Primavera Sound 2016

DanielM17

17 minutes ago, chewsavedlatin said:

Alot of talk about getting there early for radiohead, I'm assuming this just means getting to the front? Radiohead are one of my favourite bands, but i'm very much a sit at the back and have a beer kind of guy.

Yeah, the two main stages are massive and inconcevable to think you wouldn't be able to see them from afar if you turned up at the last minute.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, yaniv297 said:

Yep, Radiohead aside, Friday seems to be the weakest. Don't care much for either Beach House, Animal Collective or LSP. Would love to see Beirut, Dinosaour Jr, Savages and Titus, but could live without them. Getting a good spot for Radiohead will be brutal.

Yeah, Friday is by far the weakest day, Radiohead aside. Even though I have VIP, I'll be there early to stake out my spot for Radiohead.

Wouldn't mind seeing Beirut, Shellac, Tortoise, but they arent musts, and would like to see Cabaret Voltaire, Moses Sumney and Savages.

Don't have a need to see Beach House, Animal Collective, Dinosaur Jr. again anytime soon (only see the really good live acts repeatedly), but would if nothing else was on. 

Not feeling anything else that day so far. Any tips?

7 hours ago, rzwodezwo said:

Thursday - LCD Soundsystem, Tame Impala, Explosions In The Sky, Kamasi Washington, John Carpenter, Neon Indian, Daughter, Floating Points, Algiers, Car Seat Headrest, Julien Baker

Friday - Radiohead, The Last Shadow Puppets, Beach House, Beirut, Animal Collective, Maceo Plex, Richard Dawson

Saturday - Sigur Ros, Brian Wilson, Action Bronson, Moderat, Deerhunter, Julia Holter, Pantha Du Prince, Wild Nothing 

Thursday is brutal. Also seeing all of Radiohead, Beach House, Beirut and Animal Collective might be difficult. 

Currently I have...

Thursday - LCD Soundsystem, Tame Impala, Air, Explosions in the Sky, John Carpenter, Kamasi Washington, Neon Indian, Battles, Daughter, Har Mar Superstar, Loop, Julien Baker

Friday - Radiohead, Beach House, Beirut, Animal Collective, Dinosaur Jr., Savages, Cabaret Voltaire, Tortoise, Shellac, Shura, Moses Sumney

Saturday - PJ Harvey, Sigur Ros, Brian Wilson, Action Bronson, Julia Holter, Deerhunter, Chairlift, Boredoms, Autolux

Regarding Radiohead/Beach House/Beirut/Animal Collective, I wouldn't be surprised if most or all of those were on the two main stages.

Edited by Bort

I can easily see AC or Beirut playing ATP or Rayban stage at night.

There's some big acts in there, last year Belle & Sebestian and Chet Faker played those stages.

We also have LSP that day, so I would guess:

Main stage: Animal Collective/LSP - Beach House - Radiohead

ATP: Animal Collective/LSP

Rayban: Beirut - Dinosaur Jr.

Edited by yaniv297

I don't think there is always someone on the Primavera/Heineken stage after the headliner. in 2014, Disclosure played after Arcade Fire and Foals after NIN but I don't think there was anybody after The National? Last year, there was James Blake after The Black Keys and Underworld after The Strokes but I can't remember anybody playing after Alt-J? Although I mostly avoided the headliners last year.

Unless I'm wrong about those, it seems there hasn't been anything on those stages after the headliner on the Friday, which fits with there not seeming to be anybody to go on after Radiohead.

It was !!! (Chk Chk Chk) after The National in 2014, definitely the right way to follow them up (as they were after Arcade Fire at Reading 2007!).

Looking at the Clashfinder (http:///s/psis15/) it seems that Alt-J were positioned as the post-headliner act last year. Doesn't help with this year, as there's no-one that jumps out as being appropriate for that slot.

46 minutes ago, candle93 said:

Hi everybody,
Do you know if i can buy day ticket with paypal?
I'm a student and i don't have credit card (only debit card).

Last year i have bought via paypal, but this year i don't see this option.

Can Europeans only use credit cards to buy festival tix? I used a debit card to buy mine (UK)

4 minutes ago, Yesiamaduck said:

Can Europeans only use credit cards to buy festival tix? I used a debit card to buy mine (UK)

Rly? So i did something wrong :(

"If anyone knows where a guy can buy a full ticket for a reasonable price please let me know."  -> so i'm at the same situation

Edited by candle93

Sold out when we were going to buy our weekend tickets tomorrow. Madness, no way I expected it to be that quick.

Bought 3x day tickets for each day instead though as the price was still reasonable enough compared to a UK festival. Just a few q's though:

1. Is there any benefits aside from cost to a full weekend ticket? Will I be able to get into the wednesday and sunday events or are they weekend only?

2. At the exchange centre, will I be able to exchange all 3 day tickets at once so I don't have to queue again?

That is really bad luck and annoying.

I hope I'm wrong but i was my understanding that only full tickets granted access to the Weds and Sunday gigs in the City.

And also I'd be surprised if you could pick up day tickets on the day before they are issued. You could go there each afternoon (no queue), leave and come back later at least.

And the Weds night gigs in the Forum (Goat and Suede etc) are free to everyone (i.e. even people who don't have any ticket)

5 minutes ago, calaix said:

That is really bad luck and annoying.

I hope I'm wrong but i was my understanding that only full tickets granted access to the Weds and Sunday gigs in the City.

And also I'd be surprised if you could pick up day tickets on the day before they are issued. You could go there each afternoon (no queue), leave and come back later at least.

And the Weds night gigs in the Forum (Goat and Suede etc) are free to everyone (i.e. even people who don't have any ticket)

Yeah bit of a bummer as I was ready to go but friend didn't have his pay day until yesterday and I guess we missed the memo about them being on the verge of selling out.

Ah well, will probably be seeing Goat on the Wednesday anyway and not like there won't be much to do around Barca in general. Looking forward to doing my first foreign festival without the need to boil to death in a tent abroad!