Primavera Sound 2016

DanielM17

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They need to have a new section at the two main stages for people who want to boast to their mates about seeing a gig but actually are not interested in enjoying it. 
The can put people filming the entire gig on a tiny phone (never to watch it again) on the left and people chatting during the fecking songs on the right. 
They can call it the w*nker Zone.

Stuff I saw: 

Goat - Exactly as they sound on record, but you get to watch weirdo Swedes prance about in funny outfits. 6/10

Stara Rzeka - Polish multi-instrumentalist who made a lot of noise. 7/10

Beak> - Seemed pretty up for it and so were the crowd, a pleasing gig. 8/10

A.R. Kane - One of the bands I was most excited for, but they were crap. Reunited by one of the original duo, with his sister and some child making up the band. Presumably he can't sing the songs any more so he's slowed everything down and made every song a shoegaze song. 3/10 

Floating Points - Killed it. I'm not really arsed about his stuff on record but the live show is fucking rad. 9/10

LCD Soundsystem - Watched most of it from about a mile back but it looked pretty good. Will need to get a proper seat at Glastonbury. 8/10

Moses Sumney - One of those things I have no interest in listening to on a day to day basis but is very enjoyable to watch. Mad vocal range and cool loop stuff. 8/10

Radiohead - I thought some of it fell a bit flat (Burn the Witch, Idioteque), but mostly it was fucking incredible. Could hear a pin drop during Nude, and you can't really beat a Karma Police singalong. 9/10

Holly Herndon - It's obviously quite hard to make her stuff interesting in a live setting as all she can do is press play, but she made an effort with some vocal tricks/cool visuals/a transvestite dancer. I like the album loads so it didn't really matter tbh. 8/10

The Avalances - Feel like I could have heard this down any half decent nightclub on a Friday night. 4/10

Boredoms - Japanese bands are always good. 7/10

US Girls - Presumably they couldn't afford a band so just played to a backing track. They shouldn't have bothered. 2/10

Brian Wilson - Wasn't really that bothered about seeing him, but it was pretty good. Can't really go wrong when he brings about 10 people along and everyone knows all the songs. 7/10

Drive Like Jehu - Big highlight. Can't believe how good they were for a reformed 90s band. So tight. 9/10

PJ Harvey - She dresses like a 20 year old at Glastonbury, but I'll let her off. New stuff sounded great, old stuff did too. 8/10

Julia Holter - She's so perfect. Better than when I saw her in Glasgow this year. Horns Surrounding Me is so good live. 8/10

On 21 May 2016 at 1:32 PM, StephenF said:
22 hours ago, Yesiamaduck said:

If you have a smartphone with a good mic then fine film a few seconds of a single song to help share and relive the memory with friends that didn't go, don't stand there all gig filming the whole set. Consistent talking is never allowed under any circumstance

Sorry Stephen F -  didn't know how to delete an initial quote but felt I had to reply to this thread!

The big stages are a shitshow if you really like the bands. 4th year in a row now,and more chitchat during sets - suspect I was unlucky but basically if you talk throughout Sigur Ros including the quiet bits then you are just rude or self absorbed and / or wasted. It's got to the point where you have to be in first few rows / VIP for quiet and sack the (often also great) band that preceded whatever you are watching...

And to the bunch of idiots taking the piss out of Brian Wilson....get a life.

BTW did anyone catch Drive Like Jehu? Awesome..

Think I've recovered from the angst created by talkers in gigs...so highlights for me were -

Radiohead - immaculate, could have been louder but so varied a set that sometimes hit 'epic'

Air - so crisp, great set visually and found it a surprise highlight

Drice Like Jehu - awesome, missed Deerhunter but there's the rub! What I would give for seeing them in a club gig!

Julien Baker - in the CCCB..bought her album 'Sprained Ankle' as soon as I got home. Outstanding.

Beach Slang - LCD have never done it for me and we were too far away....tore to Pitchfork stage, and had a great time. Just love their slightly cheesy rock, so melodic and a great although slightly over - emotive front man...

Tame Impala - just a blast esp if you like 'Currents' a lot

Pantha du Prince - listen to him a lot at home, in car etc so dragged my mates along. Felt the pressure but it was as beautiful as techno can get live

Sugur Ros - slayed it, suspect it was gig if the festival if you like them and if you were lucky enough to be in polite company! Sadly a great gig is not made by the band alone..

There is actually a solution which is to ask those wishing to talk to stand at the back. They get to say they were there, real fans can be at the front. If a festival put up signs to this effect EVERYWHERE it might just work.

I had a couple talking through the entire Brian Wilson set. It spoilt what would otherwise have been such a special moment.

And it's not just the talkers. I had a professional photographer with a massive lens snapping loudly every 3 seconds next to my ear for Radiohead.

And a couple filming an entire set with their phones. Both of them and with the phones blocking my view.

It's just so depressing that people can be this selfish.

Sartre was right.

On 6/2/2016 at 9:50 AM, DiscothequeDave said:

Suede were great. Just heard LCD soundcheck from a rooftop pool. 

ac hotel? i was woken by the Tame Impala soundcheck the first day but other days I was just so passed out, nothing would wake me. kinda annoying, must ask for room other side next time

8 hours ago, glasto2015ticketforsale said:

ac hotel? i was woken by the Tame Impala soundcheck the first day but other days I was just so passed out, nothing would wake me. kinda annoying, must ask for room other side next time

Yeah it was the AC. We were actually staying in the Hilton but used the bar in the AC and The Princess quite a lot.

what a Festival! it was my 6th appereance and my favourite primavera.. Eventually.....

to see LUSH was fantastic

Suede were in very good shape. The best of setlist was great. From Sometimes I feel I'll float away into Everything will flow was my Highlight.

Have seen so many great concerts. Outstanding was SIGUR ROS. But then, a lot very very good. Air, Tame Impala, Julien Baker, Cavern of Anti-Matter, Beach House, Deerhunter, Wild Nothing, Moderat, Radiohead all on the toplist. And Younghusband in the Apolo was fun too.. :-)

2 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

I saw the message and I'm positive it said tickets on sale Wed 15th. I very much doubt they would put them on sale without telling us about it at least a day in advance, I reckon they're waiting to wrap up the festival in Porto before making the official announcement

Ahh okay my mistake, knew it was sometime very soon

Helloooo,

The tickets will be avaliable on Wednesday 15th, the published in the screens of Pj Harvey concert.

By the way, if anyone who have the VIP ticket this year 2016, and don't want to buy the tickets this Wednesday, please send me a Private Message, i need your help!!

Thanks to everyone.

Edited by Josep Prada