Rock Werchter 2016

Tremousse

I hope so, I want to see how they do at headlining a festival and in Belgium where they are adored will be a fantastic place to see it.

Seen them headline werchter twice, first one was amazing and second time was a bit disappointing.

So hopefully more of the first time.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They better stay away from their new album in that case, so disappointed with it.

I think it's fantastic, takes a few listens and is certainly a grower. Not as immediate as previous albums, will be a editors classic though.

The Law and Our Love are pretty much editors masterpieces already.

Can't wait for the tour.

Edited by thetime

Yeah I loved those, I just find this new one so one note. Unfortunately I've got so many albums I'm into at the moment I don't have the will to give it multiple listens. Ill revisit it if they're announced haha. I've got to be honest though, their 2nd album has most of the songs I love to hear live, they're just made for festival crowds

their 2nd album has most of the songs I love to hear live, they're just made for festival crowds

Yes I agree with that, full of anthems. The new album is more fitting to a gig setting rather than a big festival stage/crowd.

Reminds me of Bjork's biophilia album, was amazing in a small venue but got lost at pukkelpop. From what I've heard from people who went to bestival, got lost there as well.

I bet on Justice for a dance act, Disclosure is highly probable ! I think that a night with a combination Editors-Eminem is possible too.

Oh boy... Justice will force me to go back to RW. But I bet for Rudimental and Faithless maybe +- Infected Mushrooms/Nero/Chase And Status, don't know about Disclosure it's act more for Tomorrowland crowd pretty boring seems for me.

I'm saying Netsky, Disclosure, Rudimental and Major Lazer as Main Stage dance act options.

Faithless really bombed at TW Classic last year, followed by a lot of bad press. Don't think they'll risk to put it at Werchter. Justice is a possible KluB C closer, if they're willing to take lower spots on the poster again. If not, then I think Dour and Les Ardentes have a head start. 

I'm hoping for LCD Soundsystem as a KluB C closer. 

So, at this point Rammstein is almost certainly touring Europe in June. Which means we've 4 major acts that are now 99% certainties: Foo Fighters, Rammstein, Editors and Netsky.

Also Rammstein is never followed by a dance closer (since it takes hours to break down their setup), so we've only got 2 more dance closers (or even less) to look out for. 

So, at this point Rammstein is almost certainly touring Europe in June. Which means we've 4 major acts that are now 99% certainties: Foo Fighters, Rammstein, Editors and Netsky.

Also Rammstein is never followed by a dance closer (since it takes hours to break down their setup), so we've only got 2 more dance closers (or even less) to look out for.

Is netsky massive in Belgium then? Do the play live or is it just a guy twiddling with the mixer, mouthing the words to other people's songs whilst bouncing around and waving his arms?

When do we think RW will start announcing? As Graspop have started very early

Somewhere in November, I guess. I don't think Foo Fighters will start announcing festival dates yet, since their November Arena tour includes some non-sold out dates. Editors has a Belgian arena show at the end of this month, so we probably won't hear about them until after that show. And the wild rumours about the whereabouts of Rammstein's tour lead me to believe that an announcement ain't for the following days.

30th June - 3rd July : #RW16 !!

We already know that Foo Fighters will be one of the headliners.

2016 will be a golden year, because a lot of headline-sized bands are touring (Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers...).

Open'er festival is going to give the name of the first headliner on Thursday 3rd September ! It could be a headliner at Rock Werchter too..

So. For next year, who do you expect ?

ERRATUM : Foo Fighters are now probably ruled out. 

Thank you Dietediet !