New Order

Zoo Music Girl

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

we've had different mails from 4 different official PRs, and all of them claim The National as an exclusive and none of them claim New Order as an exclusive.

If they're being claimed as that on facebook it's probably because they're thinking that will long be lost and forgotten by the time any further announcements are made.

Plus I know of something direct from New Order which as-good-as confirms them as playing Glasto.

Plus I know of other things which firmly puts them as headliner for the Other.

I know what I put my money on above anything on facebook. :)

Excellent, the same sponsored advert popped up a minute ago talking up exclusive bookings and New Order has miraculously disappeared now. Now promoting exclusives by Kurt Vile, The National, of Monsters & Men, The Lumineers & Maccabees.

35 minutes ago, ericlered said:

Excellent, the same sponsored advert popped up a minute ago talking up exclusive bookings and New Order has miraculously disappeared now. Now promoting exclusives by Kurt Vile, The National, of Monsters & Men, The Lumineers & Maccabees.

Bastard. I wanted to see him at glastonbury

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Im refusing to believe Kurt Vile won't be there... everyone I want seems to be ruled out, other than New Order.

I am demanding Iggy pop and Sigur Ros. 

You can have Hurts instead :-)

Has Hurts' stock fallen so low? They have not been announced for any festivals at all from what I can see. I really like the 1st 2 albums.

Just going back to Latitude, the only two exclusives I can find in the PR are The National and Father John Misty 

And to keep it topical... well looking forward to Chvrches supporting them on Other. Two of the best electro-pop/rock albums from last year back to back :) 

Edited by MattDavies__

3 hours ago, GlastoSimon said:

Peter Hook any good live these days? Just seen he's playing near me next week.

I will not lie, I am not a Hooky fan. My allegiance's are with the remaining members of New Order. His contribution to the New Order sound was essential  and he plays tunes that New Order will no longer play. I have been to see him and it is an enjoyable occasion, purely because he plays all the tunes New Order seem to have disregarded. 

He is not a patch on New Order though. 

What is he playing on his latest tour? Is it New Order or Joy Division?

Personally I have no interest in the JD shows he is milking but his New Order gig was good.

Here's an often forgotten New Order classic. I have no idea who Kurt Vile is. If he can match this then I may need to give him a listen.

Edited by eastynh

7 hours ago, eastynh said:

I will not lie, I am not a Hooky fan. My allegiance's are with the remaining members of New Order. His contribution to the New Order sound was essential  and he plays tunes that New Order will no longer play. I have been to see him and it is an enjoyable occasion, purely because he plays all the tunes New Order seem to have disregarded. 

He is not a patch on New Order though. 

What is he playing on his latest tour? Is it New Order or Joy Division?

Personally I have no interest in the JD shows he is milking but his New Order gig was good.

Here's an often forgotten New Order classic. I have no idea who Kurt Vile is. If he can match this then I may need to give him a listen.

He's doing Low Life + Brotherhood on this tour, I believe. (with the usual Joy Div opening set) 

57 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

He's doing Low Life + Brotherhood on this tour, I believe. (with the usual Joy Div opening set) 

Well that shows how pissed I was last night as I do not remember writing that post:rofl:

I seen the Lowlife and Brotherhood tour. It was an enjoyable night listening to some of the tunes. Watching Hooky is good for hearing tunes again in a live setting than New Order will never play live again. I disagree with the previous poster though who said Hooky does a better job than New Order. 

I'm really glad I love the new album,  otherwise I wouldn't be too sure about their slot at the festival.

As a huge NO fan I have issues with them playing the same songs tour in, tour out whilst classics, especially from Technique & Low Life are in room 101. Even Temptation & Blue Monday become boring when you see & hear them for the umpteenth time live.

That's definitely the thing Hooky has going for his shows, if only what's left of New Order would make their setlists more interesting.

1 hour ago, ericlered said:

I'm really glad I love the new album,  otherwise I wouldn't be too sure about their slot at the festival.

As a huge NO fan I have issues with them playing the same songs tour in, tour out whilst classics, especially from Technique & Low Life are in room 101. Even Temptation & Blue Monday become boring when you see & hear them for the umpteenth time live.

That's definitely the thing Hooky has going for his shows, if only what's left of New Order would make their setlists more interesting.

They play what the vast majority of the crowd want to hear. This was their set from Berlin. Personally I would like Vanishing Point, World and Dream Attack, but what do you drop? I don't like restless but it is the lead single from the new album.

1.           Singularity
  2. Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
    Play Video
  18. Encore:
  19. (Joy Division cover)
    Play Video
  20. (Joy Division cover)
    Play Video
  21.          Blue Monday

Edited by eastynh

20 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think they should drop at least half of their 'Play Video' performances. Never big into that one.

But it's the Perfecto remix

12 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

I'm hoping Iggy Pop is on the same day so they can do Stray Dog 

Perfect time to go to the loo if they play that one, I like your thinking Matt :-)

Edited by eastynh

23 hours ago, eastynh said:

Do you like that? It's my music complete fast forward track. He can sing Love Will Tear US Apart though if he is there.

It's one of my favourites! 

That setlist from Berlin is class. Lots on there for a girl who has never seen them live before to get excited about.