DanielM17

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 hours ago, Bort said:

That doesn't make sense. Why hold back a band as only a potential replacement when they haven't toured in 20 years instead one of the many bands that was just there the last couple years? More likely they just weren't booked.

I agree it's unlikely but it's what I would do as organiser. Imagine a scenario:

One of the 9 or 10 'headliners' pulls out. Quite likely (look at Fiona Apple, Bjork etc). Huge cries to replace them with equally big acts. Impossible to do this at this late juncture. So announce Lush - an exciting(ish) revival and and people relatively appeased. Or one of the 10 or so second-tiers pulls out and Lush a very nice instant replacement. Or if no-one pulls out, announce them late like a Ratatat. In summary, an ace up PV's sleeve.

Or maybe they couldn't get good headlners for Porto so offering Lush as exclusive for them to placate Porto people.

Or maybe Heineken have put a lot of money into the Hidden Stage this year and Lush to be their big name.

Lots of 'or's!

I don't think there are any a walking distance away that are affordable, assuming you mean a smaller budget. Poblenou your best bet if you have a budget more in the range of 100 euros/night and it is also a charming little area by the beach.

Much more options in town and I would focus on somewhere on the L4/Yellow line so you can take the metro directly into the fest. It also runs all night on Saturday so easier getting back that night.

Edited by calaix

52 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

can anyone recommend any good & reasonably priced hostels/hotels within a good distance from the festival site?

How close you talking? We got an apartment for 50 pounds per night between 2 of us which is 15 to 20mins or so away from the forum.  Getting an apartment is much cheaper but are often the first options to go (and also you run the risk of having your arrangements cancelled)  you often get the benefit of creature comforts you'd expect in any home which you'll need to pay for in a hotel.  There were a lot of options around when we booked in November but it wouldn't surprise me if these are mostly gone by now but it's worth having a look on homeaway/airbnb

Edited by Yesiamaduck

35 minutes ago, calaix said:

I don't think there are any a walking distance away that are affordable, assuming you mean a smaller budget. Poblenou your best bet if you have a budget more in the range of 100 euros/note and it is also a charming little area by the beach.

Much more options in town and I would focus on somewhere on the L4/Yellow line so you can take the metro directly into the fest. It also runs all night on Saturday so easier getting back that night.

Thanks for your help once again Calaix!

6 minutes ago, Yesiamaduck said:

How close you talking? We got an apartment for 50 pounds per night between 2 of us which is 15 to 20mins or so away from the forum.  Getting an apartment is much cheaper but are often the first options to go (and also you run the risk of having your arrangements cancelled)  you often get the benefit of creature comforts you'd expect in any home which you'll need to pay for in a hotel.  There were a lot of options around when we booked in November but it wouldn't surprise me if these are mostly gone by now but it's worth having a look on homeaway/airbnb

anything around 40min walk or less would do fine. Yeah I've just looked on airbnb and found a great place, thanks for the help

1 minute ago, rhg_99 said:

Thanks for your help once again Calaix!

anything around 40min walk or less would do fine. Yeah I've just looked on airbnb and found a great place, thanks for the help

Great! Better a long walk and a singsong on the way home than having to fight the crowds for a bus/taxi!

If there on Wednesday - get in town at one of the Raval gigs or at the Forum for Suede (I think)

If there on Thursday - GET THERE EARLY! - queue will be really bad later with LCD S, Tame Impala, Air etc playing. Get there around 4/5pm and it will be a breeze. Can always leave the site and come back later...

9 minutes ago, calaix said:

If there on Wednesday - get in town at one of the Raval gigs or at the Forum for Suede (I think)

If there on Thursday - GET THERE EARLY! - queue will be really bad later with LCD S, Tame Impala, Air etc playing. Get there around 4/5pm and it will be a breeze. Can always leave the site and come back later...

And yes you get a wristband and card. Need to look after both.

Edited by calaix

4 hours ago, calaix said:

I agree it's unlikely but it's what I would do as organiser. Imagine a scenario:

One of the 9 or 10 'headliners' pulls out. Quite likely (look at Fiona Apple, Bjork etc). Huge cries to replace them with equally big acts. Impossible to do this at this late juncture. So announce Lush - an exciting(ish) revival and and people relatively appeased. Or one of the 10 or so second-tiers pulls out and Lush a very nice instant replacement. Or if no-one pulls out, announce them late like a Ratatat. In summary, an ace up PV's sleeve.

Or maybe they couldn't get good headlners for Porto so offering Lush as exclusive for them to placate Porto people.

Or maybe Heineken have put a lot of money into the Hidden Stage this year and Lush to be their big name.

Lots of 'or's!

Judging by social media responses and things I've noticed and heard, I'm guessing they just aren't booked. 

Who else dropped out besides Bjork, Fiona Apple, Death Cab?

4 minutes ago, Bort said:

Judging by social media responses and things I've noticed and heard, I'm guessing they just aren't booked. 

Who else dropped out besides Bjork, Fiona Apple, Death Cab?

I see, thanks.

Off the top of my head Eels, Diiv, Foxygen, El-P, Death Grips, Rodrigez...