BEARDED THEORY 2016

THEBOILERMAN

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 27/12/2015 at 8:24 AM, eFestivals said:

don't get too excited. There's only one of the originals, and he's on stage for about half a song.

They're still all right I guess cos they've got the songs, but it's not really Black Uhuru.

I loved them at Boomtown, Wailers are the same with one original along with many more i.e. Boney M and the likes.

Edited by The Devils Prefect

On 29/12/2015 at 2:23 PM, The Devils Prefect said:

I loved them at Boomtown, Wailers are the same with one original along with many more i.e. Boney M and the likes.

Did they play? :blink:

I know Black Uhuru were announced for last year, but I also know their name disappeared from the line-up (and weren't in the programme as far as I noticed when on-site) and replaced by Mikel Rose (which I planned to see, but didn't get to so don't know if it happened). Mikel Rose is nothing to do with the currently-touring Black Uhuru.

And while The Waliers only have Familyman as the one remaining member, he's still a fully-integral part of the whole set ... rather than someone who shows his face on stage just briefly as a form of authentication as Duckie does for BU.

As I said, today's Black Uhuru still enjoyable because they're doing the songs, but they're not really Black Uhuru.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13 January 2016 at 9:31 PM, BlackHole2006 said:

What about The Wonder Stuff?

Yeah they were great last time. Would be chuffed to see them again. The band that's being hinted at tho is probably King Blues. They fit the hints perfectly. Never mind, there's other stages ;D.

Still waiting for Sunday night headliners announcement. Must have been a tricky slot to fill this year.

So I am the big 50 this year and am giving Glastonbury a miss as I have a big family holiday around that time and TBH think I need a year off from it. As Bearded Theory is the week before my birthday its ideal for a weekend away with some friends.

What's it like and is it suitable for a bunch of 50 year olds who like the odd drink?

41 minutes ago, psychology said:

So I am the big 50 this year and am giving Glastonbury a miss as I have a big family holiday around that time and TBH think I need a year off from it. As Bearded Theory is the week before my birthday its ideal for a weekend away with some friends.

What's it like and is it suitable for a bunch of 50 year olds who like the odd drink?

It is perfect, trust me.

52 minutes ago, psychology said:

Not at all. You will have to increase your drinking especially

3 hours ago, psychology said:

Designed just for you mate.

more line up news.

just pinched this from the bt forum.

Maui Waui is delighted to be bringing a massive selection of top quality acts and performers to Bearded Theory, we'll be dressing up the stage, crew and you!

Electric Swing Circus headline the Friday night bringing sounds of the 20's mixed up and played live, fused with bouncy electro beats. Smerins Anti-Social Club headline the Saturday night, the formidable festival favourites are guaranteed to get you dancing with their big brass sound. Gypsy Hill headline Sunday and are an explosion of gypsy sounds with a big back beat, music from heart played to move your feet!

Alongside these 3 top acts we have confirmed King Porta Stomp, Rumjig, Tallulah Goodtimes, Jenova Collective, Lounge Cats, Mista Beat, Regime, Echo Town, Headspace, Johnny Kowalski & The Sexy Weirdos, Solana, Murphys Lore, Aerielism Circus and with much more to be announced.

You will be mad to miss the Maui Waui show! We strongly encourage people to dress up and dance, we come with a full dressing up room free to use! So we'll see you in the field.