Bennicassim 2016

alexwetherell

5 minutes ago, mufc32 said:

Can't say any of those additions do anything for me aside from DJ Shadow. Was hoping for New Order and the Last Shadow Puppets.

I'd love both, but gave up hoping a few weeks ago when NO were announced for BBK, and TLSP for Primavera. Generally, there's exclusivity clauses in Spanish festival contracts.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, idioteque87 said:

Yeah there is a severe lack of bands to be honest. Thursday looks terrible, to the point where i'm not sure I'd even bother going in. 

Hope that they do announce a flurry of bands but it's not looking likely to be honest. 

Really wish I had have booked NOS instead. 

I think Thursday is weak , my son thinks Thursday is fantastic . That's just the way it is 

5 minutes ago, idioteque87 said:

Yeah there is a severe lack of bands to be honest. Thursday looks terrible, to the point where i'm not sure I'd even bother going in. 

Hope that they do announce a flurry of bands but it's not looking likely to be honest. 

Really wish I had have booked NOS instead. 

There will be plenty more bands I'm sure. Probably not the right time to make your mind up about the line up. Plus there are some really good acts already announced.

Edited by mufc32

There's definitely a gradual switch occurring, in music policy at Beni.  And I'm not too sure I like it.   BBK and NOS line-ups, I have to admit, look better for my ears this year, but then they're not Beni, so they have no beach, no laid-back small town minutes walk from festival, no proper loos, and no bars/pisswalls by stages whereby you can nip for a beer/wee and get sorted immediately, whilst still enjoying your bands favourite songs!!!  Beni is just the best festival experience out there, and the line up is already looking strong, and will only get stronger, with hopefully some more indie/guitar stuff getting added over the next 3 months.  I'm still glad I got my £65 early bird!!!

Edited by andytommo

4 minutes ago, andytommo said:

There's definitely a gradual switch occurring, in music policy at Beni.  And I'm not too sure I like it.   BBK and NOS line-ups, I have to admit, look better for my ears this year, but then they're not Beni, so they have no beach, no laid-back small town minutes walk from festival, no proper loos, and no bars/pisswalls by stages whereby you can nip for a beer/wee and get sorted immediately, whilst still enjoying your bands favourite songs!!!  Beni is just the best festival experience out there, and the line up is already looking strong, and will only get stronger, with hopefully some more indie/guitar stuff getting added over the next 3 months.  I'm still glad I got my £65 early bird!!!

Well said that man , I am on my 7th Beni and haven't always thought the line up was the best but it is ALWAYS the best of fun , bring it on .

hey guys, its been 5 years since my last benicassim (had to do august festivals because of school and work), thinking of coming back this year, my memory on how they sort the lineup is a bit vague, do you guys think skepta and major lazer shows will clash? and how about muse and disclosure? also if anyone has estimates on when 4 day tickets will run out, and for hotels that might still have room if i decide to buy my ticket soon, all of this will be greatly appreciated. 

Hey guys, never been to the festival before but seriously considering it this year due to how cheap it is as well. What's the deal with the camping though, the poster says 8 days? I'd probably only end up getting the 3 day ticket because the Thursday doesn't appeal to me that much though.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

4 hours ago, Sharger said:

hey guys, its been 5 years since my last benicassim (had to do august festivals because of school and work), thinking of coming back this year, my memory on how they sort the lineup is a bit vague, do you guys think skepta and major lazer shows will clash? and how about muse and disclosure? also if anyone has estimates on when 4 day tickets will run out, and for hotels that might still have room if i decide to buy my ticket soon, all of this will be greatly appreciated. 

I've been going for the last 5 years, and 4 day tickets haven't sold out. Attendance numbers have been 25k-45k during this period. This year won't sell out either, although prices may increase one more time between now and fest.  The past 3 years there's only been 2 out of the 3 stages open in the Thu night, which is still a lot more low key. I'm not expecting Skepta & Major Lazer to clash, as I'm sure they will both be main stage on this first night.  There's still usually a big dance/electronic act which comes on the main stage at 3am-4am, after the nights main stage headliner finishes their 1am-2.30am slot. As such, I'm expecting Muse to do the 1am headline set, then Disclosure to follow them at 3am.  It will be madness if they put Disclosure on stage 2 to clash with Muse.  Regarding hotels, people seem to be still booking recently to stay at the Orange, and other Intur properties in the resort, but remember there's usually a minimum stay of 4n/5n, otherwise hefty supplements apply.  You'll always get cheaper hotels in Oropesa or Castellon, but then have the extra few miles of travelling to and from the festival site which isn't ideal.  If you can, try and get somewhere within walking distance of festival site, as the taxi situation between 2am-5am seems to get worse year by year.  It's still an ace festival though - nothing's changes there!!!

Edited by andytommo

12 minutes ago, mttJ said:

Hey guys, never been to the festival before but seriously considering it this year due to how cheap it is as well. What's the deal with the camping though, the poster says 8 days? I'd probably only end up getting the 3 day ticket because the Thursday doesn't appeal to me that much though.

Campsite opens the Monday before the festival, and you have to be out the following Monday lunchtime (festival is Thu-Sun). If you buy the 4 day ticket, this comes with your free camping for 8 days, but you can just rock up with your tent on the Friday, and pitch it wherever you can.  I've never camped there, always stay in hotel, so I'd imagine all the better camping spots would be gone to those who arrive earlier in the week, but someone else might better answer this question.

14 hours ago, andytommo said:

I've been going for the last 5 years, and 4 day tickets haven't sold out. Attendance numbers have been 25k-45k during this period. This year won't sell out either, although prices may increase one more time between now and fest.  The past 3 years there's only been 2 out of the 3 stages open in the Thu night, which is still a lot more low key. I'm not expecting Skepta & Major Lazer to clash, as I'm sure they will both be main stage on this first night.  There's still usually a big dance/electronic act which comes on the main stage at 3am-4am, after the nights main stage headliner finishes their 1am-2.30am slot. As such, I'm expecting Muse to do the 1am headline set, then Disclosure to follow them at 3am.  It will be madness if they put Disclosure on stage 2 to clash with Muse.  Regarding hotels, people seem to be still booking recently to stay at the Orange, and other Intur properties in the resort, but remember there's usually a minimum stay of 4n/5n, otherwise hefty supplements apply.  You'll always get cheaper hotels in Oropesa or Castellon, but then have the extra few miles of travelling to and from the festival site which isn't ideal.  If you can, try and get somewhere within walking distance of festival site, as the taxi situation between 2am-5am seems to get worse year by year.  It's still an ace festival though - nothing's changes there!!!

Disclosure are too big to be put on at 3am. They will be directly on before Muse I reckon.

14 hours ago, mttJ said:

We camped last year. It was sweltering and we didn't get much sleep, about 3 or 4 hours per night / morning. Pay the extra for a hotel if you can or at least get into Villa Camp which is an extra £80 I think.

Does anyone have any recommended places for hotels? I've never been but we are finishing a mini-tour around Europe with Benicassim so would ideally like a decent nights sleep! I have no idea of the structure/layout of this festival but I've been told to get a hotel near the beach? Is that relatively close?

12 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

Does anyone have any recommended places for hotels? I've never been but we are finishing a mini-tour around Europe with Benicassim so would ideally like a decent nights sleep! I have no idea of the structure/layout of this festival but I've been told to get a hotel near the beach? Is that relatively close?

We usually stay at Hotel Intur Orange. I think it might be the closest one to the festival. About 20 minute walk away, you can hear the sound checks from your balcony in the day time and depending on which side of the hotel you're on and how high your balcony is you can see the main stage from your balcony as well apparently. It has a pool, bar, mini fridge in your room and a really good all you can eat breakfast buffet every morning!

We liked spending afternoons drinking cheap sangria on the balcony and playing the 'guess who's soundchecking game' last year :-)

20 minutes ago, Sharger said:

booked my room at the intour orange and my flight, real excited about this, hope we get more good names

They are supposed to be expanding South Beach this year so will need names for that , I would imagine most would be local DJ's but there's potential for lots of fun 

On 17/2/2016 at 11:37 AM, Lord Rooster said:
2 hours ago, wedgie said:

Can anyone remember what dates the trains come out on renfe, need to book a train to Barcelona on the 18th

They used to have a 62-day rule but that seems to have gone by the wayside. Had to book a train to Barcelona for Primavera and there was no other option but to check their website every day until one day you found they've stuck up several weeks of trains with no warning.

Edited by Hip Priest

19 hours ago, wedgie said:

Can anyone remember what dates the trains come out on renfe, need to book a train to Barcelona on the 18th

checked yesterday and you can book up to middle of june at the moment. best to keep checking every day for cheapest deals.

We were planning an Interrailing trip leading up to Benicassim. Do you think we might need to book a train out of the festival (due to numbers) or would we be okay  with our standard Interrailing passes? Apologies, just hoping someone here might have done it before!

Looking at finally going to Benicassim (using the better halves birthday as an excuse!) and looking for some advice on hotels. I have found a package (4 nights and standard ticket) through the Festicket website called NH Castellon Turcosa. 

Just wondered if anyone has ever stayed there or knows how far it is from the site? Ideally would like walking distance or a short taxi ride. 

Cheers