DanielM17

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

I'd thought about Bjork but would they risk it after her pulling out last time and cancelling dates this year as well?

Bjork would be my ultimate pick, but as she apparently refused to tour Vulnicura anymore, I'd say highly unlikely unless she brings out new material in the next 6 months which is again, very doubtful :(

Seen as we are awaiting a completely predictable an unspectacular Beck announcement on Friday.....who do we want on the undercard? I'm wanting Xiu Xiu, Deerhoof, Teenage Fanclub, Drive Like Jehu, Unwound (I can dream), Metz, Halfrican, Hot Chip (only act that could top caribou last year), cloudnothings x wavves, Senores, Far, Explosions in the sky, ghostpoet, boredomes, Mission of Burma and.........Weezer playing the blue album and Pinkerton. I'll settle for drive like jehu ;) 

5 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

Yeah this is ridiculous... I hope they can pull of some great stuff from somewhere, but a lot of great artists are going elsewhere...

Well I think considering Sigur Ros announced just about all their festival dates while BBK are announcing, then they look to be a lock for PS. Sigur Ros, Beck, PJ Harvey and Massive Attack would be four cracking headliners and they all look like happening, and you could just fill in the gaps from there.

PJ Harvey was top of my wishlist  so it's looking good for me.

PJ Harvey, Beck, Sigur Ros, Massive Attack, Deerhunter, Four Tet and Beach House look likely to me, which is a great start.

My next most wanted would be Grimes, any reason so far why she would be doubtful?

Hot Chip were perfect playing before DJ Coco in 2013, hope it's not too soon for a return.

1 hour ago, weston24 said:

PJ Harvey was top of my wishlist  so it's looking good for me.

PJ Harvey, Beck, Sigur Ros, Massive Attack, Deerhunter, Four Tet and Beach House look likely to me, which is a great start.

My next most wanted would be Grimes, any reason so far why she would be doubtful?

Hot Chip were perfect playing before DJ Coco in 2013, hope it's not too soon for a return.

Not really listened to Grimes, but picked up a ticket for her Rock City gig next year to see what the fuss is about

I'll take PJ Harvey, always good live. Also wouldn't be surprised if Disclosure played again. 

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Well I think considering Sigur Ros announced just about all their festival dates while BBK are announcing, then they look to be a lock for PS. Sigur Ros, Beck, PJ Harvey and Massive Attack would be four cracking headliners and they all look like happening, and you could just fill in the gaps from there.

LCD Soundsystem. And then I'm guessing someone more recent that hasn't formally announced anything yet for 2016 but will be touring a new album.

What I want to know is when something will be announced. 

Also, if those are the headliners, which ones does Porto get?

Edited by Bort

Imo the headliners are gonna be Beck, PJ Harvey, The XX, LCD Soundsystem, Bon Iver & The Weeknd. Outsider chances for a special concert of Sufjan Stevens or Joanna Newsom. 

Also appearing: Lush, Hüsker Dü, Ween, Beach House, Deerhunter, Destroyer, Tortoise, Ty Segall, Animal Collective, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Low, Drive Like Jehu.