2016 Wishlist

Nick07

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We've definitely still got the contest winners to be announced.

And following their announcement that the comedy line-up is coming this week, they Tweeted:

" For now, here's a reminder of our music cast as it stands, who's on your 'must-see' list?!"

I'm inclined to believe that Ezra Furman will be playing. I'm seeing him in Ramsgate on the Bank Holiday Monday, so he's over for a festival or two.

Nope, not for me. I went to Knightmare Live when it was on a couple of years ago and it was quite, quite brilliant. So I'll be trying to hit that up again. But it's after hours, once all the music (with the exception of late night Tipi sets) has stopped. During the day, I've rarely got time to think about anything other than the tunes.

That said, it's a pretty solid looking line-up this year, but I still don't think I'll make it down that way.

11 hours ago, paulwa said:

The Comedy Stage. Does anyone here bother or even care? I can't say I've ever made it down there, there's too much good music and real ale to check out.

It's really nice atmospherewise and a great place to chill with a hangover. I enjoyed it when I went and will probably hit up again, it's just really pleasant to sit among the trees like that.

A place to nurse a hangover... I like your thinking! I wasn't even aware that the comedy went on late into the evening, I had thought it stopped fairly early. I wonder if it's somewhere to go while the Woods Stage headliners are on, before the last Big Top gig of the night? I usually head for a hot cider and campfire then though.

Edited by paulwa

Always try and get down to the comedy stage for Robin Ince and his book club on a saturday night...Also saw Tony Law the other year, who was quite amusing.

Who remembers this from the comedy stage late night last year....

I've been checking out Jeffrey Lewis. His album "12 Crass Songs" was a major discovery. Crass were a band I loved as a youth and hearing their protest lyrics reworked into folk songs only made them seem yet more eloquent and powerful. Although it's one of his older albums, the fading anarcho-punk in me is hoping he plays something from it at EOTR.

On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 9:06 AM, gigs said:

Always try and get down to the comedy stage for Robin Ince and his book club on a saturday night...Also saw Tony Law the other year, who was quite amusing.

That was superb last year.  It was so unexpected and the way she ambled down to the stage giggling, it looked as if it was going to be a disaster, but as you can see she pulled it superbly. 

On 20/04/2016 at 8:29 AM, shoebox said:

I'm inclined to believe that Ezra Furman will be playing. I'm seeing him in Ramsgate on the Bank Holiday Monday, so he's over for a festival or two.

Probably a good chance of this, he's playing at Beautiful Days a couple of week before EOTR.

On 22/04/2016 at 9:06 AM, gigs said:

Oh yes

And considering how p***** she was she pulled it off [oh, don't] remarkably well I though

10 minutes ago, Nick07 said:

Some clue says SUPER excited and guesses welcome.

Super Furries be ideal for it but got a massive fee for playing Greenman so who knows. 

Seems unlikely considering they will be at Festival Number Six and Electric Picnic for two of the festival's days. Would be an almost perfect act to put on before Animal Collective though! What are Superchuk up to these days? I can't think of any other SUPER bands that would fit End of the Road off the top of my head...  

9 minutes ago, teamcampesinos! said:

Seems unlikely considering they will be at Festival Number Six and Electric Picnic for two of the festival's days. Would be an almost perfect act to put on before Animal Collective though! What are Superchuk up to these days? I can't think of any other SUPER bands that would fit End of the Road off the top of my head...  

Surely means they can make it tho 

2 hours ago, domjon said:

The National? 

Not a chance. Already headlining Latitude, which is much bigger. No way they'd sub at a smaller festival.

I also think that even if SFAs hadn't played before, they'd be headlining, so no chance of them.

No idea who it could be.