Primavera Sound 2016

DanielM17

23 minutes ago, Bort said:

Oh it's a sacrifice worth making, just sayin' since everyone is talking about clashes. 

Also torn between Explosions, Floating Points, Har Mar Superstar, and undecided between Air/Kamasi Washington/Suuns. Those are probably going to be last-minute decisions.

Fair enough.

When I have a clash, I pretty much always favour the good stages (ie not the H&M/Heineken stages which are a bit soulless).

In some ways the festival was better before it expanded to include the car park stages.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, inspectedinspector said:

Hi all. First timer this year. How cold does it get in the evenings/ at night usually please? Not been to Barcelona before either. Cheers

This year is slightly later than the normal end of May dates, & last year the weather was pretty much gorgeous throughout the weekend, so it was shorts & t-shirt all the way into the small hours.  I would say bring something warmer just in case, i think 2013 was the year when it was cold & people were buying extra layers, but it's normally ok, especially when you add alcohol etc into the mix :)

I expect the metro strike to go ahead. I was there in Feb and they were striking during a week of huge conferences when they thought they would call it off up until the last minute. Primavera is most likely the reason they're doing it.

I didn't find it a problem in Feb anyway, there were still trains but they were less frequent, and there's still the trams.

16 hours ago, Bort said:

It gets really hot in the metro. 

So does anyone know of a tourist-friendly cannabis

16 hours ago, Bort said:

It gets really hot in the metro. 

So does anyone know of a tourist-friendly cannabis club?

Think the two in Barceloneta are tourist friendly....failing that just speak to the dudes in the King Atipuli reggae shop on Career Gignas.

Even I've been a few times, I'm not quite sure: As a VIP you have a special entrance at the Auditori, right? Can you enter after the show has started? I'm asking because I will have to buy a ticket for LUSH at 16h at the information desk (where is that exactly? as i remember, it's outside the Forum just near the entrace of Auditori?... and exactly at the same time, Lubomyr Melnyk starts in the Auditori. Strange organisation if you ask me...

Second Question: Suede in the Auditori. You need no ticket, right? Does that mean, as a VIP, being there at 18.25h will be fine?...

Edited by branvan

20 minutes ago, branvan said:

Even I've been a few times, I'm not quite sure: As a VIP you have a special entrance at the Auditori, right? Can you enter after the show has started? I'm asking because I will have to buy a ticket for LUSH at 16h at the information desk (where is that exactly? as i remember, it's outside the Forum just near the entrace of Auditori?... and exactly at the same time, Lubomyr Melnyk starts in the Auditori. Strange organisation if you ask me...

Second Question: Suede in the Auditori. You need no ticket, right? Does that mean, as a VIP, being there at 18.25h will be fine?...

i never noticed another queue for vip holders at Auditori tbh, but i discussed it with some people and they told that do exist. After the start of the concert normally you can't enter, but i guess it is possible if it just started.

as for the auditori concerts that need reservation ticket, we don't know them yet..

51 minutes ago, branvan said:

For sure there's a separate line (last year it was to the left of the non-VIP line) and you can basically roll right up.  I walked into Patti Smith, Tony Allen and Sun Kil Moon.  The place is huge and people come and go so I wouldn't expect any problem.

54 minutes ago, branvan said:

Yes to all of your questions

thanks to all of you for the answers! :-)

another one: is it ok to get a ticket just about at 16.00h for Lush or will there be a huge queue and you have to be there an hour or so in advance...

i'd like to go to the daypro/martini concerts, but that doesn't seem to be possible if you have to queue up for the Lush tickets...

i don't know, maybe it's just me, but i think Lush are massive and way too big for the hidden stage?...

34 minutes ago, branvan said:

thanks to all of you for the answers! :-)

another one: is it ok to get a ticket just about at 16.00h for Lush or will there be a huge queue and you have to be there an hour or so in advance...

i'd like to go to the daypro/martini concerts, but that doesn't seem to be possible if you have to queue up for the Lush tickets...

i don't know, maybe it's just me, but i think Lush are massive and way too big for the hidden stage?...

The forum only opens at 4pm so I guess you won't be queueing inside at the ticket stand, you will be queuing outside for the forum and it will be a bunfight getting tickets. I'd say it's Lush or martini tickets, not both.

For Suede, I don't think VIPs will need to get a reservation ticket as their queue will be much shorter but not sure. With them playing the night before and other good stuff on at the time, I wouldn't have thought the Auditori will be full so even people without a reservation ticket would have a good chance of getting in. 

23 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

Yes, you can enter the auditori after the concert has begun. 

I recall Gabi saying Suede at the Auditori will be a ticketed event. In this case I think VIPs have to buy a seat like everyone else, perhaps someone can confirm. 

yes, for Auditori ticketed events, VIPs have no preferential access.

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The forum only opens at 4pm so I guess you won't be queueing inside at the ticket stand, you will be queuing outside for the forum and it will be a bunfight getting tickets. I'd say it's Lush or martini tickets, not both.

For Suede, I don't think VIPs will need to get a reservation ticket as their queue will be much shorter but not sure. With them playing the night before and other good stuff on at the time, I wouldn't have thought the Auditori will be full so even people without a reservation ticket would have a good chance of getting in. 

i'm sure that Vip holders need a reservation ticket, too. At least, it was like this the previous year. But, when they announce the ticketed events, we will have the required info, i guess

But i agree that Suede in Auditori and having played the night before maybe will not be that crowded.

Edited by cortomaltese

last one: where exactly do you get the tickets for the hidden stage/lush? the homepage does say at the info desk. but isn't that one outside of the Forum or after the first wavebreaker near the point where you get the viptickets?

or is it inside near the cash machines? i remember rushing there to get the ticket for MERCURY REV in the auditori a few years ago?...

I'm pretty sure last year: once you've gone through the main entrance (passing the security searches) it was near the Ray Ban stage...

i remember running passed the merch stall and other shops and it was just beyond there.

Also - someone earlier mentioned 'buying' these tickets for hidden stage gigs. That's not true - they are free tickets, and it is two tickets per person.

Edited by beatkeeper

11 minutes ago, beatkeeper said:

I'm pretty sure last year: once you've gone through the main entrance (passing the security searches) it was near the Ray Ban stage...

i remember running passed the merch stall and other shops and it was just beyond there.

Also - someone earlier mentioned 'buying' these tickets for hidden stage gigs. That's not true - they are free tickets, and it is two tickets per person.

That's not true. It's one ticket per person.

Hey guys,
If anyone is planning on arriving in Barcelona early for the festival (or for the Coldplay show prior to it), I am selling a dorm bed at the great UrbanyGO hostel May 26-28th. Selling at half the price at the time (£22 for both nights) which would be much less than half of the price on those dates now!

Let me know is anyone is interested :)