Going Alone / Camp Loner Thread for 2016

Chris_Hayter88

Also looking to join you guys! :) I've never camped in my life and my friends are cheap so it looks like I'll be going on my own... I live in London and since I'm a poor student who can't afford a car I'll be taking a train or a coach, if anybody wants to join me! I can't find that Facebook thing though.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just back from working overseas and friends all tied with work and kids! Haven't booked Reading yet but could be tempted. Is it a really big venue or can you still get about the site? This sounds a fun group to join!!

Have just booked 2000 Trees next week and Boardmasters. Trying to source Beautiful Days ticket too! Anyone else going let me know as going to those alone too. First festivals! :) 

On 29/06/2016 at 0:53 PM, Ed B said:

I'm just back from working overseas and friends all tied with work and kids! Haven't booked Reading yet but could be tempted. Is it a really big venue or can you still get about the site? This sounds a fun group to join!!

Have just booked 2000 Trees next week and Boardmasters. Trying to source Beautiful Days ticket too! Anyone else going let me know as going to those alone too. First festivals! :) 

It's not as big as Glastonbury which I went there for the first time this year, but it is fairly big.

Edited by Chris_Hayter88

Hiya all, I'll be going down with my daughter same as last year we're probably gonna be camping in white cos I'm a wrinkley old bastard an need my beauty sleep and frequent trips to the loo's :-o 

Would it be cool to call over an hang out with you guys for a while???

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, so after many failed attempts to convince people to go to Reading Festival this year, I have decided to just get a ticket anyway! I'm 20 (almost 21) and been to a couple of festivals before, but nothing this big. Would I be alright to join you guys?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! Hello everyone!

I'm seriously thinking about going from Spain to the fest. I've tried to convince to any of my frinds or acquantainces but I'm going to have to go alone if I want to be there. I don't feel like standing there alone all 3 days so it would be great if I can join any group of loners. Please answer me asap because I need confirmation to get the ticket and a flight relatively affordable. 

Another question, Is there any limitation for te no early entry tickets (which are sold out)? I mean a limitation of getting to some front areas or something like these.

Thank you very much in advance! I hope there is still time enough to make it :D

The more the merrier!

3 minutes ago, Dave Iaue said:

Hey! Hello everyone!

I'm seriously thinking about going from Spain to the fest. I've tried to convince to any of my frinds or acquantainces but I'm going to have to go alone if I want to be there. I don't feel like standing there alone all 3 days so it would be great if I can join any group of loners. Please answer me asap because I need confirmation to get the ticket and a flight relatively affordable. 

Another question, Is there any limitation for te no early entry tickets (which are sold out)? I mean a limitation of getting to some front areas or something like these.

Thank you very much in advance! I hope there is still time enough to make it :D

The early entry is for camping only. It lets you enter the campsite on Wednesday to pitch your tent. A regular ticket gets you in on Thursday morning. This is the only difference between the two (the consequence being that it's easier to get a good spot on Wednesday, but last year those of us there on Wednesday tried to keep as much space as possible - the outer camps don't get very busy on Wednesday normally). I don't know what the plans are this year, but we were in Orange last year and it wasn't too bad for those arriving early on Thursday. 

If you feel like camping in the more popular campsites (namely green/yellow), these fill up really quickly, and finding space for more than a single tent in these can be pretty hard on Thursday, especially as the day goes on.

On 26 July 2016 at 5:04 AM, Chris_Hayter88 said:

Feel free to add me on fb as Chris Hayter and I'll add you :)

Tried before - spoke to you briefly on there but it says I can no longer reply - so I can only assume I've ballsed something up! (I don't use Facebook so have no idea what i'm doing :P).

I (think) I've tried again - I'll drop you a PM anyway! Cheers :)

4 hours ago, bca said:

Tried before - spoke to you briefly on there but it says I can no longer reply - so I can only assume I've ballsed something up! (I don't use Facebook so have no idea what i'm doing :P).

I (think) I've tried again - I'll drop you a PM anyway! Cheers :)

Are you the guy that came last year? Just responded to you on FB.

Edited by Chris_Hayter88

3 minutes ago, Chris_Hayter88 said:

Are you the guy that came last year? Just responded to you on FB.

I did! I just created a new account, I think that one was fucked up as I had loads of buttons missing. Also won't get the candy crush notifications any more!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!! 

Just got my ticket through the post right now, and with failed attempts to get friends to come (very little bands this year for them) I'm still going, plus I want to make some new friends!

im glad there is so many who do come alone, so may I join you? 

How many people will that make this camp Chris? Il add you on FB in a bit. Il be travelling from Surrey by train, anyone else coming that way on Thursday? We could meet and come in together? Will be great to see if we all have similar bands to see :)

3 hours ago, Nitch said:

Hey everyone!! 

Just got my ticket through the post right now, and with failed attempts to get friends to come (very little bands this year for them) I'm still going, plus I want to make some new friends!

im glad there is so many who do come alone, so may I join you? 

How many people will that make this camp Chris? Il add you on FB in a bit. Il be travelling from Surrey by train, anyone else coming that way on Thursday? We could meet and come in together? Will be great to see if we all have similar bands to see :)

Hi, all is welcome!

I got your message on Facebook, I will have to add you as I don't have the add as friend link publicaly available.

I would say about 20ish, but probably less?

That is possible, I'm happy to message people my number nearer the time and meet people near the entrance.

I haven't received mine through yet but I'm sure they are in the process of being sent out soon.

Also, I'm due to go to another music festival the weekend before Reading so if I take a while to reply, you will know why! :)

Edited by Chris_Hayter88

1 hour ago, Nitch said:

Awesome Chris! Yeah I'm pretty busy leading up to it too. From what I briefly skimmed through past posts, are you gonna camp in roughly the same place? And if so was it Orange ? 

Mass bbq on Thursday night then? :P

Yeah, it all seems like we are happy in the E section in orange, I'm sure we will have a big flag or something to help people recognise the camp.

Sounds like a good plan! :)