Primavera Sound 2016

DanielM17

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They announce 4 bands to play usually one a day or something like that. Might have to guess identity through clues.

If you want to see the bands you have to go the Forum very early to pick up a ticket and Hidden Stage is small so tickets sell out quickly.

I'd be amazed if Lush were only playing there - too big a name vs previous years.

I don't think Lush will play at all. 

as great as Primavera is... and as great as this reunion is after 20 years... they're one of the most important bands from then... so - after having booked Slowdive, Ride, The Jesus & Mary Chain among others, and with the re-issue of all of their musical output it's an obvious must-booking, isn't it?

I've said it before but it's not a must-booking if e.g. their demands were too great. Gabi said Weezer and Grimes pissed him off so maybe Lush did too. Just speculation, who knows, but a million reasons not to book them. And they are playing Europe and the US so fans from those continents can still see them.

22 hours ago, xxialac said:

I've said it before but it's not a must-booking if e.g. their demands were too great. Gabi said Weezer and Grimes pissed him off so maybe Lush did too. Just speculation, who knows, but a million reasons not to book them. And they are playing Europe and the US so fans from those continents can still see them.

Fair point of course, there's a lot more to booking than just 'hey, people like that band.' But it still is an act you would expect at Primavera, but isn't on the line-up. It might even be a good thing: they are not clashing with another must-see act :)

Yes, Manchester United have a lot of money and can buy the next big thing in football but should only do so if the terms on offer are fair.

Similarly I wouldn't want to see Primavera overspend on one act and not be able to afford a good undercard.

They seem to be getting the balance right as we get amazing lineups every year.

I am once again attending Primavera Sound in Barcelona at the end of the month.

I have had a bit of a resurgence in my photography interests and was hoping I could take my Canon 30V film SLR without having any issues. However I fear it may be interpreted by security as being to 'professional' as its looks like a chunky DSLR to the casual observer. The rules are:

You will not be allowed in with professional cameras (reflex) or with video cameras, except in the cases where you have been authorized by the organization of the festival.

Has anyone who has been to Primavera have any advice? I am struggling to remember how strict or tightly enforced this is. I seem to remember people having small DSLRs with them?

On 4/25/2016 at 2:34 AM, branvan said:

so my record store finally got the RSD release from LUSH, Origami. What a beautiful box this is. Once again fell in love with the first two regular records of them, Spooky & Split. Still can't imagine Primavera Sound 2016 WITHOUT Lush...

So the reason they aren't playing is because Primavera didn't invite them. What the fuck, Primavera?