DanielM17

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, calaix said:

There must be a hundred reasons not to book a band!

Do you have to book bands that ask for more in relation to what you think they will bring to the festival? What if their agent asked for a million pounds? What if they insisted to have a headline spot?

But both Lush and Wolf People seem to be okay with a middle of the lineup spot at smaller festivals AND they are in Europe during Primavera. Not to mention that Primavera definitely has more booking power than for example This Is Not A Love Song. 

Fair points.

All I'm saying is that if a band asks for more money (and sadly, it does tend to be all about money) than the organisers think they are worth, then the organisers shouldn't feel held to ransom. If they were casual with their limited funds, there'd be no way they would be able to book the brilliant lineup that awaits us.

I've got nothing against Lush, actually I quite like them, and hope they pop up as a big name at the Secret Stage.

Come to think about it, there's also likely to be a band that plays at 5pmish on Thursday as well as their normal slot.  I'd guess Savages. Any other ideas?

Edited by calaix

5 hours ago, calaix said:

There must be a hundred reasons not to book a band!

Do you have to book bands that ask for more in relation to what you think they will bring to the festival? What if their agent asked for a million pounds? What if they insisted to have a headline spot?

I know for a fact this is not the case.

OK, fair play but there are still so many reasons why they might not get booked. Maybe their agent told the organisers he thought Catalan food was terrible, maybe he didn't answer their emails because they went into his spam folder, maybe he lied about something, maybe he tried to play Benicassim and PV against one another to get them into a bidding war and upset both parties, maybe it was the other way round and the organisers upset the agent, maybe they dithered too long...who on earth knows what goes on behind the scenes...

Due to a friend deciding that he can't afford to go, I have one full weekend ticket to sell. I've been in touch with Primavera and they've confirmed that all you will need is a letter from him and a copy of his passport, which I can get. I've got the printed ticket now and can send it on.

He wants £200 for it though. Which I know is over the odds but he's seen what they're going for on Seatwave and suchlike, but I've convinced him to hold on for me to ask here as I know there were a few people looking for them. Please don't shoot the messenger - I'm only putting it out there and I'm not selling mine (no bloody chance for any money in the world!)

PM me if you're interested. I can get the stuff over to you by the end of the week.

David