Bennicassim 2016

alexwetherell

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone any ideas about day splits?  We know Major Lazer will headline Thursday and someone said further up that Kendrick must be the Sunday headliner due to other commitments that weekend.  Has anyone done any investigation into any of the bands and when they are likely to play.  Trying to decide whether to fly over Friday morning instead of Thursday, which would allow me to do T in the Park the weekend before as well...

10 hours ago, HappyWednesday said:

Anyone any ideas about day splits?  We know Major Lazer will headline Thursday and someone said further up that Kendrick must be the Sunday headliner due to other commitments that weekend.  Has anyone done any investigation into any of the bands and when they are likely to play.  Trying to decide whether to fly over Friday morning instead of Thursday, which would allow me to do T in the Park the weekend before as well...

Have you been to Beni before? In the past 3 or 4 years, stage 2 is closed off on Thu night, and if you look at daily splits during this period you'll see there's only about two-thirds of the acts on a Thu, compared to Fri, Sat, Sun. I think everything finishes a bit earlier too on the Thu, at about 4am, compared to 6am-7am the rest of the weekend.  It's always a lot quieter on Thu night, especially as the majority of the Spanish/French crowd arrive for Fri-Sun. Most Brits/Irish are there all week! First bands on about 6.30pm Friday, so might be worth heading over Fri morning, if you're not too struck on missing one night, and ML headlining.  Haven't a clue on other day splits yet though.

Edited by andytommo

On 10/02/2016 at 2:03 PM, mufc32 said:

They do share acts with Nos Alive. Chemical Brothers are headlining there this year as did The Prodigy last year. Also the 1975 are playing both.

Yeah, couldn't be arsed to do my research - was just going from memory and I knew that there were certain ones where they definitely didn't share acts, and others where there was a fair bit of crossover. Guess I got them mixed up. *shameface*

On 2/11/2016 at 1:52 PM, HappyWednesday said:

I did T back to back with Beni last year without a hotel or anything in-between, straight to Edinburugh to Reus airport...fuck, that tent stunk

22 hours ago, andytommo said:

Have you been to Beni before? In the past 3 or 4 years, stage 2 is closed off on Thu night, and if you look at daily splits during this period you'll see there's only about two-thirds of the acts on a Thu, compared to Fri, Sat, Sun. I think everything finishes a bit earlier too on the Thu, at about 4am, compared to 6am-7am the rest of the weekend.  It's always a lot quieter on Thu night, especially as the majority of the Spanish/French crowd arrive for Fri-Sun. Most Brits/Irish are there all week! First bands on about 6.30pm Friday, so might be worth heading over Fri morning, if you're not too struck on missing one night, and ML headlining.  Haven't a clue on other day splits yet though.

Yeah I've been the last 2 years and always flown out first thing Thursday morning.  Two years ago it was quiet on all 4 days never mind just the Thursday!  Last year it only really got properly busy for the Blur / Los Planetas Saturday.  Sorely tempted for T the weekend before but wouldn't want to miss any decent acts on the Thursday.  I can see them sticking a couple of decent sized ones on underneath ML.  Also, with the expanded South Beach area I was wondering if they may even do away with one of the other stages and go down to two and a bigger South Beach.  The 3rd stage is always a bit of a waste in my opinion, with it being that weird bus thing last year.  I assume Trench Town has been kicked into touch...

1 hour ago, Pweatherley said:

anyone know if we have all 4 headliners in place?  NME doesn't word chemical brothers as a headliner in their report - could just be wishful thinking though

From a brief look in the artists section on the FIB website, ML, Kendrick and Muse are the only acts being classed as headliners out of the top billed names, so I think it's safe to assume there'll be another headliner to come.

1 hour ago, Lord Rooster said:

There's nothing on there that specifically references them headlining FIB, unlike the profile pages for the other three headliners.

THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS TO HEADLINE WITH MULTI-SENSORY LIVE SHOW , you mean apart from that bit ?

24 minutes ago, Lord Rooster said:

On a follow-up point, does that make The National less likely for this and more likely for BBK, would you think?  Providing they end up doing a Spanish festival date at all, of course.

not sure mate to be honest , Not a fan so I really don't follow them at all , I do think there are more names to come , and probably 30 or so names i'm not aware of , so if you are a fan i'll cross my fingers for you mate

6 hours ago, Lord Rooster said:

On a follow-up point, does that make The National less likely for this and more likely for BBK, would you think?  Providing they end up doing a Spanish festival date at all, of course.

I still think The National are more likely to play Beni, and on the Friday night, than play BBK.  Major Lazer - Thu, Chemical Brothers/National - Fri, Muse - Sat, Kendrick Lamar - Sun (???)

1 hour ago, andytommo said:

I still think The National are more likely to play Beni, and on the Friday night, than play BBK.  Major Lazer - Thu, Chemical Brothers/National - Fri, Muse - Sat, Kendrick Lamar - Sun (???)

Given all of their tour dates that sounds about right.  I suppose the only thing that could make it slightly less likely is if The National do actually end up headlining Latitude, which would mean four consecutive nights of shows, all in different countries.  Certainly still plausible but perhaps unlikely depending on what they're like for needing rest days.

12 hours ago, Diamond1 said:

Hi All

Planning to go to Rototom Sunsplash in August.  Does anyone know which is the nearest hotel to the festival? Looked at Glamping but as not done before concerned about my belongings.

Thanks

you can see Hotel Orange from the fest site , friends who have stayed there say it ok

I've stayed at Hotel Orange a couple of times and if I was going this year that's where I'd be. It's not cheap but it's a decent hotel with a big pool and the location's great, about 15 minutes walk from the festival and 5 minutes from the beach. You can get triple rooms which helps bring the cost down.

On 2/17/2016 at 10:22 PM, Diamond1 said:

Hi All

Planning to go to Rototom Sunsplash in August.  Does anyone know which is the nearest hotel to the festival? Looked at Glamping but as not done before concerned about my belongings.

Thanks

I usually book through Viajes Orange (orange costa dot com). Never stayed at Hotel Orange, but we get an apartment  in the Princicassim buildings and we love it there. Massive pool, couple of minutes to the beach and really close to a big supermarket.