Nick07

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, lamstonite said:

Really worrying about clashes - every band that I've checked out from the lineup is stonking!

Except Field Music. Sorry Field Music

Saw Field Music at Band on the Wall in Manchester earlier this year and thought they were fantastic - horses for courses!

Also saw Basia Bulat recently at the Soup Kitchen. Didn't expect much having listened to a bit of her stuff and wasn't impressed at the start of the gig as her style felt too big for the venue, but thought she shrunk into the venue quite nicely as the gig progressed.

Love that latest Basia Bulat album. She was a new name to me when she was announced and has gone right up there in my "must see" list.

The latest Field Music didn't grab me, felt too long and one-dimensional. Started off well, but became tiresome after a bit. Might still see them, depending on clashes, but others are likely to trump them when it comes down to it.

I don't think so. They haven't played in the UK for 4 years and their stock massively dropped with Port Of Morrow.

Even at the height of their popularity, they never seemed to get the big shows over here. I saw them headline an ATP, but am not sure what the biggest show they played on their own was.

CONFIRMED! And as a Woods Stage headliner, so I'm guessing that Bat For Lashes will be "downgraded" to the Garden Stage (not that it's really a downgrade).

Faris Badwan and Rachel Zeffira's Cat's Eyes project, Lucy Dacus, BC Camplight, The Blind Shake, Feels, LionLimb, Pinegrove, The Leaf Library, FEWS, Baywaves, Futur Primitif, and Julia Jacklin have all also been confirmed today.

Actually, according to Facebook:

It's with a lot of excitement we can officially confirm The Shins will play their first UK show in over four years and their only UK festival in 2016, right here topping our Thursday night bill at End Of The Road Festival 2016. We've also added The Horrors Faris Badwan and Rachel Zeffira’s orchestral pop side project CAT'S EYES, alongside Lucy Dacus, BC Camplight, The Blind Shake, Futur Primitif, Feels, Julia Jacklin, Lionlimb,Pinegrove, FEWS, Baywaves, and The Leaf Library. Find your tickets athttp:///1IgEh9m and we'll see you in September!!

THURSDAY NIGHT BILL! 

Thursday night....interesting. Okay for me as we arrive Thursday lunchtime, but that is not going to go down well. Am I right in thinking this year clashes with the first week back at school which will affect those conscientious parents that bring their kids and would reduce Thursday attendance anyway? Just put them [Shins] on in the Tipi!

Schools go back the following week, so the problem for parents is staying until the Monday morning.

Thursdays at End of the Road are definitely getting busier and busier, so I don't think it will be a MASSIVE issue with them having a decent bill on that night. But the crowd may seem a little light against the Woods Stage. The Shins in the Tipi would be carnage.

The Shins announcement is fantastic news, and they'll be on the Woods Stage according to the Twitter announcement. I guess they must have someone on before them to warm the crowd up, but will EOTR still use the Tipi Tent as well? I would think so if they expect greater numbers to be onsite on Thursday this year. It'll also be my birthday so I'll be one happy (older, drunken) chappy!

It also makes me wonder if they'll open the doors to campers earlier on Thursday. It was traditionally 3pm but if they want to get the crowds in smoothly, surely it'll have to open much earlier.

I'm not sure you'd want to be a Sunday headliner now though.

Edited by paulwa

New to the EOTR scene and never been. The previous 6 years we've been to Glastonbury but missed out this year and choose EOTR because of the good feedback and reports I've had on the festival and it falls in right with my rest of year timings:) Looking forward to it as I here it has the Avalon/ park feel from Glastonbury to it. I've looked briefly over the line up and looking forward to Animal Collective, was going to see them in 2009 at Glasto but missed them, also Bat for Lashes who I saw support Radiohead in London Finsbury park years ago. Looking forward to  Savages as well. There are some really good undercard acts as well but will have to listen some more on Spotify. haven't heard any Shins music either!

Any recommendations are welcome :)

34 minutes ago, ghandi said:

New to the EOTR scene and never been. The previous 6 years we've been to Glastonbury but missed out this year and choose EOTR because of the good feedback and reports I've had on the festival and it falls in right with my rest of year timings:) Looking forward to it as I here it has the Avalon/ park feel from Glastonbury to it. I've looked briefly over the line up and looking forward to Animal Collective, was going to see them in 2009 at Glasto but missed them, also Bat for Lashes who I saw support Radiohead in London Finsbury park years ago. Looking forward to  Savages as well. There are some really good undercard acts as well but will have to listen some more on Spotify. haven't heard any Shins music either!

Any recommendations are welcome :)

im sure you will love it. its a pretty special place. . a few bands from me if you have not already heard.

broken social scene, phosphorecent,  m ward, sam beam & jesca hoop, teenage fanclub, goat, cat power, omar souleyman ,U.S girls 

U.

18 hours ago, shoebox said:

The latest Field Music didn't grab me, felt too long and one-dimensional. Started off well, but became tiresome after a bit. Might still see them, depending on clashes, but others are likely to trump them when it comes down to it.

Totally agree about the new Field Music, I love the first two songs but usually lose interest about halfway through. The new funk-influenced style is fun for a few tracks but gets tiresome quickly. Not really a patch on their debut or Tones of Town (or the Week That Was side project), which were some of my favourite albums of the mid noughties.