Primavera Sound 2016

DanielM17

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was thinking of going to this years Festival, needing a bit of advise.

What are the start and finish times and also is public transport available and easy to use for going to the event? 

2 minutes ago, cals said:

Was thinking of going to this years Festival, needing a bit of advise.

What are the start and finish times and also is public transport available and easy to use for going to the event? 

it starts around 15.30-16.00 and finishes around 05.30-06.00

there is metro just outside (i think metro station 'el maresme'), but it stops i think after midnight (i'm not sure about specific time).

on Saturday is open all night

1 hour ago, cortomaltese said:

i agree that i dont see Jaguar Ma returning so early, but it will be a good addition.

But, lets be honest..Do we need more additions?:D Im already worried enough about artists that i 'll lose..

and just to give an example.. (and read some opinions also)

what would you choose in a hypothetical clash on Thursday, between SUEDE's Night thoughts (Auditori probably) and EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY ?

11 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

Clashes are going to be a nightmare... I can already see Deerhunter playing Rayban/ATP stage, clashing with PJ Harvey/Sigur Ros/Brian Wilson...

Animal Collective or Dinasour Jr. VS Radiohead also seems very likely.

i totally feel you.. i m afraid i have to put out of my list Animal Co and Dinosaur JR

3 minutes ago, weston24 said:

I hope that not all the hip hop is going to clash with headliners, as it's not normally on until after 11.

Hard to see Vince Staples not clashing with either Tame Impala or LCD Soundsystem :(

you re right..Staples will clash for sure with one of them.

And Action Bronson with Sigur Ros or PJ Harvey.

Edited by cortomaltese

Hopefully one of Pusha T and Action Bronson will be on after PJ/Sigur.

I do love how the different genres are put on at the best times for them but it's always annoying when the headliners are so strong and they're very likely to clash with the hip hop and post punk kind of stuff. 11pm-1am is always a nightmare.

Edited by weston24

...clash between SUEDE's Night thoughts (Auditori probably) and EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY

there are many possible clashes but the above one is my most feared.

my guess is Suede in the Auditori, Explosions in the Sky at Ray-Ban, and Air, Tame Impala & LCD at Mordor. If my guesses are true, we would have a clash Air versus Explosions in the Sky which is horrible.

SUEDE (Auditori) 20.45-21.45h

EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY (Ray-Ban) 22.50-23.50h

AIR (Heineken) 22.20-23.35h

TAME IMPALA (Primavera) 23.45-01.15h

LCD (Heineken) 01.30-02.45h

23 minutes ago, branvan said:

...clash between SUEDE's Night thoughts (Auditori probably) and EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY

there are many possible clashes but the above one is my most feared.

my guess is Suede in the Auditori, Explosions in the Sky at Ray-Ban, and Air, Tame Impala & LCD at Mordor. If my guesses are true, we would have a clash Air versus Explosions in the Sky which is horrible.

SUEDE (Auditori) 20.45-21.45h

EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY (Ray-Ban) 22.50-23.50h

AIR (Heineken) 22.20-23.35h

TAME IMPALA (Primavera) 23.45-01.15h

LCD (Heineken) 01.30-02.45h

Your plan seems possible. I admit that it ll work for me, since I care most about EITS, suede, Kamasi and carpenter that day. But it still hurts a bit, to miss air or tame impala.

in my opinion, since suede are playing also the previous day, organizers will clash them with sth huge, that's why I'm thinking of EITS.

i hope I'm wrong, and you are right!

another one aspect I'm thinking, is that 

in order to have a decent place for Radiohead (it ll be extremely crowded), somebody has to miss the last shadow puppets.. Last year I missed Interpol to have a good place for the strokes..and this year with radiohead and sold out tickets, I guess it ll be worse..

two years ago I went to Arcade fire, after qotsa finished their set, and I can't say that I enjoyed from that far..

Edited by cortomaltese

Suede are playing for free in Wednesday so there's that...

Man, Algiers are really great. Love Destroyer as well. This day can be really painful. I'm actually thankful atm that I just can't get into Tame Impala, that will save me some clashing pain...

Edited by yaniv297

All the days look awful, clashes wise. And the more I listen to, the more I find out more good band I'd like to see. And thank god I don't even like Animal Collective, Beach House or Tame Impala! I was gonna give them another chance, but I don't think I have to anymore...

Thursdays is a nightmare (or heaven?) of undercred. I wish it will be somehow possible to catch Suede, Protomartyr, Destroyer, Algiers and Explosions in the Sky, without missing out on LCD. I could live without Air, and Impala I don't like at all (thankfully, otherwise this day will be a clash nightmare).