Slang around, and also Sigur Ros who I wouldn't expect to be back so soon. M83 might be an option for a headline slot but I dunno if they suit so I'll let someone else rule on that.

Reckon the headliners will be three out of beck, super furry animals, the national, john grant, band of horses and animal collective - not sure on some of them - Furries headlined Greenman last year. Beck would be a major coup as would The National. The other three are possible. 

i reckon mercury rev, bob mould and father john misty will play - good call on these ones. 

Not John Grant, not PJ (based on things I've heard). I can think of many, many bands the headliners could be, but am giving up pinning my colours to any mast. 

I will take any of the artists mentioned in the last 5 or 6 posts. Announcement will be in the next few days, so not long to wait now.

From a "lesser" artists perspective, I would love to see Shearwater return and I've been very much getting into Daniel Romano recently. He'd fit in brilliantly.