Primavera Sound 2016

DanielM17

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm actually a bit worried about shellac, they seemed a bit pissed at being demoted from ATP to the addidas stage....HEALTHs set bled over them occasionally :/ I love Shellac so I hope it's business as usual. Deerhoof are due back I would think, which would be nice.

Yeah I too was a bit annoyed/confused at the stage change. Would hope that they would be asked back and only accept on the term of playing ATP stage. Agree on Deerhoof, would be good to see them again.

Just a bunch of random notes from Spain:

-Shellac guys seem pretty happy to go every year to Barcelona, spend a week on holiday and playing a 50 minutes show. They will be booked as long as Albini don't reform Fugazzi. And when that happens, Primavera guys will remind him how many times they have booked that other band that we all love and will ask him to play there so yeah, 10+ Shellac performances for the Fugazzi reunion seems okay.

-The tour company that manages the Costello Spanish dates said that he wouldn't be playing Primavera Sound. That being said, I can totally see him playing on the main stage on Saturday just before the headliner so who knows.

-Primavera guys were in talks with Prince in order to book him for the 2014 edition but they bailed out since he wouldn't say 'yes' like 1 month before or so. Beck was already booked but he pulled off his European tour and he cancelled them (they even had to remove his name from the line-up movie they made). Beck already confirmed a date in Europe on June so he looks very likely...

Think Beck is a definite, personally. 

Throwing a few more band's into the mix...Has Florence been mentioned as a possible headliner?  Just looking at the Lollapalooza line ups for South America and Tame Impala, Florence and Noel Gallagher seem obvious contenders. Other likely acts from Levitation, which is in Texas the month before PS would be Battles, Flying Lotus and Animal Collective. Chic have confirmed for Coachella and always seem to be up for a festival too.

Plenty of decent bands about next year, no excuse for a sub-standard line up (agreed about Alt-J, not headline material for me.

Edited by DiscothequeDave