Ticket sale date

brettredmayne

Some interesting comments about Campervan tickets and the sale date being muted as October.

Campervan tickets for 2016 will be released as part of the accommodation sale, alongside Worthy View and Tipis in mid-late October.

As with your Festival tickets, campervan tickets are non-transferable and will include the name and address of the lead booker. Attempts to re-sell them may result in their cancellation. If you book a campervan ticket and later change your mind, refunds are available prior to the ticket refund deadline; subject to an administration charge of £10.

Some interesting comments about Campervan tickets and the sale date being muted as October.

Campervan tickets for 2016 will be released as part of the accommodation sale, alongside Worthy View and Tipis in mid-late October.

As with your Festival tickets, campervan tickets are non-transferable and will include the name and address of the lead booker. Attempts to re-sell them may result in their cancellation. If you book a campervan ticket and later change your mind, refunds are available prior to the ticket refund deadline; subject to an administration charge of £10.

Is that on the main website whisty?(sorry,only got slow link abroad on phone currently so can't check yet). This would be not good for me as I was counting on buying a cv ticket via friends with tickets and getting my ticket in the resale, worst case scenario, if I miss in October. :-(

Is that on the main website whisty?(sorry,only got slow link abroad on phone currently so can't check yet). This would be not good for me as I was counting on buying a cv ticket via friends with tickets and getting my ticket in the resale, worst case scenario, if I miss in October. :-(

Hi Carlos, yes from the main site mate :). It says something similar about Tipis also coming on sale in October, not sure if that's a change also.

Edited by whisty

Hi Carlos, yes from the main site mate :). It says something similar about Tipis also coming on sale in October, not sure if that's a change also.

Cheers. I managed to read that link. Just bizarre to buy them before paying off the ticket balance. I'm bricking it. How on earth do they manage this if a group of 6 buy a CV ticket and 2 car park tickets etc? Does the lead booker have to enter in the CV? This is rhetorical panic, you don't have to answer. Pants.

It's probably a fair decision, there were plenty swopping hands this year, so prevents the risk of people making a profit on them. 

bit worried about this campervan malarkey, when we have been unsuccessful in the main sale ( i.e. more often than not) we have always got a friend who has bought a ticket to get us one when they pay the ticket balance off in the hope that we would get a ticket in the resale which (fingers crossed and not wanting to tempt fate) we have always managed to do,  but if we hadn't we would have sold it on at face value or less or just taken the hit on the money paid out.

I understand that they do want to stop touting but when most of the tickets seemed to change hands on this site for face value thanks to bonedaddy stone circle and the like (who do a great job for no reward) it can't be that much of an issue surely?

I'm sure that previously you could only buy a CV Field ticket after one of the group had paid for a ticket in full - normally in the Spring.  So offering CV Field tickets this early before full payment has been made would seem to be new.