Primavera Sound 2016

DanielM17

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Generally I'm very, very happy, much better than I expected.

Biggest (only?) big casuality for me is Richard Hawley, who inevitably loses the clash against Brian Wilson.

I can't believe on Thursday I can actually see Algiers, Suede, Destroyer, Protomartyr and LCD, and it's not even that tight. The only questionable thing is Suede finishing exactly when Destroyer starts, so I might miss the opening songs. I even have time to watch Explosions/Vince Staples in between. 

Julian Baker is another miss, but she's playing Friday afternoon so I might see her there.

In Friday, I'm delighted I have time to save place for Radiohead without missing anything big, and I can see TLSP after them (I was afraid they'll play before).

Pusha T/Deerhunter/Drive Like Jehu/PJ Harvey sucks. Probably have to sacrifice the first two.

Radiohead/Tortoise/Dinosaur Jr. is probably the main one for most people. Can see why they've done it though.

Kamasi Washington/Air/AR Kane & Julia Holter/Parquet Courts are the other two for me.

Could have been worse I guess.

Bit of a dull question. Are there lockers on site ? Definitely up for Erol Alkan and Todd Terje on Thursday afternoon, makes no sense to go away and come back. Would need to take a fresh shirt or something with me.

What do you call a DJ who only plays in nooks and crannies ?

EROL ALKOVE LOL !

9 hours ago, xxialac said:

Do we think the likes of Todd Terje are going to play their regular set or more of a DJ type set?

For Todd Terje it is definitely only a DJ set. If Todd Terje was to play his regular live set it would be announced as Todd Terje & The Olsens and it would need a larger stage production.

On 2 April 2016 at 6:26 PM, yaniv297 said:

I left most days in 2-3 am and it was very busy. Not sure about other times.

I've left at a similar time before and took ages to get across town - this year the late night dance / electronica is so good that I'm just gonna see it through until tube starts up 

12 hours ago, puckno said:

For Todd Terje it is definitely only a DJ set. If Todd Terje was to play his regular live set it would be announced as Todd Terje & The Olsens and it would need a larger stage production.

Thanks, that's helpful. In which case, I don't understand the excitement of seeing someone like Todd Terje on the bill. If it's a DJ set, then it could be anyone on the decks.

Anyone know if we can get our wristbands on the wednesday? Also is the exchange only at the forum now or also in the city?  Went two years ago and got to the forum on the thursday about midday and very little queue for wristbands whereas when we returned about 5pm the queue was quite big..

Quite a lot of annoying clashes but nothing making me tear my hair out. The Radiohead oldies clashes are a right oddity though - Dinosaur Jr, Tortoise and Shellac? Hmm. 

Worst for me is Kamasi/Destroyer. But none of my "must sees" have bad clashes really.

5 minutes ago, Bort said:

Sigur Ros vs Chairlift and Julia Holter hurts, and seeing Lush means missing Cabaret Voltaire, Moses Sumney, Savages, and possibly a good spot for Radiohead. Hell. 

Complain about the organisers not having Lush and when they announce them, complain about that too. Organisers can't win! 

Oh it's a sacrifice worth making, just sayin' since everyone is talking about clashes. 

Also torn between Explosions, Floating Points, Har Mar Superstar, and undecided between Air/Kamasi Washington/Suuns. Those are probably going to be last-minute decisions.

On 5/14/2016 at 2:18 AM, bobsyerunkle said:

Anyone know if we can get our wristbands on the wednesday? Also is the exchange only at the forum now or also in the city?  Went two years ago and got to the forum on the thursday about midday and very little queue for wristbands whereas when we returned about 5pm the queue was quite big..

I'm picking mine up Tuesday so I can go to that Deradoorian show. Highly recommended if you're going to be in town for it.