Going Alone / Camp Loner Thread for 2016

Chris_Hayter88

mmm hello guys... 

I am new at this... I really would like to go with you but I don't know how I can do it hahaha the next week I'll move to UK and... I don't have friends! hahahahaha in addition to it would be my first festival... so I want to know how you think organize it, you make a whastapp group... or talk in this forum... hahahaha 

should I buy the ticket?!

I'll be living in Bristol! 

thank you guys! it will be epiiiccc!!! hahaha

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 22/02/2016 at 8:20 PM, vulpixie said:

I'd love to go but I've never gone alone before obviously a lot of people are interested sooo is this really a thing?? O:

Also does anyone know how to go about volunteering at Reading?

Google hotbox events, Im working Latitude and Reading. You pay a deposit of £200ish and get your money back at the end of the festival season (sept/oct) as long as you work three 8 hour shifts, loads more info on their website. I've never worked a fest before

OXFAM stewarding provides stewards in Arena ( small number on entrance gates) working on all the stages.

FREE secure, quiet camping in WHITE but there is a STAFF boat plus you get

FREE 24/7 tea & coffee ( bring a mug!)

FREE phone charging.

MEAL TICKET PER SHIFT to use in cheap, good crew catering

Large TESCO extra 5 mins walk offsite

Also get to wear sexy day-glo orange tabards 

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/stewarding

basically your the 'eyes & ears' of the festival by helping festival goers, giving directions and you always have a supervisor in your team for support and any issues

Edited by adz101

On 02/03/2016 at 0:16 AM, Van_essa said:

Hey guys 

I won't be alone as there are two of us going but we have never been to a festival before and it's quite daunting, would we be able to tag onto the camp loner?

Sure, of course.

14 hours ago, Kasia_Lena said:

Hi All! I'm also going to the festival alone and I was wondering if I will be the only one... I'm happy that I won't be :) Are you all going to volunteer? Are you going to be there for the entire festival or just  chosen day/s? 

I'm not planning on volunteering myself, I don't know about anyone else.

1 hour ago, Luis Martín said:

Hi Kasia

have you bought your ticket yet????

I want to go but I don't know how we are going to do it... because Im alone too hahaha

Hi Luis :)

Yes, I bought the ticket yesterday! I am also a bit concerned, as it will be my first time going to a festival alone, not volunteering, but I wouldn't let this stop me from going! I am sure everything will be fine :) We won't be alone there anyway, there will be more people like us, and it will be a great adventure! :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2016 at 4:02 AM, poppunkprincess_eryn said:

Hey everyone! I looked into volunteering, but since I'm a US citizen and not a UK citizen, I'm not eligible to volunteer :( Looking to tag along with the camping loner group and just going to the festival for fun! 

Ther are  American festivals run by Insomniac where you can volunteer at their EDC festivals with 'ground control' volunteers ( EDC UK) festival is in Milton keynes)

Facebook link is https://www.facebook.com/iLoveGroundControl/ :)

• 5 weeks later...

Is anyone going on Wednesday this year? Someone I know can't use their early entry so I might buy it from them.

I'll hopefully join camp loner again this year - it was so much nicer than trying to get crap organised with friends (how bloody difficult can it be getting 4 twenty somethings to a festival!).

Hi guys so I came across this after giving up on my mates. Im in London and Id be traveling to reading which isn't far and Im planning to camp the whole weekend. Im totally crap at putting up a tent but love camping out! Who's actually booked a ticket and definetly going ? 

On 29/04/2016 at 6:06 PM, bca said:

Is anyone going on Wednesday this year? Someone I know can't use their early entry so I might buy it from them.

I'll hopefully join camp loner again this year - it was so much nicer than trying to get crap organised with friends (how bloody difficult can it be getting 4 twenty somethings to a festival!).

I'll be there on the Wednesday as I was last year.

If any of you are getting there on the Wednesday, I'm happy to meet up before and private message you my number. I'm aiming to be there early on the Wednesday.

Edited by Chris_Hayter88

7 hours ago, Gerts said:

Hi guys so I came across this after giving up on my mates. Im in London and Id be traveling to reading which isn't far and Im planning to camp the whole weekend. Im totally crap at putting up a tent but love camping out! Who's actually booked a ticket and definetly going ? 

My ticket is booked. I don't plan on missing a year anytime soon!

Just get a pop up tent. Easier to put up and you may actually take it home after the festival! I'm not coming from London, but I'll be travelling through Paddington on the train.

3 hours ago, Chris_Hayter88 said:

I'll be there on the Wednesday as I was last year.

If any of you are getting there on the Wednesday, I'm happy to meet up before and private message you my number. I'm aiming to be there early on the Wednesday.

I'll probably get down there fairly early too. I'll most likely get to paddington just after rush hour so I don't have to be squashed in a ridiculously busy day. I'd rather chill for a couple of hours in reading with a beer than endure a packed train with all my camping gear!