Primavera Sound 2016

DanielM17

Tickets have been on sale since June so it seemed logical. I have purchased my ticket already, after the overwhelming success that was PS15. 

What are everyone's thoughts in terms of the lineup?

Radiohead

Bon Iver

Tame Impala

The xx

The Smashing Pumpkins

New Order

FFS

Frank Ocean

Bjork

PJ Harvey

Jamie xx

Todd Terje

Sufjan Stevens

just some likely/hopeful names. Radiohead obviously will be top of pretty much everybody's wishlist, as unlikely as it probably is.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i didn't go in 2014, and whilst i still had a ball and saw a lot of great acts, i thought 2015's lineup paled in comparison to 2014's (the top tier acts especially were just phenomenal), so i'm hoping for another lineup of that standard

the acts you've listed are some of many i'd love to see there, but i couldn't even hazard a guess at who will actually play. not even sure if i'm 100% going yet, but i'd definitely like to

Tickets have been on sale since June so it seemed logical. I have purchased my ticket already, after the overwhelming success that was PS15. 

What are everyone's thoughts in terms of the lineup?

Radiohead

Bon Iver

Tame Impala

The xx

The Smashing Pumpkins

New Order

FFS

Frank Ocean

Bjork

PJ Harvey

Jamie xx

Todd Terje

Sufjan Stevens

just some likely/hopeful names. Radiohead obviously will be top of pretty much everybody's wishlist, as unlikely as it probably is.

Been thinking about this a lot the past week. Really hoping to finally get there next year. 

Bon Iver or Radiohead would be big and both very welcome, I'd imagine. Sadly I don't think Bon Iver will tour again in the near future and news this weekend suggests Radiohead don't seem to be sure about when their album is ready and you'd think bands would be being courted for festivals right now so probably not that either.

If I was gonna throw a guess at headliners out right now I'd go with New Order, Frank Ocean and Tame Impala as you've suggested and then Gorillaz, Disclosure and some reunion that I'm not thinking about but will care massively about when it happens. :P Regardless of headliners though, I'm desperate to get there next summer.

i didn't go in 2014, and whilst i still had a ball and saw a lot of great acts, i thought 2015's lineup paled in comparison to 2014's (the top tier acts especially were just phenomenal), so i'm hoping for another lineup of that standard

the acts you've listed are some of many i'd love to see there, but i couldn't even hazard a guess at who will actually play. not even sure if i'm 100% going yet, but i'd definitely like to

Yeah they absolutely slayed with that bill. I still can't believe I let it happen without me!

If I was gonna throw a guess at headliners out right now I'd go with New Order, Frank Ocean and Tame Impala as you've suggested and then Gorillaz, Disclosure and some reunion that I'm not thinking about but will care massively about when it happens. :P Regardless of headliners though, I'm desperate to get there next summer.

Yeah, I think those are some likely suggestions, although I always feel that they have one band that nearly dwarves the rest (The Cure, Blur, Arcade Fire; still The Strokes but to a lesser extent). I guess Gorillaz could be that, but I'm not sure.

Booked my ticket the other day. Can't fooking wait!

Foals are my guess for one headliner. Hoping for the Chems for another and for Azealia Banks to be on the bill somewhere. I think the LCD reunion will happen at PS but not next year.

Whoevers on it's gonna be great.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

Booked my ticket the other day. Can't fooking wait!

Foals are my guess for one headliner. Hoping for the Chems for another and for Azealia Banks to be on the bill somewhere. I think the LCD reunion will happen at PS but not next year.

Whoevers on it's gonna be great.

An LCD 2AM reunion by that sea would be the most glorious thing ever to happen. Has there been any talk of that or are you just hoping?

Chems could definitely happen, and Foals make a degree of sense too.

Just hoping but they will reform at some point, of that I'm a million percent sure.

They're always held up as an example of a band who went out on top and in the best possible way so I'm not sure. I'd be happy for them to forget about all that and do a few more shows though for my satisfaction.

Yeah, I think those are some likely suggestions, although I always feel that they have one band that nearly dwarves the rest (The Cure, Blur, Arcade Fire; still The Strokes but to a lesser extent). I guess Gorillaz could be that, but I'm not sure.

Yeah that's true. No names jump out to me for a bigger headliner around that level though. Maybe Black Sabbath would go down well and seeing as they have the likes of Electric Wizard and Sleep playing sometimes it's arguable that they would suit the festival.

They're always held up as an example of a band who went out on top and in the best possible way so I'm not sure. I'd be happy for them to forget about all that and do a few more shows though for my satisfaction.

Yeah that's true. No names jump out to me for a bigger headliner around that level though. Maybe Black Sabbath would go down well and seeing as they have the likes of Electric Wizard and Sleep playing sometimes it's arguable that they would suit the festival.

Agree about LCD. 

Don't see Black Sabbath there at all, they will go where the big bucks lie for one big payoff, while playing as few shows as possible. Don't think Primavera will be one of them.

The only band of that level I can think of are Radiohead, who - to be fair - often record albums very quickly. Now that they have properly started it'll probably be finished by Christmas. Maybe I am just clinging onto false hope haha.

Edited by DanielM17

As I'm moving from Rome to Barcelona, I'll be at Primavera Sound again for sure.

Radiohead would be huge. Maybe Florence + The Machine may be another headliner as she'll be in Europe in June to play the gigs she was forced to cancel due to her broken leg. I saw Foals twice (Pukkelpop 2013 and Sziget 2015) and they're a brilliant live band, would be happy to see them again.

• 3 weeks later...

LCD Soundsystem is rumored to be reuniting for Coachella.

The unfortunate thing is that Primavera is now the same weekend as Governors Ball in New York and Primavera Porto is during Bonnaroo. So my question is, if Radiohead and LCD Soundsystem are on the table, which fest gets them and which doesn't?

Also, a Lush reunion is apparently going to be announced Monday. Doesn't Primavera usually announce an act early? I'm thinking it's them.

Ideally, I could see these being the headliners:

Radiohead

LCD Soundsystem

New Order

Frank Ocean

Tame Impala

Lush

And toss in Vampire Weekend, Florence, or Bon Over, etc in place of whichever ones Governors Ball gets instead.

Edited by Bort

oh jesus i hope this talk of LCD reforming is true. one of my biggest regrets not catching them live - became a huge fan of theirs just as it was too late

Lush as headliners? Really?

yeah definitely don't seem big enough to headline, but then again Ride seemed absurd to me so who knows? hard to tell what bands broke through in the rest of Europe (don't think they'd headline, though)

oh jesus i hope this talk of LCD reforming is true. one of my biggest regrets not catching them live - became a huge fan of theirs just as it was too late

yeah definitely don't seem big enough to headline, but then again Ride seemed absurd to me so who knows? hard to tell what bands broke through in the rest of Europe (don't think they'd headline, though)

Saw LCD at Creamfields in 2007. Seems longer ago than that tbh. Even though they played the main stage the afternoon crowd can't have numbered a couple of thousand at best. Also saw them at Manc Apollo 3 years later. A double header with Hot Chip. They alternated headliners on that tour and as much as I love Hot Chip who headlined that night, LCD were streets ahead of them. Blew me away.

I fucking love that band. As I've said, they'll definitely reform at some point. I think at the time when they split that James Murphy said that the band weren't getting much out of being in the band and touring etc. I always took this to mean financially. A few years off to make people's hearts grow fonder would mean more of a pay day in the long run in my book.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

No less absurd than Ride and Antony.

It seems very encouraging, although it is definitely a fake you'd think. I doubt they'd even have the poster done this early.

The signs are good though for this year, many potential great headliners and the undercard is reliably strong every year anyway.

yeah i've got a good feeling about the headliners next year, and as you say, the undercards are always pretty damn great. looking forward to the announcement. when is it usually? only decided to go to this years quite last minute so everything was already out

Yeah got to be fake, but its a banging lineup.

I'm liking the rumours this year. New Order/Radiohead/LCD Soundsystem would be pretty dreamy.

Yeah, would be way better than this year's lineup, which was really underwhelming compared to 2014.

New Order is really disappointing live, I'm sorry to say. But still, would be preferable to someone like Florence or Vampire Weekend.