Bennicassim 2016

alexwetherell

I'm in fella , already joined but how will it differ from efestivals , although I do think they have been poor in recent years , they were really good at the rumour , strong rumour , confirmed thing but we had none of it for the last few years , I did ask the question but got no reply , so how do you think you can do it better ? Do you have inside info ? Have you the power to make Leftfield play again ? Foo's ? Royal Blood ? I'm with you and will support the site and if it does what it says on the tin will spread the word 

Well the previous group was useful to many because Facebook is so popular and simple, the group is a good extra to have as well as this site. On this site (efestivals) they'll be more detail and more passionate festival goers, whilst on the Facebook group they'll be more members, pictures, and networking. It's worth joining but like me, I'd use both sites. 

Nice one Ged

-

-

I've created a Facebook group for those attending Beni in 2016.

One created for the 2014 edition was a great success with hundreds of members and help and info for the festival, line-up rumours and updates, news from artists set to play, Q&A for people in need.

This group is for all the guys and galls heading to Beni next summer and for helping each other out: https://www.facebook.com/groups/981521405222213/

fiblogo.thumb.jpg.c83a5ec47fb425838b5010

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, alexwetherell said:

When do you think they'll have an announcement with some bands on? Desperate to know if the Stone Roses are going to be there (i'm hoping they're not).

why hoping they're not ? you not a fan or got Manchester tickets ?

On 10 November 2015 at 15:14:04, gedkelly said:

why hoping they're not ? you not a fan or got Manchester tickets ?

Yeah, just not a fan really. I've tried listening to them quite a bit but just can't get into them. And as Paul said, they won't come cheap so if FiB wanted them to play, the rest of the line up might not be too great. 

valid argument , I am a fan and for me it was almost worth it in 2012 . I got tickets for Manchester so wouldn't break my heart if they didn't play , would love to see foo's , slaves , royal blood chemical bros knife party . I've been years when I thought the overall line up was poor 2012 a good example of that but had the best of times none the less

28 minutes ago, andytommo said:

So it's the Pixies for BBK - I love this time of year, and over the next few weeks, as the main EU festivals start making their first announcements.  Who'll be first name out of the hat for FIB?

I think maybe Stone Roses or Coldplay... When do FIB usually announce first acts?

The Last Shadow Puppets are definitely a shout for Beni 16!

The Last Shadow Puppets' New Album Is "Recorded" And Ready For 2016

Other bands/artists who are touring or have new album's out who I'd like to see (or I can imagine being announced) are New Order, David Bowie, Blossoms, Richard Ashcroft, Gorillaz, Suede, Kurt Vile, Guy Harvey, Will Smith, Garbage, Editors, Bloc Party, Foals, Maccabees, The Sunshine Underground, Stone Roses, Chvrches, Muse, Coldplay, and the Chemical Brothers. Beni get a majority of guitar bands on, but feature a few pop and electronic music acts in the line-up too.

tumblr_lw00in3j371qiw2ddo1_1280.jpg

On 17/11/2015, 18:00:26, alexwetherell said:

I think maybe Stone Roses or Coldplay... When do FIB usually announce first acts?

When the Roses played back in 2012, it was announced early Nov.  For 2013 (Arctics/Killers) first acts were announced just a couple of days before Xmas.  Hopefully there'll be something announced in Dec, if not, early Jan.  (I'd say that if The Stone Roses were playing, it might coincide with an announcement for some other EU/UK dates of theirs?)

4 hours ago, andytommo said:

When the Roses played back in 2012, it was announced early Nov.  For 2013 (Arctics/Killers) first acts were announced just a couple of days before Xmas.  Hopefully there'll be something announced in Dec, if not, early Jan.  (I'd say that if The Stone Roses were playing, it might coincide with an announcement for some other EU/UK dates of theirs?)

For the 2014 line-up I remember the first acts were announced in January. Only a handful though and then another handful at Easter...

On 17/11/2015, 18:00:26, alexwetherell said:

Coldplay have just announced their own massive concert at the Olympic Stadium, Barcelona, in May, so I think the chances of them playing FIB next year are now zilch.  The same for Bowie.  Manic Street Preachers, doing a few other gigs playing out the Everything Must Go album (20 year anniversary), would be a good shout as main stage support one of the nights.  I saw The Vaccines this week, who were superb, and it's been about 4 years since they played - they'd also make a decent main stage support for 2016.

1 hour ago, LeBrummie said:

What's the difference between Villacamp tickets at 80€ and 4 day tickets at 100€?

Your €100 ticket gives you 8 days basic/standard camping (Mon-Mon), plus entry into the 4 days of festival (Thu-Sun).  The extra €80 for Villacamp, the better standard of camping (located about a mile from the festival site and main camping area), is a supplement you purchase on top of your regular €100 ticket, so in effect you pay €180 (€100 + €80) to go to the festival, and stay in the better, less basic, camping site option (also Mon-Mon).  I'm not too sure if it's worth the extra €80, as we always stay in a hotel.  You do get the option to take a shuttle bus (at a fee) to/from Villacamp, to the festival site, which run all night.  And there's a big/cheap Lidl next door to Villacamp, plus a brand new Burger King, which appeared to be open 24hrs a day this year.  It's also closer to the beach (about 15-20 min walk away), when you stay at Villacamp.  Hope this helps?

3 minutes ago, atomised said:

Major lazer confirmed for the thursday

"Undoubtedly the artist of the year" - erm, maybe not, and a fairly weak headliner, but it is only Thursday, and someone who I wouldn't mind seeing.  The expansion of South Beach, and introduction of a Dance Stage, is something I'm excited about.  SB area was one of the best things about FIB'15

19 minutes ago, Ged Devereux said:

Whereabouts is south beach? Cant see it on the map! Also i was there in 2013 and have they moved villa camp? I thought it was near the aqua park, on last years map its got it at the other side of town?

SB was through the entrance and straight down and its on the right

2 hours ago, Ged Devereux said:

Whereabouts is south beach? Cant see it on the map! Also i was there in 2013 and have they moved villa camp? I thought it was near the aqua park, on last years map its got it at the other side of town?

Yeah, for the past 2 years Villacamp has been at the far end of town, next to the Lidl.

Agree that from a UK perspective that Major Lazer is a poor headliner, but he is massive in Spain, esp Madrid (according to Spotify) so not a huge surprise he is headlining. I am also hopping that with the extension of South Beach means that hopefully there will be more Bands on the 2 main stages after the headliners. Having Bastille on after Portishead this year(2015) was great. Jake Bugg, Johnny Marr, or Miles Kane on after Stereophonics or Mumford & Sons for example would brilliant, with maybe Garbage, Vaccines or Catfish & the Bottlemen on before them. I also hope that Kula Shaker, and or OCS make an appearance. For me the remaining headliners are more likely to be

Stone Roses, Mumford & Sons & Red Hot Chilli Peppers  

1 hour ago, demondrummer said:

Agree that from a UK perspective that Major Lazer is a poor headliner, but he is massive in Spain, esp Madrid (according to Spotify) so not a huge surprise he is headlining. I am also hopping that with the extension of South Beach means that hopefully there will be more Bands on the 2 main stages after the headliners. Having Bastille on after Portishead this year(2015) was great. Jake Bugg, Johnny Marr, or Miles Kane on after Stereophonics or Mumford & Sons for example would brilliant, with maybe Garbage, Vaccines or Catfish & the Bottlemen on before them. I also hope that Kula Shaker, and or OCS make an appearance. For me the remaining headliners are more likely to be

Stone Roses, Mumford & Sons & Red Hot Chilli Peppers  

Is he? Last time he played in Spain was in august and only performed in Barcelona in Razzmatazz (2.000 people venue) and Rototom Festival in Benicassim (a cool reggae festival). In spanish forums people are talking shit about ML headlining FIB with the same argument: In Spain is not to big but in Europe it is...

On 30 November 2015 12:32:13, andytommo said:

New Order confirmed to play BBK, so I guess them appearing at FIB will now be unlikely (likewise Pixies, M83, Courtney Barnett).  That's a shame. Current score; BBK 6-1 FIB

Could do with another announcement , get people interested .