Miley Cyrus

Matt42

Yes it's originated from the sun, yes the article is poorly written and this probably won't even happen. However this is our first tabloid claim rumour to discuss so why the hell not.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/miley-cyrus-being-lined-up-6382081

Hypothetically I could see Miley winning best at a pyramid sub performance or performing with another act. I personally would be very interested by the booking as she's an artist which tries her hardest to break free of the 'standard pop shite' claims and tries to be a bit different!

Thoughts

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

performing with another act

If she did live performances with The Flaming Lips it's be fucking incredible, easily have enough material together now to pull it off. Chuck in a few of those Beatles covers and some Lips classics and you've got a winner. Obviously don't think it'll happen, but she'd easily nail a Glastonbury set on her own anyway,

Looking at her last tour set lists, she does Can't be Tamed and Party in the USA, but sadly no Can't be Tamed :(

I might go and see her for a laugh. She has some good songs, all the bollocks aside.

She has some good songs, Jesus ! That statement is pure madness Edited by swede

Looking at her last tour set lists, she does Can't be Tamed and Party in the USA, but sadly no Can't be Tamed :(

huh?

probably won't happen, but i think she'd be a great booking. the festival needs the occasional act like her up there to mix things up a bit, and in terms of big pop acts who wouldn't necessarily need to headline, she'd be a great one - her last tour was apparently nuts, and considering the weirdness of the new album, i bet the next will be as well. and obviously the Flaming Lips would almost definitely take part in some capacity (and do their own set somewhere as well, of course)

Is the new album actually any good? I listened to that Bangerz out of curiously and it was horrendous.

it's a bit of a bloody mess and could use a huge edit (although i think the whole point of it is that it's stupidly long and really all over the place), but i enjoyed it - i'm quite surprised at the sub par reviews it's getting really

I listened to a few songs off her latest album and I couldn't tell if they were genuinely good or they were so bad they were enjoyable in a bad way. Probably a bit of both.

I'd probably see her if friends were going and there was nothing else on and I could prise myself away from the bar. Can't be worse than when Lady Gaga played and spent the whole time talking about doing acid.

I listened to a few songs off her latest album and I couldn't tell if they were genuinely good or they were so bad they were enjoyable in a bad way. Probably a bit of both.

yeah most of the songs have a shambolic twee quality about them - there's a song about her dead dog, and another about her dead blowfish; says it all really - but i really enjoyed it. gonna be interesting to see where she goes from here, as there aren't any big singles here, and it isn't an album for the masses

yeah most of the songs have a shambolic twee quality about them - there's a song about her dead dog, and another about her dead blowfish; says it all really - but i really enjoyed it. gonna be interesting to see where she goes from here, as there aren't any big singles here, and it isn't an album for the masses

I read that this album doesn't count towards her multi album deal, so she'll probably return to what she's told to do after this.

While I do appreciate a song about unusual subject matter, her lyrics are so awful the album, or at least the songs I heard, would be improved if she just sang random words from the dictionary.

And yeah, I doubt this will be a permanent career move and she'll be back to releasing more standard pop soon enough. Or maybe not. Who can tell with her.

Edit: Having just heard the blowfish song, I really enjoyed the lyrics to that, but I can't hear it as anything other than a comedy song which I'm not sure was her intention.

Edited by Untz

Popular for all the wrong reasons. She can't sing and wouldn't suit Glastonbury.

Away, of course she would suit Glastonbury, the festival has got to have that hint of madness, there's got to be some diversity in the line up and hey, why not Miley

I'm not championing her music in fact I know next to none of it, you don't need to watch her, but if she played the pyramid maybe 3rd/4th down, I guarantee you thousands would

Popular for all the wrong reasons. She can't sing and wouldn't suit Glastonbury.

She can definitely sing. Her songs might not be much good for the most part but yeah she can sing - someone posted up a video of her doing a Paul Simon cover at the SNL 40 thing and it was spectacular. And popular for the wrong reasons? i don't completely follow but if it's to do with her demeanor then it's her body and she can do what she wants.

I think the most interesting part of it would be the stage show really, if that was kept for the festival. I definitely don't expect The Flaming Lips to be following her around considering they have different plans and different managers and agents I assume.

Edited by dentalplan