BEARDED THEORY 2016

THEBOILERMAN

11 hours ago, psychology said:

So I am the big 50 this year and am giving Glastonbury a miss as I have a big family holiday around that time and TBH think I need a year off from it. As Bearded Theory is the week before my birthday its ideal for a weekend away with some friends

Me too. I'm going to BT for the first time this year as the lineup is awesome and it's another excuse to celebrate my 50th, but Glasto is my main celebration. 

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/22/2016 at 1:53 PM, psychology said:

What's it like and is it suitable for a bunch of 50 year olds who like the odd drink?

Given that you've now booked perhaps you've since found out, but as you've been to Glastonbury, I would describe it as taking the Glade, the Avalon Stage, and perhaps something of the Acoustic, and setting them up as a festival in their own right. Speaking as someone who looks over his shoulder at a long gone 50 wistfully I can also confirm it is age appropriate! 

1 hour ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Given that you've now booked perhaps you've since found out, but as you've been to Glastonbury, I would describe it as taking the Glade, the Avalon Stage, and perhaps something of the Acoustic, and setting them up as a festival in their own right. Speaking as someone who looks over his shoulder at a long gone 50 wistfully I can also confirm it is age appropriate! 

Sounds great, love the acoustic stage. 

I believe you can take your own drink like Glastonbury, is there the same restriction on glass as the ladies want to know if they have to bring wine in boxes?

1 hour ago, psychology said:

Sounds great, love the acoustic stage. 

I believe you can take your own drink like Glastonbury, is there the same restriction on glass as the ladies want to know if they have to bring wine in boxes?

No glass - but bear in mind that the drinks are pub prices (actually cheaper than the pubs from around my way) so although you can take your own drink into the arena, you may simply prefer to buy it from the vendors

2 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

No glass - but bear in mind that the drinks are pub prices (actually cheaper than the pubs from around my way) so although you can take your own drink into the arena, you may simply prefer to buy it from the vendors

and the bar is run by Thornbridge and the Jaipur at 5.9% and Jaipur X at 10% are excellent value when you consider how few you need to get absolutely wrecked :D 

1 hour ago, psychology said:

Well that's 10 of us booked. Does anyone know when it sells out because a couple don't know if they can come yet as he might be working away for a few months?

It didn't sell out until the week before last year but that is obviously only a guide.

Bearded Theory do seem to keep people informed on their Facebook page so an idea to Like that.

On 1 February 2016 at 9:50 PM, thurlow84 said:

Well im happy to have a guess but id be suprised if im correct

I'll go for public service broadcasting 

Or maybe the king blues

I'm bursting to know who they've lined up for the Sunday headliner slot, second headline and Friday second, its been really quiet from team BT on this, I wonder if they're struggling. I'm not keen on the King Blues myself, but would love to see PSB at the festival. However I don't think either are headline size, not 'closing the festival' big enough. My guess is they're after a bigger, probably older name, you can bet they've approached people like ELO, Simple Minds etc. Paul Heaton and Jackie Abbott were too expensive, so thats the size they're chasing.