Bennicassim 2016

alexwetherell

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Bluemail said:

Currently sitting in departures sipping on a cold pint :). It's official I'm coming. This is my second year but I would like to say thanks to rpfranks who has been this years Beni guru as he has answered the finer details I was after :D. since if it's your first year you just bimble about and stagger and the main essentials fall into place. Ie finding the mercado ( although walking it past it twice thinking it was like a bhs store), finding the beach, and what the booze/food is like inside. But on reflection this is what makes Beni great. The acts are good/great but I feel it's more the banter and what not that kicks about that's good. 

P.s may be a little tipsy :):):) 

No worries!

have a good one pal

4 hours ago, officialluket30 said:

Does anyone know how busy it normally is it get in to the festival in the morning? I've been to Glastonbury, Reading and IOW where it's hectic first thing. Is that the same thing at Beni?

Festival site doesn't usually open until 6pm in the evening, and it's never very busy to get in, especially early doors.  It's amazingly relaxed and easy a festival to get in/out/around, compared to the likes of Glasto/Reading/V/T - you'll be very pleasantly surprised.  Max capacity is only usually around 25k-35k per night, so enjoy getting to/from the furthest stages within about a 5 minute walk, and no queues (hardly ever) at the main covered toliet block, with proper loo's, and getting a drink in some of the bars without having to queue, even at busy points during the weekend!!!

1 hour ago, Bluemail said:

Quick question. Will there be bars that will being showing football over the weekend as I want to catch the rangers v Motherwell game

You might struggle, tbf.  Beni is very traditionally Spanish, so you don't get the same type of pubs that you do in other commercial Spanish resorts, which are totally catered for Brits/Irish.  There's a pub on the Main Street in Beni town called Chelsea Pub, which I think has shown the footy, but for a Rangers game, it might not be featured.

Hi guys :)

Just wondering if there's anything else to do in Benicassim other than the festival? Bars etc?

I'm organising a hen party for next year and we're thinking of doing 2 nights at the festival then 2 nights just doing our own thing but I've never been before so don't know what's what!

Cheers,

Ashley

9 minutes ago, hutch500 said:

Just wondering if there's anything else to do in Benicassim other than the festival? Bars etc?

I'm organising a hen party for next year and we're thinking of doing 2 nights at the festival then 2 nights just doing our own thing but I've never been before so don't know what's what!

Cheers,

Ashley

There's not a great deal to do, I have to admit, other than the festival in Beni.  If I were you, I'd do a couple of nights in Valencia (only an hour away) and 2 nights at the festival, or Barcelona instead of Valencia, but that's 3 hours away.  Thursday tends to be a more low-key night, as usually the weakest night of the festival, so if you were picking 2 nights to do the festival I'd do Fri + Sat, or Sat + Sun

8 minutes ago, andytommo said:

There's not a great deal to do, I have to admit, other than the festival in Beni.  If I were you, I'd do a couple of nights in Valencia (only an hour away) and 2 nights at the festival, or Barcelona instead of Valencia, but that's 3 hours away.  Thursday tends to be a more low-key night, as usually the weakest night of the festival, so if you were picking 2 nights to do the festival I'd do Fri + Sat, or Sat + Sun

Thanks for the info, I thought there wasn't much else to do from what I've read. Probably just do each night at the festival in that case to save the hassle of going back and forwards between places.

Thanks again :)

16 hours ago, hutch500 said:

Cheers,

Ashley

Its my first Beni but i have been to hen party this year in Valencia and we had a great time so can recommend it. Im doing a few days in Valencia after Beni this week as i liked it so much.

Do it youll have fun!

ok now this is the most important question for me as we get into the proper festivities. Where can I get some irn bru please. I will buy someone a drink if they can name me a shop that sells it in Beni town :):)

Edited by Bluemail

On 7/18/2016 at 4:34 PM, rpfranks said:

Well how good was that?!

Not long been back but that's the best one I've ever been to. Loved Major Lazer, Skepta, Kendrick, Muse, Vaccines, Biffy, ending every night in Club Fib until 7am and loads more. See you all next year ?!

Absolutely amazing! Great to meet you and cheers for lending me your foot pump! Fib 2017 tickets purchased and Leeds festival in 5 weeks! Happy Days!

On 7/18/2016 at 4:34 PM, rpfranks said:

Well how good was that?!

Not long been back but that's the best one I've ever been to. Loved Major Lazer, Skepta, Kendrick, Muse, Vaccines, Biffy, ending every night in Club Fib until 7am and loads more. See you all next year ?!

Beyond amazing!  I loved every single second of it.  Saw some great bands but most importantly, met some amazing people.  Loved nipping to the supermarket for our daily bottle of 7 euros gin, beers, cool bag and ice and sitting outside the festival for a few hours mingling.  Loved that everything was so close together so clashes weren't a major issue.  Loved the absolute lack of mud!  Love finally hearing Unfinished Sympathy live for the first time - Many tears were shed!  

Will be back next year without a shadow of a doubt

• 6 months later...