Bennicassim 2016

alexwetherell

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been checking last years announcements ( just been made redundant so far too much time on my hands ) and it was mid January when we got announcements last year .

That's effing miles away , can't wait for some names .

I'll have a pint bet with anyone Stereophonics play .

Booked up again - 5th year on the trot. €85 early birds (£60), usual hotel, and flights from Bristol to Castellon. Replied to the email, asking for Foals, Disclosure & Catfish. Would be ace to have a big headliner such as Foo's, Muse or Coldplay announced early, ie this side of Xmas, to boost some early sales. It'll be another ace weekend though, I'm certain.

What's the chances of say foals, biffy clyro, libertines and muse/foos as the headliner with the courteeners, catfish and maccabees dotted about.

Never been to beni before but after going to glasto since 2008 and missing out yesterday our groups looking at other options and Beni is top of my list.

What's the chances of say foals, biffy clyro, libertines and muse/foos as the headliner with the courteeners, catfish and maccabees dotted about.

Never been to beni before but after going to glasto since 2008 and missing out yesterday our groups looking at other options and Beni is top of my list.

All I can say is , get ya sen to Beni it's more flip flop than wellies , the hardcore will tell you camping is where the fun is at but I'm fat and old and get an apartment . See you down the front x

All I can say is , get ya sen to Beni it's more flip flop than wellies , the hardcore will tell you camping is where the fun is at but I'm fat and old and get an apartment . See you down the front x

Haha, camping is where it's at! But it's a fucking struggle in the heat. The great thing compared to UK fests is that music doesn't start until quite late so you have the whole day to recover which will involve going to the beach, getting something to eat and then refueling on alcohol at the supermarket. Then by the time you get back to camp the weather is a bit cooler and you can get on it again with plenty of time before the 'good' music starts.

Don't expect too much from the line-up, I'm never that impressed with it. But if you're like me then one band to look forward each night is enough. The crowd is basically a UK festival in Spain so expect the rowdyness you get from UK fests but with the late night scheduling and much hot weather. 

Also, I definitely recommend going to the water park across the road from the festival one of the days. The beach can get a bit monotonous 4 days (or however many you go for) on the trot and the water park sorts out your hangover like a treat.

Massive Attack touring next year

Yeah, I just saw that.  Would be good to have Massive Attack.  I'd quite like to see Foals given headliner status too, which I think they could carry off well, especially on the Thu night.  I reckon that New Order will be doing the EU festival circuit as well next summer, especially with this new album doing so well, so wouldn't be surprised if they were also given a headliner spot too.  Foals, Muse, Strokes & New Order would be a decent foursome to headline next July!!!