BEARDED THEORY 2016

THEBOILERMAN

In two weeks I'll be wajing up with a hangover in a hot tent.

Wander through to the arena where the Indian stall does a great bacon butty with a free coffee and study the line up times in the programme, hoping that clashfinder times were wrong and some of the clashes can be avoided.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Perks said:

Dude, you're gonna love it. 2 weeks today, so damn excited

Nice man, been watching some videos to get myself in the mood. It looks like brill. Shame about Arrested Development, looks like it's either a toss up between OTT or P.A.I.N on the Sunday then!

Is there an efest meet going on? Or do we just get pissed and bump into each other along the way?

Do you think Squeeze will be bumped up to top spot now? Bearing in mind Sunday has been promoted as a double headliner night, it seems a bit off if the new band grabs the top spot, don't you think? Being old and grey and as in touch as a High Court Judge I don't know which of these two are the bigger these days, but I think I would expect that to happen if I were in Difford and Tilbrook's shoes.

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Had a look at the Clashfinder for the first time in a while today. I know it's guess work and all that but is there any reason why it's got SLF on before Beans On Toast?  

The Bearded Theory folk said that they had agreed with the Council to keep Woodland open til later, but on the basis that an acoustic act was last, and therefore he would be after SLFs. I filled the Clashfinder in accordingly, but I have no inner loop knowledge - just trying to piece it all together like everyone else. The Convoy Cabaret I did based on their facebook page, but otherwise its a combination of last years times, and stated start and end times, and probably a sprinkling of wishful thinking. Even so, it produced some nasty clashes for me (Killing Joke and Zub Zub particularly painful) so in some respects would be happy to be proved wrong.

35 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Ah, hadn't realised it was you, Sparky. Makes perfect sense. I suppose it is therefore no worry to me that Arrested Development have cancelled as I'll be at SLF anyway :D

I feel much the same way. In all my years on the planet I've somehow managed to miss SLF, so whoever is on the main stage I'll probably give them a miss

8 minutes ago, sparkythetortoise said:

I feel much the same way. In all my years on the planet I've somehow managed to miss SLF, so whoever is on the main stage I'll probably give them a miss

SLF in 2014 (?) at Bearded were amazing. Like you, I had somehow conspired not to see them up to that point but was blown away. Easily band of the weekend that year. I remember turning to my mate at the end and saying "How the fuck have I never seen these before? Amazing!" 

Ahh just looked at the clashfinder (nice work sparky) the Killing Joke Zub Zub and Levs Subgiant clashes are grim!

Beans on after SLF is interesting. I like it, be nice to chill after the madness of SLF.

Cant bloody wait now..

Got the tent out, is a new one for me, my old trusty of 8 years finally died last year at Glastonbury. Borrowing me cousins, bloody massive! But ace putting it up, having a beer listening to Killing Joke

On 5/14/2016 at 4:23 PM, Perks said:

Ahh just looked at the clashfinder (nice work sparky) the Killing Joke Zub Zub and Levs Subgiant clashes are grim!

Beans on after SLF is interesting. I like it, be nice to chill after the madness of SLF.

Cant bloody wait now..

Cheers Perks - Those are the clashes that are hurting me too - especially as Killing Joke was moved up from their lower position. I originally had in mind  Killing Joke > Zub Zub > Levellers > Subgiant (how astounding would that have been) but no amount of tinkering with the clashfinder can make it happen. We just have to hope the sequence is wrong. Incidentally, I should say that the initial donkey work was done by someone called Mattyc1965 - I've done the much easier task of fiddling about with times and newer acts afterwards - credit where its due  

5 hours ago, maninkilt said:

At least the stages are very close together, little time wasted getting from one to the other.

A point worth remembering. 

I watched a band in the big tent last year, 2 minutes after they finished I was at the front of the Pallet Stage as The Mission intro music kicked in.