Primavera Sound 2016

DanielM17

11 minutes ago, StephenF said:

Aso Shellac would not be on so early and angel wich woud be ridiculous in the auditori (they are already pretty ridiculous).

Angel ARE playing in the auditori.

Also you'll definitely be able to hear both LSP and Radiohead but if you want to be at the front for Radiohead then you'll technically be at the back for LSP (in the distance) as they are on opposite stages one after the other.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Also you'll definitely be able to hear both LSP and Radiohead but if you want to be at the front for Radiohead then you'll technically be at the back for LSP (in the distance) as they are on opposite stages one after the other.

How do you know this? I find it very hard to guess in which order LSP and Beach House will play. LSP is before them in the poster, but that doesn't mean anything (last year Patti Smith was billed above Damien Rice and Sleater Kinney but played before both of them).

Also, Beach House style and light show pretty much requires them to play in the dark, while LSP can definitely do daylight show. That third-before-headliner spot is still daylight (See here or here), so I think it's very likely LSP will get it and Beach House will play right before Radiohead.

Edited by yaniv297

so I think it's very likely LSP will get it and Beach House will play right before Radiohead.

my guess as well. Beach House must play in the dark. have you seen the Coachella set? Everything very dark, you couldn't hardly see Victoria Legrand singing...

2 hours ago, yaniv297 said:

How do you know this? I find it very hard to guess in which order LSP and Beach House will play. LSP is before them in the poster, but that doesn't mean anything (last year Patti Smith was billed above Damien Rice and Sleater Kinney but played before both of them).

Also, Beach House style and light show pretty much requires them to play in the dark, while LSP can definitely do daylight show. That third-before-headliner spot is still daylight (See here or here), so I think it's very likely LSP will get it and Beach House will play right before Radiohead.

You're right. I had thought that LSP were the much bigger draw and would definitely go on after BH but now I'm not sure. Although BH must still play a lot of festival sets in daylight, I think your guess on the order makes more sense.

Man oh man, that stretch before Radiohead is going to be a real test of stamina...

3 hours ago, smwatson said:

Makes sense for LSP and Radiohead to be on the same stage as they're sharing an orchestra... 

Radiohead are playing with an orchestra? what?

Is it confirmed anywhere? I don't remember the last time they played with an orchestra...

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

You're right. I had thought that LSP were the much bigger draw and would definitely go on after BH but now I'm not sure. Although BH must still play a lot of festival sets in daylight, I think your guess on the order makes more sense.

LSP are maybe bigger solely because of the presence of Alex Turner (who anyway won't play any of the tunes he's really famous for). But Beach House are indie darlings and their work is probably more famous than LSP. Also, a lot of other festivals are billing LSP a lot lower than I expected (like Coachella, they're in really small letters! and Beach House are pretty big)

Edited by yaniv297

11 hours ago, yaniv297 said:

Radiohead are playing with an orchestra? what?

Is it confirmed anywhere? I don't remember the last time they played with an orchestra...

There were images of Radiohead recording an orchestra last year - but that could have just been for their James Bond track, and not the album itself. I haven't seen any references to an orchestra anywhere else.

Hope they announce the Hidden Stage at the end of the month, though the idea of yet more bands to add to the inevitable clashes is kind of ridiculous.

Wonder if a major band will play at around 5pm on the Thursday like Interpol last year. I'd give the slot to a band that is up against Radiohead...

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Wonder if a major band will play at around 5pm on the Thursday like Interpol last year. I'd give the slot to a band that is up against Radiohead...

It was announced by one of the organisers that there will be such a concert at Sala Apolo.

I've checked some bands' tour schedules and my prediction is...Dinosaur Jr.

6 hours ago, Hip Priest said:

Yeah, it's hard to imagine Lush are not on the agenda, but where would they play? A Thursday 5pm Apolo gig alone would be unfair on many festival-goers while a hidden stage gig would be heavily over-subscribed.

Seems like they are not playing from their earlier comments. And why would it be unfair if they play at the Apolo?

On 20/4/2016 at 10:07 PM, xxialac said:

And why would it be unfair if they play at the Apolo?

The Apolo but not the Forum as well I meant. Ah, it's just that lots of people are only arriving in the city that day and will be queuing for the wristband at the Forum then, no biggie.

Gabi did another periscope yesterday but it was just him walking round the Primavera offices. Said in a fortnight all the timetables and stuff will be out. Is hoping to do a periscope from the Forum site next week to show what layout changes are happening, could be interesting though they may be more to do with VIP than anything else. Was asked didn't he think Avalanches at RayBan would be rammed and he said yeah, but what can you do?

Thanks @Hip Priest I do think if they were to give us Lush on top of everything else and don't make it VIP only then I don't see that as unfair, no matter where they play. We are seriously spoilt as it is...

Presumably will be a lot of Bowie and Prince covers at the festival. I'm glad it's not next week - will be cut-up about the Prince news for a good month.