DanielM17

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 hours ago, weston24 said:

Shame they won't be in the park this year, I've booked a hotel even closer to it than I was last year :(

News on the park shows coming soon according to a post by Primavera on Facebook.  I think we'll get them again this year, they aren't normally announced until a couple of months after the line up

1 minute ago, livenstu said:

News on the park shows coming soon according to a post by Primavera on Facebook.  I think we'll get them again this year, they aren't normally announced until a couple of months after the line up

They've already announced that the venue has changed from the park it was in last year though. There's a daily line up too, just no stage splits or anything obviously.

I missed out on the Wednesday gigs last year - arrived too late.

this year we'll be arriving in Barcelona 6:40pm on the Wednesday - so whats the score with the ticket exchange on Wednesdays?

- is it usually in same place at parc del forum?

- what time does it usually close on Wednesday?

really want to see Goat and Suede!

2 hours ago, livenstu said:

Are the park shows the same as the shows throughout the whole week or is it something else?

Does anyone know at which time the Wednesday headliner ussualy plays? I'd love to see Suede, but we're arriving not until 9 pm... Seeing Goat twice in a weekend would be great as well!

52 minutes ago, neontiger8 said:

Are the park shows the same as the shows throughout the whole week or is it something else?

Does anyone know at which time the Wednesday headliner ussualy plays? I'd love to see Suede, but we're arriving not until 9 pm... Seeing Goat twice in a weekend would be great as well!

Last year Albert Hammond jr. played at 21:15 and OMD at 22:25, so I think Suede and Goat will play more or less at the same times. 

4 hours ago, slowdive said:

56a34abec7bd9_Bildschirmfoto2016-01-23um

to me it sounds like it's gonna happen. but maybe it's just some wishful thinking... ;)

What if they weren't asked? Their omission is a serious bummer. Great lineup, sure, but this is a major, glaring flaw. WTF is Primavera's issue?

So regular tickets are going to sell out by next week.

On 1/22/2016 at 6:10 AM, calaix said:

My thoughts...either they signed an exclusive with another Spanish-based festival or perhaps Primavera are keeping them back as a strong replacement for when inevitably someone somewhere cancels...

That doesn't make sense. Why hold back a band as only a potential replacement when they haven't toured in 20 years instead one of the many bands that was just there the last couple years? More likely they just weren't booked.

On 1/21/2016 at 1:23 PM, Yesiamaduck said:

I've dug into the 'lower tier' bands a bit and there is an awful lot of variety and interesting stuff on this line up! Never been to Primevera before and had no idea it was so eclectic. Lots of really weird and wonderful stuff buried within the line up. 

Catch Moses Sumney. His album isn't out yet, but his live shows are phenomenal.

1 hour ago, slowdive said:

Last year they announced ratatat later without a special reason. 2014 the same with future islands as far as i remember.

The last few years a few bands have been added later on

Wedding Present played before Blur unannounced a few years ago. Plus the so called Hidden Stage  line up won't be announced until nearer the time 

2 hours ago, Bort said:

That doesn't make sense. Why hold back a band as only a potential replacement when they haven't toured in 20 years instead one of the many bands that was just there the last couple years? More likely they just weren't booked.

Convinced more bands to be announced. Shellac, DJ Coco and David Gedge always play. No Wedding Present/Cinerama on the line up... Yet! 

3 hours ago, Tilted said:

Convinced more bands to be announced. Shellac, DJ Coco and David Gedge always play. No Wedding Present/Cinerama on the line up... Yet! 

The Wedding Presents played in 2014... don't think it's likely they'll appear again so soon. Primavera usually don't rebook so early (other than Shellac which is a tradition by now...)

Suede 'Night Thoughts' is out two days ago. It will be played in full at the festival, in addition to the free 'Greatest Hits' Suede show in Wednesday. Anyway, I'm yet to hear it but according to all reviews/people I spoke with, it's really really good - much better than expected. Some called it their best since 'Dog Man Star'. It's quite an ambitious concept album, not just another mediocre nostalgia album like Bloodsports.

I'll listen to this today, but by all I've heard so far, we might be in for a treat with this one...

(of course, the only other album to be played in full in the festival is 'Pet Sounds', so that's quite a competition there...)

14 hours ago, yaniv297 said:

The Wedding Presents played in 2014... don't think it's likely they'll appear again so soon. Primavera usually don't rebook so early (other than Shellac which is a tradition by now...)

Cinerama played last year though, all 5 years I've been David Gedge has played either with the Wedding Present or Cinerama 

1 hour ago, yaniv297 said:

Suede 'Night Thoughts' is out two days ago. It will be played in full at the festival, in addition to the free 'Greatest Hits' Suede show in Wednesday. Anyway, I'm yet to hear it but according to all reviews/people I spoke with, it's really really good - much better than expected. Some called it their best since 'Dog Man Star'. It's quite an ambitious concept album, not just another mediocre nostalgia album like Bloodsports.

I'll listen to this today, but by all I've heard so far, we might be in for a treat with this one...

(of course, the only other album to be played in full in the festival is 'Pet Sounds', so that's quite a competition there...)

Didn't feel Bloodsports was a nostalgia album, style wise Night Thoughts isn't that much different