Nick07

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, wolfamongwolves said:

would really love broken social scene to headline garden stage. do a full set. and not sub woods stage and be given less time. savages maybe a bit too big for big top now. 

All Garden Stage headliners and Wood Stage subs got the same time last year (75 minutes). :) 

Edited by teamcampesinos!

Re. Savages being too big for the Big Top, I think I could see a more natural fit as a Woods Stage sub somehow, but the Garden Stage would be mental - all that dark brooding intensity set amidst trees and peacocks. It's a difficult one, because with the noise and power of their sound they could easily blow away any headliner that followed them. That's why I'd personally put them on last and indoors.

Hi guys,

I'm considering attending End of The Road for the first time this year. I'll most likely be going on my own and just wondered what the general atmosphere was like as I am considering getting a ticket in the next week or so. From what I've read online it seems like an amazing, small festival with a beautiful atmosphere but I was just wondering if this is the case? Previous festivals I've attended are Glastonbury, Latitude, Secret Garden Party, Bestival and Boomtown. Does EOTR have an similarities to any of these at all? 

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, rhg_99 said:

Hi guys,

I'm considering attending End of The Road for the first time this year. I'll most likely be going on my own and just wondered what the general atmosphere was like as I am considering getting a ticket in the next week or so. From what I've read online it seems like an amazing, small festival with a beautiful atmosphere but I was just wondering if this is the case? Previous festivals I've attended are Glastonbury, Latitude, Secret Garden Party, Bestival and Boomtown. Does EOTR have an similarities to any of these at all? 

Thanks in advance!

Definitely an amazing little festival with a beautiful atmosphere. I haven't been to Secret Garden Party, Bestival and Boomtown but - from what I do know - it certainly lacks the mayhem of those festivals. Instead the atmosphere probably verges more upon the gentile but I've been beyond intoxication more than once there without struggling to find something to do. Unsurprisingly, it's far more comparable to a more charming, authentic Latitude and the Park / Avalon areas of Glastonbury. If those appeal to you at all - I'd definitely recommend it. It has a reputation as a music lover's festival for all the right reasons. Though I haven't been on my own, you should have no trouble on that front - the crowd is diverse and beyond friendly with many a person to happily chat to.

41 minutes ago, teamcampesinos! said:

Definitely an amazing little festival with a beautiful atmosphere. I haven't been to Secret Garden Party, Bestival and Boomtown but - from what I do know - it certainly lacks the mayhem of those festivals. Instead the atmosphere probably verges more upon the gentile but I've been beyond intoxication more than once there without struggling to find something to do. Unsurprisingly, it's far more comparable to a more charming, authentic Latitude and the Park / Avalon areas of Glastonbury. If those appeal to you at all - I'd definitely recommend it. It has a reputation as a music lover's festival for all the right reasons. Though I haven't been on my own, you should have no trouble on that front - the crowd is diverse and beyond friendly with many a person to happily chat to.

That sounds perfect, fits in exactly with the impression I've got before. Whilst I do love the craziness of Boomtown etc I much prefer being able to relax and properly take in the festival and the music. Last year was my first Glastonbury and out of all the areas that I spent a significant amount of time in the Park was easily my favourite area! I hope the crowd are as friendly as you imply too if I do go alone! 

The line up has always amazed me for the last few years so I'm pretty sure I will get myself a ticket for this  year :) 

Thanks for the reply!

12 hours ago, rhg_99 said:

That sounds perfect, fits in exactly with the impression I've got before. Whilst I do love the craziness of Boomtown etc I much prefer being able to relax and properly take in the festival and the music. Last year was my first Glastonbury and out of all the areas that I spent a significant amount of time in the Park was easily my favourite area! I hope the crowd are as friendly as you imply too if I do go alone! 

The line up has always amazed me for the last few years so I'm pretty sure I will get myself a ticket for this  year :) 

Thanks for the reply!

Yep, echo everything that campesinos has said. I've been on my own (as well as going as a couple and in larger groups) and I would not hesitate to go solo again. I made several lifelong friends without trying! EVERYONE is so friendly, atmosphere is very relaxed and generally respectful to the musicians. It is quite simply the best place I have ever been. 

16 minutes ago, Fareham Grecian said:

Yep, echo everything that campesinos has said. I've been on my own (as well as going as a couple and in larger groups) and I would not hesitate to go solo again. I made several lifelong friends without trying! EVERYONE is so friendly, atmosphere is very relaxed and generally respectful to the musicians. It is quite simply the best place I have ever been. 

wow high praise indeed!! Good to know that you had a great time going solo as ive never actually done a weekend festival on my own. Will have to get myself a ticket soon!

rhg_99, here's a flavour of the festival:  EOTR picture grid

It really is a highlight of every year, both musically (generally speaking, folk and Americana by day, indie rock by night) and as a time to get away from it all. Certain aspects of it are simply magic and while the bands may change, the magic ingredients seem to persist undiminished.

Edited by paulwa

4 hours ago, paulwa said:

rhg_99, here's a flavour of the festival:  EOTR picture grid

It really is a highlight of every year, both musically (generally speaking, folk and Americana by day, indie rock by night) and as a time to get away from it all. Certain aspects of it are simply magic and while the bands may change, the magic ingredients seem to persist undiminished.

Awesome thank you! sounds ideal :)

I didn't think it was all that friendly last year to be honest.

Don't get me wrong, I had an amazing time and did meet and chat with some pretty sound randoms, but around the campsite my "hello's" and smiles were mainly met with sudden looks to the floor or the distant horizon.

Even around the campfire I found people kept to themselves and their group.

Please don't let that put you off, it is an amazing festival and I never once felt uncomfortable, and I'm counting the sleeps before I can go again. But I think I expected more people to smile back.

Perhaps I need to work on my smile. Or brush my teeth more?

1 hour ago, lamstonite said:

Haha!

What does everyone else think? 

Do you try to keep yourself to yourself or are you happy for irritating people like me to try and start a conversation?

I'm a miserable sod but happy for you to talk to my wife and son so I don't have to!

On 06/04/2016 at 1:37 PM, lamstonite said:

Haha!

What does everyone else think? 

Do you try to keep yourself to yourself or are you happy for irritating people like me to try and start a conversation?

i also do the 'irritating' thing - it's the cider (in my case)

back on thread - The Jayhawks for Moseley - please, please, please EOTR - one of my all time faves, I'd love to be singing "I was waiting for the sun" aforementioned cider to the sky!