Primavera Sound 2016

DanielM17

3 hours ago, Kdizzle said:

I am once again attending Primavera Sound in Barcelona at the end of the month.

I have had a bit of a resurgence in my photography interests and was hoping I could take my Canon 30V film SLR without having any issues. However I fear it may be interpreted by security as being to 'professional' as its looks like a chunky DSLR to the casual observer. The rules are:

You will not be allowed in with professional cameras (reflex) or with video cameras, except in the cases where you have been authorized by the organization of the festival.

Has anyone who has been to Primavera have any advice? I am struggling to remember how strict or tightly enforced this is. I seem to remember people having small DSLRs with them?

Good question. I sneaked one into Coachella last weekend, but had access to the guest security line, which seemed to be operating on a policy of plausible deniability. Meaning my bag was opened but not actually searched each day. 

I am curious about Primavera because I'd love to bring my camera. I don't have a massive telephoto or anything, but point and shoot and phone pics just don't cut it for fests.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 4/27/2016 at 7:35 AM, xxialac said:

I've said it before but it's not a must-booking if e.g. their demands were too great. Gabi said Weezer and Grimes pissed him off so maybe Lush did too. Just speculation, who knows, but a million reasons not to book them. And they are playing Europe and the US so fans from those continents can still see them.

They were never even approached. 

37 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I don't know how you can say that so definitively. Unless you have evidence (i.e. a quote from Gabi saying we decided not to approach them), then it's informed speculation at best.

The band has played several shows. People have talked to the band at such shows. 

I hear you but misunderstandings are commonplace and that seems more likely than Primavera stonewalling them

And 'people' isn't really evidence. 'People' this week said Prince had AIDS and 'people' said Prince went 150 hours without sleep - people ain't always right...

1 hour ago, yaniv297 said:

yeah, it's a shame they won't be there but the lineup is still way above any expectations I had.

I totally agree with this. But when they have a amazing line-up, it doesn't mean we can't ask questions and wonder why some acts aren't on it, right?

Anyway, this line-up is amazing and I am really excited that this line-up will be my first Primavera!

2 hours ago, yaniv297 said:

Primavera delivered pretty much the greatest lineup of the summer and people are talking two pages about Lush... yeah, it's a shame they won't be there but the lineup is still way above any expectations I had.

Totally agree.

There's pretty much no space in the schedules for any more amazing bands.

12 hours ago, Bort said:

How warm is the water that time of year? 

Last year I managed to spend every day crashing on the beach in the sun and go into the water a bit.  Was chilly, but you could definitely go in.  The year before however, Barcelona was cold and rainy.

Gabi doing a periscope thing from the beach club, nothing set up yet but looks great

Said radiohead will play at 22.15, Lush: think he has something up his sleeve

full timetable next week, thursday at the latest

Suede in auditori with tickets

Edited by Hip Priest