DanielM17

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys, 

New to this festival and as I can't make Glastonbury this year due to other commitments I'm considering this one. Do they do day tickets or just weekend tickets? I notice that a few of the acts I'm really bothered about (Radiohead, Shadow Puppets - don't judge me) are listed on their websites as playing the Friday, so we're thinking of doing a day.

Many thanks.

1 minute ago, West2003 said:

It may be fake but the second time they're playing their new album in full, which they also did back at the Roundhouse in November, althought that was a special performance with the accompanying film.

They're doing it in Manchester on the 9th Feb as well. Might sell my ticket for it now.

Would be a mega quick time for someone to knock up a fake.

2 minutes ago, ZXCVBNM said:

What the hell is 'Society Fun Lie'? Googled it and there wasn't any bands? Am I just sleep deprived and seeing things?

yeah noticed that too... wasn't in the video either as far as I remember.

maybe it's a code for some secret band they can't announce yet?

Edited by yaniv297

48 minutes ago, livenstu said:

Forgot about Lush, i thought they were a sure bet.  BUT Brian Wilson AND John Carpenter!!!  Amazing!

Yeah, I don't think I can forgive it. There's no reason for them not to be there.

John Carpenter would be awesome, though. 

I'd be wary of Brian Wilson. Sure, he's Brian Wilson, but by all accounts, it is a sad affair.

Edited by Bort

Bort, it's surely one of the greatest festival lineups in history in the glorious, sunny setting of Barcelona with a rich array of cultural activities. They have one of the biggest auditoria in Europe which is perfect for more intimate gigs, outdoor gigs overlooking the Mediterranean which go on until 5am. You really are a hard man to please!

15 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

well if they can't announce it, it won't be something as obvious as an anagram...

any other bands might reform/play but not confirming it yet? Wolf Parade are confirmed, right? maybe At the Drive In?

Wolf Parade aren't playing which is a surprise, and also I've seen a slightly different version of the day split poster without it on so I guess it isn't anything

I've watched the 2002 Pet Sounds performance. Surely his voice is nowhere near what it was, but he's aware of it and the high parts are mainly handled by backing singers. His band is excellent. Sure it's been 14 years, but if he's near that level, it's an enjoyable show. And he's about as legendary as living musicians get.

Also still not answered, what kind of show do John Carpenter puts up? isn't he mainly a film director/screenwriter/composer?

Edited by yaniv297