New Order

Zoo Music Girl

2 minutes ago, davidd said:

I would shed tears if they played Ceremony, an unbelievable tune with so much emotion , i've not seen them play for years and that would be the cherry on the fucking cake. 

I would be shocked if they did not play it mate. They generally play it all the time and I was a little surprised they did not play it Saturday.

4 hours ago, blue6field said:

Is Crystal not a given in the set list?

3 hours ago, eastynh said:

They will definitely play Crystal.

will they though? it's a bit of the rockier New Order that Hooky gave an edge too, seems like Sumner likes the Frutti Tutti sound...hard to see/watch Crystal without him up front on bass...would be a shame if they've been dropping it from sets. where's it been showing up on this tour? i think i saw it 4 or 5 songs in at times?

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

will they though? it's a bit of the rockier New Order that Hooky gave an edge too, seems like Sumner likes the Frutti Tutti sound...hard to see/watch Crystal without him up front on bass...would be a shame if they've been dropping it from sets. where's it been showing up on this tour? i think i saw it 4 or 5 songs in at times?

I have seen them 3 times so far on this tour mate and they have played it every time. In fact I can not think of a single time they have not played it, when I have seen them, since they released it.

In regards to Hooky, he is always going to be the big dark cloud hanging over them. To be fair to Tom Chapman, I thought he was fantastic on Saturday and he is really coming into his own. He is never going to fill Hooky's shoes, but he is an accomplished and talented bassist. 

That said, some of the sets Hooky has been playing look absolutely mouth watering.

5 hours ago, Alan_C said:

I hope not. As much as I like Crystal, Your Silent Face is one of my favourite New Order songs, and it seems to be a live staple, so I would be gutted to see it dropped. Crystal is also one of their more modern day songs, so it would be nice for them to keep some older songs in there.

Yeah fair point. If I was choosing the setlist it would probably consist 2/3 of Brotherhood and Low Life (Why I'm so grateful for Hooky's solo tours!) 

I think the setlist is mostly perfect towards a festival crowd. I would just love to see them play Age Of Constent, The Village, Mr.Disco, Vanishing Point and Dream Attack.

56 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I think the setlist is mostly perfect towards a festival crowd. I would just love to see them play Age Of Constent, The Village, Mr.Disco, Vanishing Point and Dream Attack, Finetime, Confusion, Shellshock, 586, State Of The Nation, 1963, Touch By The Hand of God, World, Spooky, Love Vigilantes, Thieves Like Us and Run

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

:wub: YES MATE. I was just being slightly picky.

I would tell a very bad joke about Geordies and being picky, but I am now a reborn politically correct dimwit and I would not want to offend myself :-)

Edited by eastynh

14 hours ago, eastynh said:

I would be shocked if they did not play it mate. They generally play it all the time and I was a little surprised they did not play it Saturday.

Superb. 

I've not seen them for years mate, were my favourite band of the '80's to around early  2000's and kind of just drifted off them really. The new album really rekindled it for me and have been delving back into emotionally difficult to listen to albums and have really got my mojo back for them.

Have so many memories of seeing them back then with departed friends and it will be wonderful to see them on form again. 

It's fair to say I'll be a w⚓️nkered mess by the end of the set.

Edited by davidd

16 hours ago, eastynh said:

For me a realistic set list would be

Singularity

Ceremony

Regret

Restless

Your Silent Face

Tutti Frutti

POTHL

Crystal

Bizarre Love Triangle

Plastic

Waiting For the Sirens Call

The Perfect kiss

True Faith

Temptation

Blue Monday

Love Will Tear Us Apart

yeah this is very close to what we'll get at glasto

tho I think we'll be very lucky to hear regret and ceremony :(

swap one out for superheated unfortunately and I think its there

1 hour ago, davidd said:

Superb. 

I've not seen them for years mate, were my favourite band of the '80's to around early  2000's and kind of just drifted off them really. The new album really rekindled it for me and have been delving back into emotionally difficult to listen to albums and have really got my mojo back for them.

Have so many memories of seeing them back then with departed friends and it will be wonderful to see them on form again. 

It's fair to say I'll be a w⚓️nkered mess by the end of the set.

Fair play fella. I will be somewhere around the field in a similar state :-)

7 minutes ago, Gacheezbo said:

Only started listening to New Order this year, absolutely love them, particularly Ceremony. But is there a reason they don't seem to play Age Of Consent?

They play it quite often mate. I deffo seen them do it last year and it has been a staple over the years. Don't really expect it at Glasto but if they tour again later in the year I am sure it will pop up.

2 minutes ago, northernbro said:

yeah this is very close to what we'll get at glasto

tho I think we'll be very lucky to hear regret and ceremony :(

swap one out for superheated unfortunately and I think its there

I will be shocked if we don't get both. It is alright them playing 7 new tunes at their own gig. Not sure they would get away with it at Glasto.

Really can't see Superheated getting a play. I think they will finish with LWTUA. If you listen to their Bestival set, Barney says something along the lines of its the only tune to finish a festival with.

Superheated is a good bubblegum pop song but it just sounded so shite and throw away after Blue Monday and LWTUA. 

I just hope they don't play the set they did at RAH as it will be a real anti climax.

• 2 weeks later...

Power, Corruption & Lies and Technique are my favourite two albums, but they won't play many off them so if you're trying to get familiar with their songs for Glastonbury, you won't get much from them. Great albums though.

On 4/29/2016 at 6:38 PM, eastynh said:

Can't see Atmosphere really, just not enough time to fit it in. I reckon they will finish with LWTUA. 

On 4/29/2016 at 7:05 PM, crocodiles said:

True atmosphere can't be rushed it's to important 

It has turned up on a few sets recently so I'm quite hopeful... Anything by Joy Division, I'll be happy with. So long as Bernard doesn't shout "woo!" or "come on!" during Love Will Tear Us Apart. the jolly party anthem that it is...

On 4/29/2016 at 2:52 PM, ericlered said:

They should 100% NOT play World In Motion. They have too fantastic a back catalogue to waste 5 minutes of the set with that. In fact they played it last time at Glasto with that moron Keith Allen, instead of Blue Monday or something. Ludicrous.

Maybe England will be out by then anyway. Was quite nice seeing Lightning Seeds do Three Lions in 2010, feeling briefly optimistic before getting humiliated by the Germans. I watched Slash and Ray Davies instead anyway, the sensible option.

4 hours ago, RichardWaller said:

It has turned up on a few sets recently so I'm quite hopeful... Anything by Joy Division, I'll be happy with. So long as Bernard doesn't shout "woo!" or "come on!" during Love Will Tear Us Apart. the jolly party anthem that it is...

Its been dropped more recently in favour of Superheated mate.

It depends on set length. If it is 75 mins then I don't think they will play it. If they get 90 mins then it is possible as one of the 3 in the finale. I hope they play it as it works perfectly in the encore.  Atmosphere, BM and finish with LWTUA.

Complete Music is out tomorrow and has gone completely under the radar due to a certain other band releasing a song.

Now I know it is just extended versions of an already released album but some of them are absolutely fantastic.

4 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Complete Cashgrab.

Can't argue with that mate. Would not have happened if Rob Gretton was still in charge. Yet after spending what feels like my entire life purchasing Depeche Mode stuff, I am used to stuff like this from Mute.

I have no problem with it and have them all now anyway on vinyl. But there are some really good mixes on there. For people who use the streaming sites like Deezer and so on, then it really is worth checking them out.

The casual fan is not going to buy this if they already have Music Complete. It is for the nutjobs really.

• Upvote 1