Primavera Sound 2016

DanielM17

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agh, just spent an hour coming up with my entry for the Spanish forums 'porra' competition only to see that you can't enter if you've registered on the forum after the 10th November. Bugger

Here's my list anyway 

Animal Collective
Beach House
Beck
Beirut
Deerhunter
Drive like Jehu
Flying Lotus
Foals
Goat
Grimes
Jamie XX
LCD Soundsystem
Lush
Miike Snow
PJ Harvey
Public Enemy
Tame Impala
Skepta
Sigur Ros
Sleaford Mods

4 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Agh, just spent an hour coming up with my entry for the Spanish forums 'porra' competition only to see that you can't enter if you've registered on the forum after the 10th November. Bugger

Here's my list anyway 

Animal Collective
Beach House
Beck
Beirut
Deerhunter
Drive like Jehu
Flying Lotus
Foals
Goat
Grimes
Jamie XX
LCD Soundsystem
Lush
Miike Snow
PJ Harvey
Public Enemy
Tame Impala
Skepta
Sigur Ros
Sleaford Mods

Why would you go for the tricky ones like LCD Soundsystem when you could just cash in on the easy ones like Hinds or Eagulls or whatever. :P Seems a fair list though.

Just thinking; with Drive Like Jehu self confirmed, Shellac no doubt there, ATDI and Unwound maybe touring Europe early summer and Refused definitely touring Europe early summer, that could be some raucous shit.

Edited by dentalplan

Right!!! Jehu have (pretty much) let on they will play PS... Which is a dream come true for me.....but unwound!? That would be enough for me! Those two are tooooo good to be true. Have unwound actually confirmed they are playing again? What next, Fugazi! At the drive in might be a bit more of a L&R and Beni booking imho, but I'd be delighted if they played. Throw in Sigur Ros, tame impala, LCD, Hot Chip, leftfield and Radiohead and this would be the best PS ever. (And fucking shellac, I love my annual shellac gig)

3 minutes ago, StephenF said:

Right!!! Jehu have (pretty much) let on they will play PS... Which is a dream come true for me.....but unwound!? That would be enough for me! Those two are tooooo good to be true. Have unwound actually confirmed they are playing again? What next, Fugazi! At the drive in might be a bit more of a L&R and Beni booking imho, but I'd be delighted if they played. Throw in Sigur Ros, tame impala, LCD, Hot Chip, leftfield and Radiohead and this would be the best PS ever. (And fucking shellac, I love my annual shellac gig)

ATDI more of a Beni booking? Huhhhhhhh?

I just got Unwound from you I think. And Jehu, I think.

13 hours ago, AdamWillingham said:

There is definitely something going on. As FloorFiller said, surely they would just announce another name if they were awaiting on someone else?

If you think about it, maybe they'd rather leave people waiting than announce someone potentially underwhelming compared to previous first announcements (Blur, Arcade Fire, The Cure, The Strokes). If people see Primavera announce someone slightly underwhelming as first headliner that could motivate them to just go for BBK/Sonar/insert other festival here. Maybe they'd rather keep people waiting, in the hope that they wait to decide what festival they are going to.

9 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Here's my list anyway 

Animal Collective
Beach House
Beck
Beirut
Deerhunter
Drive like Jehu
Flying Lotus
Foals
Goat
Grimes
Jamie XX