BEARDED THEORY 2016

THEBOILERMAN

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, not sure on Squeeze. I saw them many, many moons ago headlining Reading and found them a bit dull but that was a lifetime back. On the other hand, I saw one of the main guys (can't remember which one!) Do a solo slot at the Acoustic Festival of GB and really enjoyed it. 

Arrested Developement, I would imagine, should be great. Anyone seen them before? 

7 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Yeah, not sure on Squeeze. I saw them many, many moons ago headlining Reading and found them a bit dull but that was a lifetime back. On the other hand, I saw one of the main guys (can't remember which one!) Do a solo slot at the Acoustic Festival of GB and really enjoyed it. 

Arrested Developement, I would imagine, should be great. Anyone seen them before? 

Never seen AD before but looking at Youtube video they should be good. Saw Squeeze in 2014 and they were OK. The dance tent may well beckon for me Sunday night.

6 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Yep seen them at Standon Calling a couple of years back...great fun. Will be getting jiggy with them again

On 06/02/2016 at 9:06 AM, Gnomicide said:
On 06/02/2016 at 9:06 AM, Gnomicide said:

Saw them three years ago at Beautiful Days, great entertainment and very energetic

This is by no means a criticism of BT, however for me this years line up is the weakest I can remember. It also seems to have been a particularly difficult one to get over the line for team BT. I wonder if targets that they were chasing changed, and they've struggled.

But like I say, 'for me'. I appreciate that for others it will be the strongest lineup. The thing is though, that even though (with the exception of the Levellers) I don't see a single act that I know I'd pay cash money to see elsewhere, I'll still be going, because I love this festival and I know I'll have a great time!

24 minutes ago, maninkilt said:

Has anybody seen P.I.L. lately ? What sort of set do they do?

Not seen them personally but this seems to be  aa typical set list:

1. Deeper Water
  2. Death Disco
  3. The One
  4. Disappointed
  5. The Body
  6. Warrior
  7. Religion
  8. Open Up / Shoom
  9. Encore:
  10. Public Image
    Rise
Edited by A Guy Called Matt

58 minutes ago, A Guy Called Matt said:

Not seen them personally but this seems to be  aa typical set list:

1. Deeper Water
  2. Death Disco
  3. The One
  4. Disappointed
  5. The Body
  6. Warrior
  7. Religion
  8. Open Up / Shoom
  9. Encore:
  10. Public Image
    Rise

Cheers Matt. Sounds pretty good.

5 hours ago, maninkilt said:

yes several times over the years. Last time was late last year. They pretty much mix it up depending on if John is enjoying himself. The oldies are obviously good to hear but their new stuff is outstanding. Last year the very last song they played they turned the bass up....I mean up! so much it churned your stomach.....outstanding show. John was really on it that night , smiling and giggling. He didn't want to come off. It was only when the stage manager told him off the side of the stage that he would cut the desk if they didn't stop that they caved in

22 hours ago, maninkilt said:

Saw them a couple of years ago when they toured their last but one album and they put on a great two hour show . loads of old stuff, but the new ones also fitted in perfectly. As deebeedoobee said when John asks for the bass to be tuned up your internal organs know that they are in for an experience.

PIL are not just John Lydon and some musicians, but a complete band and special mention must go out for Lu Edmonds on guitar

3 hours ago, tjamest said:

Saw them a couple of years ago when they toured their last but one album and they put on a great two hour show . loads of old stuff, but the new ones also fitted in perfectly. As deebeedoobee said when John asks for the bass to be tuned up your internal organs know that they are in for an experience.

PIL are not just John Lydon and some musicians, but a complete band and special mention must go out for Lu Edmonds on guitar

Excellent stuff, looking forward to them even more now.