BEARDED THEORY 2016

THEBOILERMAN

Should be good although I've not seen them do a festival set before.

Incidentally one of the things that struck me when I saw them was the difference between the John Lydon who is in PIL and his Jonny Rotten Sex Pistols character. He still had his moments but nothing like the cartoon caricature I saw at the Pistols Brixton shows a few years ago. 

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrorvision then.... Gonna be a great evening Friday on the main stage. Loved Terrorvision a few years back when they played. If they add king blues to that Friday line up, it'll be ridiculous, it's already to good!

11 hours ago, timespeedsup said:

Good effort with the ridiculously early Clashfinder!

If it helps, Woodlands closed the music at 11pm last year, I know as I tried in vain to have some Cara Dillon after Afro Celts. 

but Woodlands was playing after the Pallet headliners finished.... Sunday you couldn't get into Neville Staple who was still going well after 11pm.

Maybe it will be different as there is comedy in the Woodland after the music this year too.

7 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

I loved the King Blues. Was gutted when they split. Saw Itch on his own last year and it was dire. He'd obviously been groomed out in LA and looked like Hitler.  Here's hoping they return to what they do best

They were awesome on saturday at.ally pally

On 2/21/2016 at 9:38 PM, timespeedsup said:

Good effort with the ridiculously early Clashfinder!

If it helps, Woodlands closed the music at 11pm last year, I know as I tried in vain to have some Cara Dillon after Afro Celts. 

There was another act on after Cara Dillon - Bill Smarme or something like that. Comedy songs I think - it wasn't really my cup of tea. The general information shows a midnight finish on Friday and Saturday, though is does show a 11:00pm finish on the Sunday for this year, and 11:00pm finish for Magical Sounds as well, so there may be a change. The introduction of Stiff Little Fingers makes this more than a casual concern now, so I asked them  - they said it was down to the local authorities, so still a bit vague, I think. 

Edited by sparkythetortoise

4 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Last time SLF played they were the band of the weekend. Excellent booking.

Strongly agree. See you at the Woodland. It'll be BADASS!!

delighted with King blues too. That Friday line up is just, well just friggen awesome. Main stage all day for me. Never ever done that before at a festival

49 minutes ago, stutheblue said:

Two brilliant announcements for me. Love them both, although I think Jamie Jazz announced last week that he was leaving the King Blues after the tour they were doing with Enter Shikari - short lived reunion!!

Youre right. Ally pally was jamies last show

2 minutes ago, A Guy Called Matt said:

I am sure Gail's is just  npen Mic this year - but with performances from some of her regulars as part of it. Happy to be proved wrong or right mind.

Didn't know that but I'm sure there will be a few bands playing In there even If It Is.