Posted Images

2 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Last 5 years first announcement dates

PS 2011 - Nov 8

PS 2012 - Nov 11

PS 2013 - Oct 8

PS 2014 - Nov 5

PS 2015 – Nov 14

christ it's late this year. just seen that they've made an official Facebook group for Primavera 2016 on Facebook, so hoping this means that something is coming soon. surely gotta be something before the end of November

1 minute ago, DiscothequeDave said:

You'd like to think so. Can only think that it's proving difficult to get the bands they want or for example they've got someone whos playing Glastonbury and is to be announced for that first (I'm thinking Radiohead)

Or its Prince.

aye it could go either way - struggling to secure names and so having to postpone the announcement, or they've got somebody huge and aren't able to announce it yet for whatever reason. although surely they'd just announce whatever headliners/acts they do have now and wait until later to announce the troublesome ones?

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Sigur Ros announced for a couple of dates in July. Definitely a PS type name. I'd be disappointed if they were a headliner for us though.

Edit. Playing Northside and quite a few other dates now

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/tour/

A cert for PS you'd imagine now. 

They'd definitely be a headliner.

31 minutes ago, StephenF said:

I'd be delighted with sigur ros.....I have a feeling it's more likely LCD over radiohead.

Pearl Jam being mentioned on the Rockwerchter forum quite a lot. Apparently tour dates announced on the 4th December. Could explain the wait. No Spanish dates for 6 years as well.

Can't rule them out can we?

27 minutes ago, StephenF said:

Pearl Jam would be exceptionally upsetting....that fucking voice, muddy guitar.....chaps. No Pearl Jam.

Okay well you needn't worry. Might be a name for Beni or BBK or something, but the way BBK have set off announcing, they're taking on Primavera at their own game. Hopefully PS responds with something soon. :P

7 hours ago, yaniv297 said:

I like PJ ok but they aren't a Primavera band IMO. Fit better at the likes of Werchter.

Sigur Ros is a good shout, personally I don't like them too much but they seem tailor-made for PS...

Also Queens Of The Stone Age were not Primavera Sound material in 2014 but they came. So never say never. ;) 

1 hour ago, ilbeyene said:

Also Queens Of The Stone Age were not Primavera Sound material in 2014 but they came. So never say never. ;) 

Yeah they are and that has no effect on Pearl Jam's suitability.

I've got nothing against Pearl Jam, in fact I like them quite a lot and went to see them only last year but there's no denying that their brand of stadium rock doesn't fit in at PS. Just as you wouldn't see Foo Fighters or Red Hot Chili Peppers or Muse there - it's not their crowd.

Would like to point out that I got sigur ros bang on for Northside and I fully expect Blur to play also ;)......but as for PS has anyone thought of Bjork? I'd love that! Seen her with LCD, Modest Mouse, Mogwai, Jesus and Mary Chain and the Beastie Boys at connect festival in Inverary. In retrospect....some line up :)

Edited by StephenF