DanielM17

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I'd have preferred to see them in glorious sunshine than a night spot. Perfect outdoors band.

They are making the lightshow at the show itself which works really well. I think it wouldn't even come close to the show they have now if they played at daylight.

I have seen Tame Impala a few times, last time in February this year. Their Currents show is far better than the shows a few years ago, and the lightshow add to the experience. Should be amazing as a headliner show at Primavera after sunset. Not to be missed if you have not already seen a show from the Currents tour IMHO. As for John Carpenter we are into the unkown, the guy has never played any shows before and definitely not at this size.

Edited by puckno

I'm torn about the Brian Wilson show.  Living legend, amazing landmark album and all, but I've had a few bad experiences with some legacy acts (I remember seeing James Brown and he was barely on stage).  

Actually, after watching some youtube videos, I'm leaning towards skipping.  The right call?

13 minutes ago, jeffroTull said:

I'm torn about the Brian Wilson show.  Living legend, amazing landmark album and all, but I've had a few bad experiences with some legacy acts (I remember seeing James Brown and he was barely on stage).  

Actually, after watching some youtube videos, I'm leaning towards skipping.  The right call?

There's a basis to worry - Wilson's voice is mostly gone, he's not very animated and the huge majority of the show is being handled by his (excellent) backing band.

I won't miss it because for me it's seeing one of my greatest heroes, and because the songs will be much better than probably any other show at the festival, but if you're looking for a great performance you might want to look elsewhere.

I'd recommend watching some YouTube videos of his current show and deciding based on that.

Radiohead's first gig for the tour is tonight! Looking forward to seeing what the set list is (although they always mix it up) and seeing how big the string section will be (orchestra or a little string quintet).

we know that they have Clive Dreamer - the second drummer back for the tour so should expect  a few King of Limbs-related tracks.

3 hours ago, jeffroTull said:

Miss it and you'll regret it. Still one of my top ten gigs of all time, albeit being 9 years ago.

Radiohead changed the setlist in their second show of Amsterdam (they usually do it often). I personally prefer the one of the second night.

- TO AVOID SPOILERS DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK -

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2016/heineken-music-hall-amsterdam-netherlands-33fea83d.html

Edited by ilbeyene

13 minutes ago, ilbeyene said:

Radiohead changed the setlist in their second show of Amsterdam (they usually do it often). I personally prefer the one of the second night.

- TO AVOID SPOILERS DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK -

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2016/heineken-music-hall-amsterdam-netherlands-33fea83d.html

Please do not read the following if you don't want to be spoiled by Radiohead's setlist.

I personally prefered the 1st, as Reckoner, Weird Fishes and Paranoid Android have been played, but I would like these three with Karma Police at Nos Alive :D. I can understand you though, 4 Kid A on the second, only 2 on the first. ;) 

- WE HAVE SPOILERS HERE -

@Noeliam exactly, as you know Kid A is my favorite Radiohead album and I really need to listen to The National Anthem and How To Disappear Completely live. Also, the closing with Idioteque, wow! Anyway in their latest tour in Italy in 2012 they had 3 dates and they did Paranoid Android in the first gig, Karma Police in the second and No Surprises in the third. So I wouldn't be surprised if their next show will have No Surprises instead of Karma Police and Paranoid Android. I'm afraid it would be very difficult to have all these three in the same show. But fine if you give me more of Kid A! :D 

Edited by ilbeyene

I was at Amsterdam night 1, they're on fire this tour. Gona be great.

Set list is, as always for them, fairly unpredictable. They've already played 34 different songs over 2 nights (24 songs a night). Impressive. 

They're not the type of band to do the same (or very similar set list) more than once. Am at their gig in London on Friday too so will report back.