Primavera Sound 2016

DanielM17

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A Winged Victory For The Sullen - Action Bronson - Andy Stott - Atlas Sound - Azealia Banks - Beach House - Boreals - Built To Spill - Cashmere Cat - Chromatics - CHVRCHES - Cold War Kids - Courtney Barnett - Crystal Castles - Daniel Avery - Daniel Norgren - Darkstar - Deafheaven - Deerhoof - Deerhunter - Destroyer - Disclosure - DJ Coco - DMA's - Doomstarks ft. Ghostface Killah & Doom - Ducktails - Empress Of - Ezra Furman - Father John Misty - Foals - Four Tet - Frank Ocean - Ghost Culture - Grimes - Hinds - Hot Chip - J Fernandez - Jamie xx - Jenny Lewis - John Talabot - Julia Holter - Justice - Kiasmos ft. Olafur Arnalds - Kurt Vile & The Violators - Leon - Lightning Bolt - Low - Lower Dens - Lush - Marc Pinol - Massive Attack - Majical Cloudz - Miguel - Mura Masa - New Order - Nicolas Jaar - OM - Omar S - Oneotrix Point Never - Pional - PJ Harvey - Protomartyr - Purity Ring - Raketkanon - Rustie - Savages - Shackleton - Shellac - Sufjan Stevens - Swervedriver - Tame Impala - Teenage Fanclub - The Cinematic Orchestra - Thundercat - Titus Andronicus - Todd Terje & The Olsens - Tortoise - Vatican Shadow - Wavves - Waxahatchee - Yo La Tengo - Youth Lagoon

Just a half prediction/half hopeful shout.

Edited by DanielM17

A Winged Victory For The Sullen - Action Bronson - Andy Stott - Atlas Sound - Azealia Banks - Beach House - Boreals - Built To Spill - Cashmere Cat - Chromatics - Cold War Kids - Courtney Barnett - Crystal Castles - Daniel Avery - Daniel Norgren - Darkstar - Deafheaven - Deerhoof - Deerhunter - Destroyer - Disclosure - DJ Coco - DMA's - Doomstarks ft. Ghostface Killah & Doom - Ducktails - Empress Of - Ezra Furman - Father John Misty - Foals - Four Tet - Frank Ocean - Ghost Culture - Grimes - Hinds - Hot Chip - J Fernandez - Jamie xx - Jenny Lewis - John Talabot - Julia Holter - Justice - Kiasmos ft. Olafur Arnalds - Kurt Vile & The Violators - Leon - Lightning Bolt - Low - Lower Dens - Lush - Marc Pinol - Massive Attack - Majical Cloudz - Mura Masa - New Order - Nicolas Jaar - OM - Omar S - Oneotrix Point Never - Pional - PJ Harvey - Protomartyr - Purity Ring - Raketkanon - Rustie - Savages - Shackleton - Shellac - Sufjan Stevens - Swervedriver - Tame Impala - Teenage Fanclub - The Cinematic Orchestra - Thundercat - Titus Andronicus - Todd Terje & The Olsens - Tortoise - Vatican Shadow - Wavves - Waxahatchee - Yo La Tengo - Youth Lagoon

How about this as an edited version of the earlier posted lineup?

Black Sabbath

A bunch of medium acts (Tame Impala, Beach House, Deerhunter. Consider LCD Soundsystem as the bigger act of this day if they're reuniting)

Massive/mainstream headliner

Not a leak, not an inside source but you can be sure this is 80% accurate. Just a little research after knowing (for several years) how they book and work with several bands.

Black Sabbath

A bunch of medium acts (Tame Impala, Beach House, Deerhunter. Consider LCD Soundsystem as the bigger act of this day if they're reuniting)

Massive/mainstream headliner

Not a leak, not an inside source but you can be sure this is 80% accurate. Just a little research after knowing (for several years) how they book and work with several bands.

It'd be nice if Sabbath were to headline but, sadly, I think they're more or less set for Rock am Ring/Rock im Park the same weekend as Primavera and aren't doing back to back dates on their upcoming tour.

It'd be nice if Sabbath were to headline but, sadly, I think they're more or less set for Rock am Ring/Rock im Park the same weekend as Primavera and aren't doing back to back dates on their upcoming tour.

I think so far Sabbath haven't confirmed any dates for Spain or Portugal and only one date for Germany. I reckon they might be playing Rock in Rio Lisbon. Primavera looks like only possible festival in Spain for them, but as u said RaR looks like better option for them.

Sabbath are playing a German arena on June 8th. In fact they announced the European leg just a few weeks ago so I think it's pretty clear that they're not playing any German festival, especially the same fucking month lol.

Primavera staff love to mess around with different genres when conforming the line up. It's usual to see Pitchfork-approved-heavy bands like Deafheaven or Earthless. Besides, they booked Nine Inch Nails (with Kendrick Lamar playing just before them) the same year they booked Arcade Fire so I reckon Sabbath fit perfectly. Their actual tour dates and that gap between Hungary and Germany seems like a confirmation for me.

Sabbath are playing a German arena on June 8th. In fact they announced the European leg just a few weeks ago so I think it's pretty clear that they're not playing any German festival, especially the same fucking month lol.

Primavera staff love to mess around with different genres when conforming the line up. It's usual to see Pitchfork-approved-heavy bands like Deafheaven or Earthless. Besides, they booked Nine Inch Nails (with Kendrick Lamar playing just before them) the same year they booked Arcade Fire so I reckon Sabbath fit perfectly. Their actual tour dates and that gap between Hungary and Germany seems like a confirmation for me.

I've no problem with the suggestion, I even suggested it on the first page.

But that show is actually what pretty much confirms that they'll do a German festival show before that. Germany is the country with the biggest hard rock/metal following in the world and I don't think Black Sabbath's farewell there would be relegated to just one 20k capacity arena show when there are plenty of German festivals in the middle of their tour. Particularly to pass it up to do a Spanish show when they've not bothered playing Spain for nearly twenty years.

Edited by dentalplan

I've no problem with the suggestion, I even suggested it on the first page.

But that show is actually what pretty much confirms that they'll do a German festival show before that. Germany is the country with the biggest hard rock/metal following in the world and I don't think Black Sabbath's farewell there would be relegated to just one 20k capacity arena show when there are plenty of German festivals in the middle of their tour. Particularly to pass it up to do a Spanish show when they've not bothered playing Spain for nearly twenty years.

anyone seen Rock Am Ring facebook's profile update today? looks like Sabbath will be there

Except Rock Am Ring posted a video today hinting at Black Sabbath in the first batch of names. 

A Winged Victory For The Sullen - Action Bronson - Andy Stott - Atlas Sound - Azealia Banks - Beach House - Boreals - Built To Spill - Cashmere Cat - Chromatics - Cold War Kids - Courtney Barnett - Crystal Castles - Daniel Avery - Daniel Norgren - Darkstar - Deafheaven - Deerhoof - Deerhunter - Destroyer - Disclosure - DJ Coco - DMA's - Doomstarks ft. Ghostface Killah & Doom - Ducktails - Empress Of - Ezra Furman - Father John Misty - Foals - Four Tet - Frank Ocean - Ghost Culture - Grimes - Hinds - Hot Chip - J Fernandez - Jamie xx - Jenny Lewis - John Talabot - Julia Holter - Justice - Kiasmos ft. Olafur Arnalds - Kurt Vile & The Violators - Leon - Lightning Bolt - Low - Lower Dens - Lush - Marc Pinol - Massive Attack - Majical Cloudz - Mura Masa - New Order - Nicolas Jaar - OM - Omar S - Oneotrix Point Never - Pional - PJ Harvey - Protomartyr - Purity Ring - Raketkanon - Rustie - Savages - Shackleton - Shellac - Sufjan Stevens - Swervedriver - Tame Impala - Teenage Fanclub - The Cinematic Orchestra - Thundercat - Titus Andronicus - Todd Terje & The Olsens - Tortoise - Vatican Shadow - Wavves - Waxahatchee - Yo La Tengo - Youth Lagoon

How about this as an edited version of the earlier posted lineup?

foals and tame impala arent really headliners. Need to be a couple big ones like LCD Soundsystem. 

Chvrches will probably be back. If Chromatics play, expect Glass Candy, too.